Register

Truth in the #'s

We keep seeing the men who's "Kinsey rating" is a 1, but they act more like they're a 3 or a 4. Because the last 3 men rate themselves as a "1", but wow they're more like a 4!
    Do you thinks this is because they're afraid to admit it to themselves or others that they like sex with men?

Re: Truth in the #'s

I think our perception is a little skewed on here though. In real life, they may be a 1 or a 2. They're coming here to explore that side of things, so we're going to see more of that side of them than normal.

Coastocoast

I think it is perception of how you come to that # in many cases. If I had an attractive example of both genders in front of me and told to pick I would pick the woman. I am on my own after loosing a wife. I ended up with a Friends with benefits situation with a guy after several relationships with women got too complicated with the kids and it worked to satisfy a need. I would be open to either at this point so am more than incidentally into men now so I am at a 2. Yes some are in denial but others compare what they read and how people score themselves rather than just read the scale and make a decision about how they feel on its own merit. I take more stock in what I see people are looking for rather than a 1-6 rating.

I might add that it is also probably because it is the default. I confess that I just had to check mine. I was a 1. I set it to 2. Could be 3, but the thing is, I have never been with a guy. I can safely say a 2, because I have been attracted to cocks. I love anal sex, though never got my wife to peg me. So I get to ride a dildo when alone. I am married to a great woman, other than total lack of interest in sex. So I don't step out on her. So I can't fully commit to being this or that. In the end, who needs labels. I know what I like or might like, just no way to find out. And even if she was so magnanimous as to give me a "hall pass", I would be so afraid to step out. Between diseases that can kill you, to men who might just kill you, I wouldn't even know how.

It is basically a self label and as such is mainly for the person themselves. It is asking us to go along a monosexual(hetero to gay) line rather than a monosexual vs bisexual coding. There are few metrics for a person to use to evaluate their thoughts, emotions and behaviour.

Bisexuality is not really a monosexual thing at all and we should stop comparing ourselves to gays and straight. We are not either on the long term of our lives. We are bisexual and accepting of our sexuality to a variety of degrees. Remember you are bisexual all of your life even if you didn't recognize it. Then again, we read reports of men(especially) discovering their same sex attraction after 40 and no attraction to men before. Bisexuality is about fluid sexual and or emotional attraction over time to both genders.
    Last edited by tenni; Sep 9, 2014 at 5:30 PM.

If someone is a 3 or equal they are able to fall in love or have partnerships with both genders. While people who are 1-2 will only fall in love or have relationships with the opposite gender while still being sexually attracted to the same gender. People who are 4-5 on the scale only want romance or relationships with the same gender, and just have a sexual attraction to the opposite gender.

There is a huge difference between a bi-curious person and a fully realized actively bisexual person. Many who come here are fantasy seekers, those who toy with the concept of same-sex play in their mind without having ever actually done the deed. Not that we all don't have to start somewhere, but those people have a long way before they will admit to themselves they are bisexual or let the urge pass. Many will never act on their fantasies of same-sex play and go on with their heterosexual lives, societal or religious moral pressure will prove to be too much for them to overcome. Some will dabble a bit, a few will pursue their desires and then retreat back into their heteronormative lives. Fewer still will become fully realized bisexual people who actually live the life and continue to seek same-sex contact. Many simply chicken out, they feel too much pressure to be normal. The dabblers often flake on meetings or ghost on more serious people because they loose their nerve. It's an unfortunate reality, some of us are less like the others and less likely to identify ourselves as bisexual.

I can kinda get it!: I'm not attracted to under 30yo males. But there are exceptions due to some being sexy for some reason.lol
    So I'd be a Kinsey 1 on the Twink scale. Some others prefer twinks , so rate higher.

But while having sex with hone, you'd be a raving twink fanatic?
    "You're like my yo-yo, that glowed in the dark. What made it special, made it dangerous. So I bury it, and forget.":Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by 2bi2Bboring View Post
    There is a huge difference between a bi-curious person and a fully realized actively bisexual person. Many who come here are fantasy seekers, those who toy with the concept of same-sex play in their mind without having ever actually done the deed. Not that we all don't have to start somewhere, but those people have a long way before they will admit to themselves they are bisexual or let the urge pass. Many will never act on their fantasies of same-sex play and go on with their heterosexual lives, societal or religious moral pressure will prove to be too much for them to overcome. Some will dabble a bit, a few will pursue their desires and then retreat back into their heteronormative lives. Fewer still will become fully realized bisexual people who actually live the life and continue to seek same-sex contact. Many simply chicken out, they feel too much pressure to be normal. The dabblers often flake on meetings or ghost on more serious people because they loose their nerve. It's an unfortunate reality, some of us are less like the others and less likely to identify ourselves as bisexual.
    In order to be bisexual you do not have to have had sex with the same gender, or even opposite gender.

A person can be a virgin to both genders and have never kissed anyone but if they're sexually attracted to both genders then they're bisexual.

If a person is gay or straight and a virgin it's not like they'd say "Oh I'm gay curious since I'm gay but still a virgin..." or "I'm straight curious since I'm straight but haven't had sex yet..."
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Sep 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    In order to be bisexual you do not have to have had sex with the same gender, or even opposite gender. ... If a person is gay or straight and a virgin it's not like they'd say "Oh I'm gay curious since I'm gay but still a virgin..." or "I'm straight curious since I'm straight but haven't had sex yet..."
    I remember being "Straight-Curious"! LOL Then I learned about same-sex attraction & gay sex. Then I was horrified that I might NOT be straight, but I also didn't "FEEL" Gay. I had some great sexual experiences with girls in high school, but also had a 'crush' on an older (male) classmate. By the time I finally accepted myself as a bona-fide bisexual male, I was 28. I then dated guys exclusively for almost two years before dating women again. I LOVE being bisexual & appreciating the beauty & possibilities of being attracted to anyone.

Very nicely put P_S!

I enjoy friendships with both men and women. And I've always enjoyed friends who I feel comfortable sharing everything with. For me, if those friends are going to also be partners in casual sex, I prefer men. There is just way too much potential for drama with women. I've never had any drama at all with male friends.

I'm really not what would be classified as bisexual at al. I'm just sexual.
    I've worn a beret, a badge, and a suit and tie. Now I prefer wearing nothing!

Most men, at one time or another, have wished they could suck their own cocks.
    A real man, admits he'd like to suck other cocks

I believe I'm more a two, maybe even a three, but unfortunately just curious at the moment.