Register

Pale colored stool. STD or other type of infection? Should I still be this worried?

I had unprotected anal a few days ago (They claimed to be clean and it only lasted five minutes). I got a fever off and on for two days after. Then it went entirely away. The only thing that remains is the mild nausea and pale colored stool, that's only happened one time. Is that something to be worried about? I get my blood STD test results tomorrow. However, the urine result was clean. Has anybody here ever been through anything like this? Do you think my stress is causing some of these ill effects? I have tried asking this on medical forums and Yahoo answers, but all I have got are premade messages as response, such as, "go to the doctor" in bold letters, or no responses at all.

Re: Pale colored stool. STD or other type of infection? Should I still be this worrie

Since you had unprotected sex and you did say that you felt sick like you had a fever for two days and then it went entirely away, you could be HIV+. The people on the medical forums are correct you should see a doctor or a medical professional.

Re: Pale colored stool. STD or other type of infection? Should I still be this worrie

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    Since you had unprotected sex and you did say that you felt sick like you had a fever for two days and then it went entirely away, you could be HIV+. The people on the medical forums are correct you should see a doctor or a medical professional.
    That's alarming. I always thought the symptoms persisted. I'm nervous right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TML1991 View Post
    That's alarming. I always thought the symptoms persisted. I'm nervous right now.
    No the infection symptoms for HIV do not persist. My friends who are HIV+ said how at first they got very sick with what they thought was a really bad flu or high fever about 2 days they were infected, and then all of a sudden it went away after 2 or 3 days.

I do not know your sexual history, or sexual practices; but the way most people get infected with HIV is through unprotected anal or vaginal sex, or through infected blood getting into their bloodstream. Keep in mind that just because a test shows you as "negative" now that does not mean you are since it can take up to as long as six months for the virus to show up in a test.

Just because a woman or man claims that they do not have any STDs that does not mean that it's true. Even if they pull out test results and the test says they are "neg" for STDs that does not always mean they actually are HIV neg or do not have other STDs since they could have been recently infected.

Really though, you should see a doctor or medical professional and tell them you had unprotected anal sex. Did you have oral sex too, or do anything else?
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Sep 1, 2014 at 9:35 PM.

Okay, well from what I understand an HIV test will not reveal a result from THIS incidence of sex until about 3-4 months from now, once the antibodies have had a chance to build up in your system.. Certain pharmacies sell the oral HIV test over the counter - you can basically walk in, pick one up and walk out with it - but the oral test looks for a high prevalence of antibodies trying to fight the infection. .it takes months for that to happen from an instance of sex.

I once did this, in the heat of passion I asked a guy to use a condom but was still not sure if he really used one or not. Once I realized he lied about having a drinking problem and lied about being on parole I had to wonder if he also lied when he said he was "clean" or not. Thankfully four months later I found out that he was telling the truth. No fun is it? Next time use a condom or do a lower risk activity unless you really know the guy.

I am no doctor but it sounds to me like you might have some other sort of infection, it is possible to rip yourself around pretty good during anal intercourse..I have made myself "sick" just using toys if your body is not used to that sort of thing.

I once had a tablespoon-full of my best friend's seven alarm chili and my stool was WHITE the next day. (The chili was really good, but very spicy - it made the oak floorboards start to sway).
    Last edited by elian; Sep 1, 2014 at 9:48 PM.

I had a microtear. Could that have gotten infected? And did you suffer the same symptoms I did?

I have been a little too rough with toys and caused anal bleeding which of course results in fatigue and other symptoms of not feeling well. Lucky for me it healed in a few days. If you are very concerned you should speak to a doctor or health clinic.

Hopefully you'll get the doctor who is "cool" with it, at least I guess most of them are trained to be - besides if you've seen enough nekkid bodies I have to imagine they all probably start to look like cattle after a while.

As far as being embarrassed to ask - I mean, even married men shove stuff up there too - If I was really worried I think I would just tell the doc, "I think I had unprotected sex and I need to get tested for STDs" - that ought to be all they need to know.
    Last edited by elian; Sep 1, 2014 at 9:56 PM.

I didn't have any blood in my stool. But a lot when wiping. Did you also suffer from that?

Yes, there was a little blood both in wiping and in stool - I was a little too horny and rough with myself playing with toys.. I should have used more lube, patience or both. After about three days I think I healed but until then I certainly felt fatigued and I felt some cold like symptoms. I know in my case it wasn't due to an STD from someone else since there was no other partner.

If it really bothers you, you should talk to a doctor.

FIRST OF ALL DON'T PANIC. Yes unprotected sex can be a problem and can lead to a lot of things. But don't assume pale stool is HIV until you get tests. Pale stools could be for a lot of reasons from the std's discussed to liver bile duct obstruction to pancreatic attack to gall stones and more. So don;t think it is the dreaded HIV although the others don;t sound too good either. Just go get a check up and if something shows such as hepatitis or something else, you will know. Yes the HIV has an incubation period before you can really know but don't assume the worst until you get a test.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTLUVIN View Post
    FIRST OF ALL DON'T PANIC. Yes unprotected sex can be a problem and can lead to a lot of things. But don't assume pale stool is HIV until you get tests. Pale stools could be for a lot of reasons from the std's discussed to liver bile duct obstruction to pancreatic attack to gall stones and more. So don;t think it is the dreaded HIV although the others don;t sound too good either. Just go get a check up and if something shows such as hepatitis or something else, you will know. Yes the HIV has an incubation period before you can really know but don't assume the worst until you get a test.
    I worry too much, and that apparently causes health problems. And HIV doesn't cause pale stool, it causes very dark stool.

I was told the same thing by an MD on a website that I was told by my actual doctor. STDs don't kick in that fast. I could have another infection. Hopefully, it's not that bad. Also the microtear could have gotten infected. I might be able to rest easier now.

My lower right ab also is a little sore. Does anybody here think I got a liver infection? It's been 5 days, all original symptoms are gone, but I have liver problem symptoms.

OK, you're asking a group of people who most likely have zero medical background this stuff? TML, as an ex medic, just go to a clinic. We can all second guess what it "might be" and thus scare the hell out of you, and just like WebMD or any of these other sites, they can have misleading or false info. And some forms of HIV (and a few other nasty STDs) can lie dormant for WAY longer than a few months in tests. You could easily have gotten bad food, nerves, reaction to something you took, etc. Don't jump the gun, just go talk to a professional and be straight forward and honest with them. I assure you, NOTHING you could tell them will shock them.

Quote Originally Posted by WebothBbi View Post
    OK, you're asking a group of people who most likely have zero medical background this stuff? TML, as an ex medic, just go to a clinic. We can all second guess what it "might be" and thus scare the hell out of you, and just like WebMD or any of these other sites, they can have misleading or false info. And some forms of HIV (and a few other nasty STDs) can lie dormant for WAY longer than a few months in tests. You could easily have gotten bad food, nerves, reaction to something you took, etc. Don't jump the gun, just go talk to a professional and be straight forward and honest with them. I assure you, NOTHING you could tell them will shock them.
    I went. Everything was negative. Upon hearing that, 99% of my sickness disappeared, the nausea stopped entirely and the constant state of panic was gone. The doctor was a little interested in my liver, though. The doctor speculated stress was a contributing factor. Apparently, stress can really be deadly.

I just read the original post about thirty seconds ago.

GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM ASAFP!

Never mind the testing for the immediate right now. ASSUME YOU'VE BEEN INFECTED (by not having any more unprotected sex). More importantly,
    GO TO THE ER!!!!!!!!!!

There is something they can do if caught early enough. They may administer '
    Nevirapine' which is the drug they give newborns from HIV+ Moms, and many of them have been spared. There are cases where a likely infection has occurred, but subsequent HIV+ status has been entirely/permanently forestalled by early administration of Nevirapine.

GO to the EMERGENCY ROOM RIGHT AWAY, and tell them the truth, the whole truth and nothing but, because they'll be trying to save your life!

IT MIGHT NOT BE TOO LATE!

And for Christ's sake, don't resort to fucking internet discussions to get medical advice! GEESH!

ALSO, for that matter, anyone who has a condom break with someone they are not 100% SURE is healthy; they should also go to the Emergency Room ASAFP, and explain what happened. A doctor will assess the situation, and may decide to administer this drug, if it makes medical sense. Also, I have heard annecdotal reports that early administration of Interferon could block Hepatitis infections; but I don't know if this is 'in the protocol' (since I'm not a medical doctor -- I'm just some shmo online).

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

PS: The fever thing is very worrisome, I must say: It sounds like classic HIV infection.
    Last edited by BiBedBud; Sep 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM. Reason: Added bit about condom breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by TML1991 View Post
    I went. Everything was negative. Upon hearing that, 99% of my sickness disappeared, the nausea stopped entirely and the constant state of panic was gone. The doctor was a little interested in my liver, though. The doctor speculated stress was a contributing factor. Apparently, stress can really be deadly.
    OK you do not have the other STDs. You still could be HIV+ though since you had unprotected anal sex as a bottom, which is how most people get it. Not to say that it doesn't happen from being the active/insertive sex partner since it does but being the passive/bottom sexual partner for anal or vaginal sex increases your chances for HIV infection. Get tested again for HIV at 3 months, and then 6 months.

In the mean time, do not engage in any sex with anyone at all since you should assume you're HIV+ and could infect someone else, or get infected with the same strain of HIV or a new strain if you're HIV+ since you do not have safer sex.

I'm not trying to scare you or freak you out. What did your doctor say when you told him/her what happened?

BiBedbud Those post-exposure HIV drugs are useless if it's been more than 72 hours as the original poster said it was.

Ok, now I've read the whole thread, with more calmness I want to explain that it is possible this is all nothing to worry about, that your nerves are getting the best of you. Of course, if this puts you at ease and you put-off seeing medical professionals, it could actually make matters worse, because after a certain (very brief window of) time, there is no longer any option to do anything, medically speaking, that could have otherwise helped you.

Testing is not treatment.

If you explained everything up front to the medical doctor you saw; and he/she just put you at ease and told you not to worry about it too much; I might consider that malpractice, but as I've said, I'm not a medical doctor myself. Of course, if you went into your Kentucky ER and presented yourself as a straight man who somehow had concerns about his gal pal he fucked unsafely last night; the 'risk scenario' is different, and it might be reasonable to send you home without too much fuss.

On the other hand, if the guy who fucked you is in fact infected, because he's in the habit of sneaking-out 5 minutes of fucking at a time; with guys he doesn't really care a fuck about because he's actually a self-loathing homo in homophobic rural KY (oh, the irony!); well then I'd have to suggest strongly that your 'risk scenario' is actually rather severe.

Did the medical doctor you saw know you had received anal sex from a man? Were you open and honest with your doc?

If the answer to either of these questions is not a perfect 'YES' in both cases; then you should go to the Emergency Room (where doctors have more experience with emergency medicine, which isn't the speciality of most GPs).

PS: Pole_Smoker, I thought we were still in that window of 72 hours-ish; which is why I responded as quickly as I could (before reading every post as carefullly as I normally would).

Quote Originally Posted by BiBedBud View Post
    Ok, now I've read the whole thread, with more calmness I want to explain that it is possible this is all nothing to worry about, that your nerves are getting the best of you. Of course, if this puts you at ease and you put-off seeing medical professionals, it could actually make matters worse, because after a certain (very brief window of) time, there is no longer any option to do anything, medically speaking, that could have otherwise helped you.

Testing is not treatment.

If you explained everything up front to the medical doctor you saw; and he/she just put you at ease and told you not to worry about it too much; I might consider that malpractice, but as I've said, I'm not a medical doctor myself. Of course, if you went into your Kentucky ER and presented yourself as a straight man who somehow had concerns about his gal pal he fucked unsafely last night; the 'risk scenario' is different, and it might be reasonable to send you home without too much fuss.

On the other hand, if the guy who fucked you is in fact infected, because he's in the habit of sneaking-out 5 minutes of fucking at a time; with guys he doesn't really care a fuck about because he's actually a self-loathing homo in homophobic rural KY (oh, the irony!); well then I'd have to suggest strongly that your 'risk scenario' is actually rather severe.

Did the medical doctor you saw know you had received anal sex from a man? Were you open and honest with your doc?

If the answer to either of these questions is not a perfect 'YES' in both cases; then you should go to the Emergency Room (where doctors have more experience with emergency medicine, which isn't the speciality of most GPs).

PS: Pole_Smoker, I thought we were still in that window of 72 hours-ish; which is why I responded as quickly as I could (before reading every post as carefullly as I normally would).
    I told them about the type of sex it was. They said it was high risk.

So what happened? Did you ever go to a doctor? OR get tested? Or did the doctor tell you to wait and get tested again at 3 months and then 6 months?