Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: So how do you tell if a guy is bisexual?

I would go with the gaydar. It is in the eyes. Eye contact between men is different if there is more in the air.

i have had that eye contact,it maybe last a half second and it leaves me wondering.The only problem is that it seem to happen when im with my wife,hahahaha.

Just recently at the local gay bar amongst the cliques and their vapid stares I struck up a conversation with a adorable guy.He seemed so natural and well diffrent.As with many bi men ive have met he turned out to be a fantastic lover as well.I believe there is a diffrence in personality between the 100% ters and bi men and i perfer the latter

ok all joking with cody aside, and having read thru this a bit more, i'm of the opinion that ya pretty much cant tell unless the guy tells ya ...there's too many variables.. for instance, with me, i'm one of the straightest, average ugly looking guys you'll ever meet and it's only when we are in private that you will find the real me.. hey, i've been in 3 different gay bars and been asked to leave or told they didnt think this was a place for me. the only time i've ever been welcomed with open arms into a gay establishment was in anchorage alaska 2 years ago at Mad Myrna's..great place by the way if you're ever up there ...

but, yeah, unless he tells ya, i dont think you'll know..
    "To each monkey, it's own swing.." - old Latino Provberb

double earings - both L and R sides ?

BTW... please refresh me... I'm about to be single again, whats the L and R side mean.... I'm thinking of getting one, or maybe two

I wish it was so easy. in my little town there is only one gay bar and everyon eknows everyone. still I'm thinking about going there, especially for a drag night.

bi-in-wausau2

ther is no real way to know and thats the way it should be. being bisexual should not be who you are.. you may be a person that is bisexual but that is not the meat of who you are. you have to be careful in public too because I know alot of times I think a guy is giving me a flirting smile and later think was he just smiling and I wanted him to be bi/gay or was he actually bi/gay.
    your "gaydar" can be so far off because you want to rip off his pants and take him.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by twodelta View Post
    Every now and then, You can pick them up on Your gaydar. Some days I appear on peoples gaydar and some days I don't. I do wear a Bi-Pride wristband. That way, a person could feel comfortable approaching me - Dave

Pride Bracelets and Wristbands In this section you can select from items manufactured with the pride rainbow colours or with other designs of particular relevance to the lesbian.

These rainbow wristbands have all six colours of the Pride rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple with no writing on them.

These silicon wristbands are in the three bisexual colours pink, purple and blue debossed with the words 'End Bi-Phobia'.

Why do I care whether the guy is bi or gay when I'm looking for a male partner? Other members seem to care. I'd like to know why they distinguish between bi and gay. As far as finding male partners, my gaydar works about 50% of the time and is utterly useless. So I go to a gay bar and see what happens or when I'm just out just I strike up a conversation about sports or whatever and see what happens. This works well at hotel bars when I'm on business trips. Finding interested bi-couples is a far, far more difficult.

g

Quote Originally Posted by lonedogx View Post
    I would go with the gaydar. It is in the eyes. Eye contact between men is different if there is more in the air.
    I defo say its all about eye contact, not that I'm an expert or anything which i'm not...but its in the eyes, and sometimes you can tell.

Class, race, sexuality, gender and all other categories by which we categorize and dismiss each other need to be excavated from the inside.

Dorothy Allison quote.

With me I use my inutition...Plus the fact that I can "read into" peoples body language helps alot.

I used to think I had a pretty good gaydar since I'm homo myself. At least I did until a couple weeks ago. I know a lezzie couple and we have some mutual acquaintances. I was pretty sure at least one, if not both, of those acquaintances were lezzies. I would of bet money on one.

I finally asked one of the lezzies if the first one of the acquaintances was lezzie. Nope, she said, but she also said she thought she was a lezzie, too, earlier on. She said her gaydar doesn't work right all the time, either.

Was wrong on the second one, too.

As far as guys, about the closest thing I could come to is eye contact. Most hetero guys won't look deep into your eyes, or if they do they won't maintain it.

Then there was one guy I met that I'm pretty sure is homo just from the way he talked to me. He was the son of a customer of mine and came up and just starting talking to me in a manner more personal than I would think normal, asking questions like how long I'd lived in town.

His mood changed and he abruptly stopped the conversation when I told him I hadn't lived here all my life, but my wife had. Funny that I read in a gay forum years ago that's one way to tell if a guy is straight: He won't talk for more than a few minutes without referring to a wife or girlfriend. Not entirely true as I'm a married queer.

Too bad, as he was one of the rare men I've found attractive around here and there's no doubt in my mind he's homo. I keep hoping to bump into him again to try and start things over.

Thanks a lot for this question, I actually read every comment, I recently figured out I'm bi, although I'm in the closet, its hard for me to find other bi dudes on the street..one thing I did realy notice, like many of you guys, that will make you think twice if the guy is really straight or not, is the eye contact..in my experience, keeping eye contact for even just one more second then what it supost to be, and if the othe guys guy does the same, then maybe, just maybe he's in the same spot as you and is somewhat attracted to men..just be careful to not come as a creep and stare for too long, you might scare the guy, like some ovious gay men have to done to me in the past..they were just too agressive and ovious with the stare, I decided to ignore them..try giving out a more simple friendly stare for a few seconds longer rather then the I want to fuck you stare...

just a thought, anyone with some answers messege me.

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by st8actingbi View Post
    just be careful to not come as a creep and stare for too long, you might scare the guy, like some ovious gay men have to done to me in the past..they were just too agressive and ovious with the stare, I decided to ignore them..try giving out a more simple friendly stare for a few seconds longer rather then the I want to fuck you stare....
    The eye contact thing is a good one, if not the best. It does bring up the question, though, of what you do once you've made established it. What do you do after that?

I find few guys sexually attractive, but I saw one of the cutest guys ever in a drug store a few years ago. Just a gorgeous guy wearing earrings and a beaded choker. No doubt in my mind he was queer. As we passed in the aisle he made eye contact with me, and it wasn't just casual eye contact. He wanted to connect with me with his eyes.

I was stunned. I didn't hold the eye contact as long as he did- first mistake- cause I was taken aback. I was so surprised at seeing the guy I didn't know what to say or do and just kept walking after smiling at him. As I got to the checkout counter I was thinking how gorgeous the guy was and wondering what I could say to salvage the situation.

I was stumped, and just left the store thinking I blew it. That's bugged me ever since and I never saw the guy again.

Hindsight tells me I could have at least said, "hi". If I could have kept my composure I should have said something more, maybe "Love the choker", or "Love your earrings". I should think that would have removed any doubt in either of our minds about each other being queer.

But I didn't. Keeping your composure and communicating is the second part of the equation.

actually this is a good topic, cuz in my community i feel like the only bi guy, all the rest are either straight or gay; even those who call themselves bi, they've never ever had anything with women, so they're gay too :D and i'm kinda stuck
    "Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."

Quote Originally Posted by lonedogx View Post
    My gaydar is pretty good, but my bidar is terrible.

Well bi or gay means the guy is into men so I think it's the same pretty much. I can tell if a guy is interested in me by the eye contact, especially when he holds it for longer than normal. It happens to me all the time with all types of men and of different ages too. Just last weekend I caught this gorgeous young guy at my job staring at me and when I looked up at him he didn't look away. That wasn't the first time that happened with him though. The first time I noticed him was months ago and he held his gaze at me without turning away so I knew he was gay/bi/curious or something lol. He's masculine like myself so it would have been near impossible to tell any other way. After a little facebook stalking I found out he was a teenager and I'm 29 so I lost interest.

The eye contact thing happens to me all the time wherever I go by the most handsome men but I rarely ever get to talk to any of them. I'm usually so smitten by them and so surprised that I can't bring myself to say anything lol. I also judge by the body language and what they talk about. My intuition helps out a lot.

Gagger303

To identify sexual preference you must be a a good listener. People tell you what they want or like all the time in general conversations.....It is even easier than that because EVERYONE is bisexual..... preference is another thing all together.

When you break it down to the sperm and the egg, we can not procreate if one sex does not contribute. It takes a male and a female (2 sexes) to conceive a baby... No matter if it is intercourse, egg fertilization or what ever the course of action. To make 1 person it takes both sexes for that to happen. The sex of that baby is determined at the exact moment when egg and sperm meet, but it takes a while for the external organs to match the internal chromosomes.

Which sex organs develop depends on the presence of a Y chromosome and the male hormone testosterone and anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH).

At eight weeks, the internal genitalia will begin to form. If the embryo has both an X and a Y chromosome and produces the two hormones, then the testosterone will stimulate the Wolffian duct to develop male sex organs, including the vas deferens and the seminal vesicles.

If there's no Y chromosome, but two X chromosomes instead, then the embryo is female. The Wolffian duct will degrade, and the Mullerian duct will develop into female sex organs such as the uterus, fallopian tubes and part of the vagina. Rarely, the embryo will have an X and a Y chromosome, but will fail to produce testosterone or AMH; such an embryo is termed intersex, as it has both male and female sex organs.

No matter what sex the child is he and/or she will have both male and female hormones some will have more hormones of type or another. So no matter how straight you may claim you are...Science says you are are two sexes and you identify yourself with your gentilia which than makes it an argument of preference.....

My semi short version of my argument to anyone who questions my lack of gender preference and my attraction to a person who who is attracted me me...
    Have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by thelos View Post
    It's my belief that all men are gay and long for intimacy with a man. Some are just too backed up to act on it.
    See, this is something the gay community really doesn't need. Actual heterophobia.

Lesbians exist, therefore your position that it is impossible to be attracted to women is contradicted by evidence. Why would a woman face discrimination if she weren't attracted to other women? For that matter, transsexuals exist. Why would a biological male want to become female if they didn't find the female form compelling? Considering the type of lifestyle change that entails, they must have a very strong sense of envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagger303 View Post
    .....It is even easier than that because EVERYONE is bisexual.....

And this is something that bisexuals say sometimes which they should also stop saying. It's very obvious the way most people behave that they have a strong preference in one direction or another. You can debate whether that's nature or nurture. You could argue that many people who are bisexual are either unaware of it, or deliberately avoid acting on it for fear of persecution, and those things are both true. Nevertheless, there are a lot of gay people who try their damn hardest to be attracted to the opposite sex, yet can't do it. Why would someone lie about that? Most are probably being sincere.

Last edited by Vatnos; Nov 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
    See, this is something the gay community really doesn't need. Actual heterophobia.

Lesbians exist, therefore your position that it is impossible to be attracted to women is contradicted by evidence. Why would a woman face discrimination if she weren't attracted to other women? For that matter, transsexuals exist. Why would a biological male want to become female if they didn't find the female form compelling? Considering the type of lifestyle change that entails, they must have a very strong sense of envy.

And this is something that bisexuals say sometimes which they should also stop saying. It's very obvious the way most people behave that they have a strong preference in one direction or another. You can debate whether that's nature or nurture. You could argue that many people who are bisexual are either unaware of it, or deliberately avoid acting on it for fear of persecution, and those things are both true. Nevertheless, there are a lot of gay people who try their damn hardest to be attracted to the opposite sex, yet can't do it. Why would someone lie about that? Most are probably being sincere.

I agree with you. No not everyone is bisexual and if this were true society would be totally different and there would be no need for LGBT rights, fighting for the right to marry who you want even a same gendered partner, etc.