Register

Thread: Kdaddy

Thumbs down Kdaddy

havent checked in a while, hows everything going.............you up and kicking ass yet ?

Re: Kdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Jazminedress View Post
    havent checked in a while, hows everything going.............you up and kicking ass yet ?
    I've been talking to him weekly Jaz. He's been through hell that's for sure, but he'll make it. I think he finished his last treatment on Tuesday. Everything good with you?
    Last edited by DD788Snipe; Mar 3, 2024 at 4:29 AM.

I'm up; not quite kicking ass but getting my foot ready! I'm touched by your concern - thank you!

Hugs and kisses from New Hampshire! Hoping you're your old self soon.

hey oll buddy what’s going on KDaddy???

Quote Originally Posted by KDaddy23 View Post
    I'm up; not quite kicking ass but getting my foot ready! I'm touched by your concern - thank you!
    Us old guys gotta stick together.....lol

Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by DD788Snipe View Post
    I've been talking to him weekly Jaz. He's been through hell that's for sure, but he'll make it. I think he finished his last treatment on Tuesday. Everything good with you?
    Thanks.................and yes, thanks for asking

Post-treatment is about healing and addressing issues from side effects and other shit, like with my PEG tube, an upcoming visit with my ENT in a week or so - stuff like this. My two biggest issues is serious throat pain when swallowing and there's only a few things I can actually taste, like, last night I had some key lime yogurt; I could taste the tang of the Greek yogurt but not the key lime. I can't taste anything salty, I can barely taste a few sweet things and being a science nerd, this fascinates the shit out of me because it's like not being able to taste stuff when you have a bad head cold... and I don't have a bad head cold. I had soft scrambled eggs for breakfast and... I couldn't taste them but I ate them anyway and swallowed them with only a tiny bit of discomfort.

Anyone who's been through this knows what I'm about to say but for those of you who don't know, a cancer support team is a good thing and they're all about you doing the things you have to do to get cancer free and healthy again but my team doesn't seem to understand that if I can't swallow something, let alone aren't able to taste it, it makes eating difficult and despite what my nutrition team says, being fed via my PEG tube isn't helping but it's suspected now that I might have to get it replaced because it should have been before now. Sometimes, your team is like the left hand doesn't not only know what the right hand is doing, the left doesn't know there's a right hand and this can be frustrating when you, the patient and focus of their efforts, needs answers and the best answers they can give is to urge you to keep doing something you've told them isn't working or, well, sorry, but you'll just have to wait until things heal up and there's no telling when that will be... or if it's going to happen at all.

Don't get me wrong; I am in awe of my team but they do get on my last good nerve. Nothing they've done re my damaged throat has worked, like the "magic mouthwash" I was prescribed but wound up costing me $61 because my insurance doesn't cover it. It does a great job of numbing my mouth for maybe 30 minutes - but doesn't do shit about numbing my throat. I understand that at this point, it's not a race but a marathon of unknown distance and I'm in it for the long haul but, damn, don't keep insisting that I need to eat and drink when it feels like my throat is being ripped out when I do swallow and, oh, yeah, everything I put in my mouth has no taste. I keep saying to them, "You should do this so you'll know what it's like..." and they don't seem all that eager to so, yeah, don't tell me that you know what I'm going through when, in truth, you really don't because you haven't gone through it. I'm not letting them get away with this since it's my life that might still be hanging in the balance - and if you ever find yourself going through this, you shouldn't allow them to 'gaslight' you like this, either. Trust them but don't get played!

Glad to hear from you (nuzzles)

I get what you are saying, dealing with people would drive me nutty