Register

Any point to giving feedback?

Seems to me this site has been auto-pilot for some time, so is there any point to pointing out bugs/problems? Just joined a group that's discussions aren't showing and posting a discussion generates an error, but reporting to administrator is going to go where?

Re: Any point to giving feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Want2ForPlay View Post
    Seems to me this site has been auto-pilot for some time, so is there any point to pointing out bugs/problems? Just joined a group that's discussions aren't showing and posting a discussion generates an error, but reporting to administrator is going to go where?
    pretty much, but its still a forum full of good people

I talked with brian a number of months ago, they are the new site admin.

The platform the forum uses, is outdated and does need a major update to a new version but brian ran into a number of problems as a good part of the site is custom made and would be lost if the platform was updated.

SO yeah fixing things may be more problematic than they appear, specially with the custom addons, but at least the issue has been reported.
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Quote Originally Posted by Jazminedress View Post
    pretty much, but its still a forum full of good people
    True and the groups I've joined are all moribund anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    I talked with brian a number of months ago, they are the new site admin.

The platform the forum uses, is outdated and does need a major update to a new version but brian ran into a number of problems as a good part of the site is custom made and would be lost if the platform was updated.

SO yeah fixing things may be more problematic than they appear, specially with the custom addons, but at least the issue has been reported.
    I recall something about that, but rather some time ago and impression is he/they gave up and are just letting it go.

I've complained about issues, and NOTHING GETS RESOLVED.
    If it is to be, let it be with me

I once hosted a site that was free of charge to anyone. The monthly cost to me was becoming a burden and a considerable drain on my time as well. Life got more involved and I didn't have the time I used to, so it started slipping down on my priority list. As the complaints grew, I suggested getting some help with maintenance and expenses. When that was met with even more whining, I got disgusted and shut it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky 61 View Post
    I once hosted a site that was free of charge to anyone. The monthly cost to me was becoming a burden and a considerable drain on my time as well. Life got more involved and I didn't have the time I used to, so it started slipping down on my priority list. As the complaints grew, I suggested getting some help with maintenance and expenses. When that was met with even more whining, I got disgusted and shut it all down.

Been there done that.......I have owned and co owned LGBT+ sites that were funded by a trust fun I am involved in, so no direct cost to me.....sadly it was not trolls that ended up resulting in most of them being closed down, it was actually the vocal and opinionated members that were the reason, anything they disagreed with, resulted in them turning threads into war zones......and of course, putting them in time out, resulted in others claiming that it was censorship and denial of right of expression......and because it became impossible to have conversations, other members left in droves......
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky 61 View Post
    A year and a half ago, someone PM'd me asking for suggestions to help the site. I said sell advertising space, do a collaboration with other LGBT sites....After that I never got a reply. I don't know what the costs to run a site are but how does this site pay its bills?
    If it is to be, let it be with me

Quote Originally Posted by csreef View Post
    ... I don't know what the costs to run a site are but how does this site pay its bills?
    My guess is the Meet Guys, etc. links