Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What to expect at Bathhouse??

Quote Originally Posted by jb1rd900
    Does anyone know of a Bathhouse in the Baltimore or D.C. area?

The Crew Club in DC.
    http://www.crewclub.net/

BreeIsMe

Johnny I don't have anything against what you say and I have been there to and am still disease-free but take a look at your quote---you never used a condom and yet you tell others that you "always used protection" isn't that a little hypocritical???

Just a small critque

Bree

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV
    Hi folks. an olive branch-
    I usually sucked, and almost never used a condom, though I never took cum in my mouth and never did it for very long periods of time. In those 240 encounters I got:

---crabs once
    ---no other STD.

Why? Because I didn't let myself get high or drunk there, and I used protection and educated myself. Let the statistics say what they say. A little bit of info and common sense outweigh the numbers.

J

Very interesting dialogue. I'll just stick with finding a friend with benefits. I can see the attraction of a bath house and it makes a pretty hot fantasy.

All the stories about having a chance meeting with someone you find hot in a place like a bathhouse and then you get it on is definitely good fantasy material and heaven knows in one way I wish it would happen--but realistically with all of the various STDs out there--in addition to HIV/AIDS---it is really risky behavior to do something like that and you are really rolling the dice---

When I start to think of that---my little one eyed buddy goes "I'm shrinking....I'm skrinking.....I'm skrinking!!!!!"
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bathhouse....lol Well don't I feel dumb!! I am 32 year old female in Texas and I though bathhouses were something from the 70's. I had no idea that was still around. Boy you learn something new everyday....stay safe

They had been going so strong until about ten years ago - then gay.com and craigslist.org came on the scene and discreet internet dating took a lot of business away from the bathhouses. You can still find them in most bigger cities! New ones are having trouble getting off the ground though.
    "You know how Thomas Kuhn died? He heard 'paradigm shift' once too often."
    - Candace Pert, "The Body is Your Subconscious Mind"

If you are interested in viewing some hot photos, go to the site that lorcan reccomended.

There are a couple bath houses here in South Florida, but I had never been to one. I never went because I was afraid of something going too far and could end up cheating on my wife.

Recently on a solo trip to London, my wife gave me permission to include safe fun with men as part of my entertainment. Well, there were several spas and I took the opportunity to check two of them out.

The first one I visited, I was a little overwhelmed. It was more of a maze of sex rooms than a bath house. I didn't speak to a single guy other than the words "No, thank you" when a man kneeled in front of me in the steam room. I think the place had too sleazy of a vibe for me to get into it.

The second one, seemed very different. The bath areas were more prominent and the atmosphere was much more relaxing. I had several great conversations with a few different very interesting guys. I kept my sexual adventures limited to some mutual groping with a couple different guys. I did get propositioned for more from one cute british lad in particular, but I was content to have just enjoyed being there. The visit was more about satisfying a curiosity than scoring anonymous sex. It also made it easier for me to talk about the experiences when I got home to my wife.

For me--it's academic about whether to go to a bathhouse or not--for to the best of my knowledge--we don't have any around here--I think I have heard of one in Cleveland and maybe ther is one in Indianapolis--but I am not sure abolut that----anyone know of any in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana?
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by redheadhoneycat
    Bathhouse....lol Well don't I feel dumb!! I am 32 year old female in Texas and I though bathhouses were something from the 70's. I had no idea that was still around. Boy you learn something new everyday....stay safe

I don't imagine there are many bathhouses in your small town. But I hear the Crew Club here in DC stays pretty busy. Maybe one day I will get up the courage to try it or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by jb1rd900
    Does anyone know of a Bathhouse in the Baltimore or D.C. area?

I hear the Crew Club here in DC stays pretty busy. Maybe one day I will get up the courage to try it or maybe not.

Read my site Bathhouse Blues to tell you everything you wanted to know about the baths, but were afraid to ask

http://www.bathhouseblues.com

Any questions, just drop me a line. Hope this site helps.

I live in a small, rural town where the local cruising spot used to be a boat dock out at the lake. If the bathhouses are anything like small town cruising areas, then the possibilities of hooking up online have all but wiped them out. These days, it seems like the only people who still cruise out at the lake are men too old to be comfortable making the switch to grindr or Craig's List. It's certainly a much "Older," married and typically closeted crowd, and I have little patience these days for the paranoid closeted crowd, who act scared to even throw up a hand and speak when they see you in Walmart. I always say that there's a big difference between being discreet and being covert. This is not a top secret military operation, and I'm not going to self destruct in five...four...three...two...

I went to one on the north side of Chicago several times circa 1980/83. The first time I was there I'd say there was about a dozen guys there, maybe more. I was in the pool and a couple other guys were sucking each other on a poolside bench. I still remember it because they were really good looking. Big, mid 30s, nice cocks too. They'd switch off. One would lie back and the other would suck him for a while. Then they'd switch off. After a while they got up and went in to a private room. I was nervous, a little unsure of myself. I went and sat at a table by myself. Soon I heard a pleasant voice, "Hey, come over here and sit down." When I did he said, "Loosen up, man. Talk to me". His name was George, a black guy about 10 years older than me. He had a soothing voice and it made me relax. Cut to the chase: First we showered and washed each other, then went to a private room. We sucked each other some but spent most of our time together cuddling and playing with each other's cock and balls. We both got off but I was too afraid of STDs to really let go. We met there a few more times. I often wish I could have got to know him better. He was a nice guy
    "

There are several bathhouses in Vancouver and at least a couple are upscale and highly rated. That being said, there have been some outbreaks of STDs. It is for that reason and for fear of HIV, that I would never to a bathhouse to pickup a guy for sex, other than for completely relatively safe activities like JO or enjoying a sauna etc. I have been to one, but it is the type of place I would go to for sex with somebody I have met elsewhere, as I can't host. I have no problem going to these places, but would be careful who and what I did there.

A few years back I got the idea to drive to Long Beach Ca. Enjoy a nice Saturday afternoon with the top down and maybe have a cool beer at an outdoor bar overlooking the beach. Turns out the city was hosting their Gay Pride parade. All the streets were blocked and there was tons of traffic so I decided to drive to San Pedro (a nearby city). I had to drive through Willington…a city between LBCH and San Pedro. When I remembered there was bath house.
    WOW is all I can say…imagine about 200 to 300 naked men of various sizes, shapes, races and ages all naked and all either fucking or sucking each other – when I got there only 4 locks (for lockers) were left available. The place has two outdoor patios and 3 floors for play space if you counted the outdoor patio on the roof. They had a basement and a dark room. Something was going on in every corner of the place. It was an amazing thing just to be a spectator…everywhere walking down the halls on the stairs to different floors men were having sex…on the wooden deck outside was a group of at least 30 to 40 men were on towels laid down on the wooden deck having sex. It was just unimaginable!
    The showers are just an open hall way really… I was showering and before I knew it two Asian men were sucking my cock like they’d been deprived of sex for months. It was an unforgettable chance visit.
    Oh btw…as far as women were concerned…there were a few TS/TVs playing and walking around, I didn’t inspect everyone of then to see if they really were packing cocks but there were a few who clearly did…the others could have been women I imagine, a few were very attractive.
    I’m not sure what protocol was or is at bath houses…but if you visit a bath house in any city…I’d recommend a visit the day the city (or a nearby city) hosts a gay pride parade…you won’t be sorry. Just watching is enough.

Lots of unprotected sex with random strangers, HIV, syphilis, herpes, HPV, various other STDs, drug use, sleazy guys who just want to have casual sex, and of course everyone will claim they're "DDF".