Register

View Poll Results: What are you going to put in your next census?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heterosexual

8 13.79%
  • Homosexual (Gay/Lesbian)

1 1.72%
  • Bisexual (Hetero/homoflexible, mostly hetero/homosexual)

42 72.41%
  • Pansexual

2 3.45%
  • Other (I'll tell you in the comments)

5 8.62%

Census Sexuality

Not all countries have a sexuality question in their censuses, but for those who do, what are you going to put next time?

There's far more sexualities than options allowed so for the purpose of this poll, I have grouped a few, no offense intended.

Didn't add enough options
    Last edited by zbi73; Mar 3, 2020 at 2:07 AM.

Re: Census Sexuality

its really not the goverments business who you sleep with

kinda of expecting a blow out in this thread...I bet 65% over on Bisexuality.

monaohio has a good point. that information is personal to him & me too. on the other hand 1 of the purposes of a census is to know how to serve population the best. the government can't serve the gay, bi etc. community that good if it doesn't know how many there are.

Quote Originally Posted by dan.woodlawn View Post
    kinda of expecting a blow out in this thread...I bet 65% over on Bisexuality.
    It is a unfair poll, if was a poll on a regular sexual forum and not a bisexual site where 99.9% of the people on this is bisexual, would it then be more accurate. I tried to do this poll in literotica forum in a general sexual forum and only gotten very few replies, it pretty much went strait to the bottom! Someone else posting one may get better results!

I don't trust the current administration. so I am not going to answer

Who I have sex with is not the Governments business and I am not a fan of identity politics. I am also married, closeted bi so I will be selecting heterosexual.

Cannot blame anyone for not trusting the government.
    The FBI used US census data to generate their Administrative Detention Index,
    which was used to round up Japanese Americans during WW2.

I live 8 miles from several large former detention / concentration camps.
    I like to remind the census person of this fact.

Despite all this, I WILL identify myself as bisexual.
    I am openly bi, living in a liberal state.

Sexuality on a government census sounds like a pogrom in the making.

None of the Federal Government's business. Is a sexuality question even on the census? If it is it shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    monaohio has a good point. that information is personal to him & me too. on the other hand 1 of the purposes of a census is to know how to serve population the best. the government can't serve the gay, bi etc. community that good if it doesn't know how many there are.
    That assumes that the present government wants to serve the lgbt community.
    I wonder how long it will be before we find out the census data about each and everyone has been hacked?
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by nu2curious View Post
    None of the Federal Government's business. Is a sexuality question even on the census? If it is it shouldn't be.
    It used to be on the NZ one and is making a comeback in 2023, hence asking the question. Interesting reading everyone's opinions and comments too.

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    Good point. I can see why people would keep quiet under the US current administration regardless if Trump says he's an "ally". Little different in our small corner of the world. This question is making a comeback over here but I think it'll take awhile before people will answer it truthfully and some may not choose to answer it at all.

zbi73, you live in NZ so you will understand this more than most.... the majority of the funding goes to auckland who give it out to other regions and auckland looks after auckland first......

I would just answer * perfer not to answer * and its honestly cos I perfer not to answer.... it can be argued that it can affect stats and funding which I agree with.... but where I live, I have watched every LGBT group implode, there is no LGBT support group and the LGBT FB group is dead, there is nothing to fund... I did offer to provide funding for an LGBT support group but it was made clear that any funding was to go out of the area and then the local LGBT support group would have to apply for it and prove it was needed......

the final straw for me was the auckland pride parade issues and I have been told that there is now opposition to wellington pride parade being funded.......the LGBT community have shown that they can not fund it themselves and I will not fund anymore LGBT groups or projects...... even the family bar in chch, the last remaining cruise bar, is now imploding and while I have talked about owning another LGBT bar ( with friends ) no thanks its not worth the drama
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    zbi73, you live in NZ so you will understand this more than most.... the majority of the funding goes to auckland who give it out to other regions and auckland looks after auckland first......

I would just answer * perfer not to answer * and its honestly cos I perfer not to answer.... it can be argued that it can affect stats and funding which I agree with.... but where I live, I have watched every LGBT group implode, there is no LGBT support group and the LGBT FB group is dead, there is nothing to fund... I did offer to provide funding for an LGBT support group but it was made clear that any funding was to go out of the area and then the local LGBT support group would have to apply for it and prove it was needed......

the final straw for me was the auckland pride parade issues and I have been told that there is now opposition to wellington pride parade being funded.......the LGBT community have shown that they can not fund it themselves and I will not fund anymore LGBT groups or projects...... even the family bar in chch, the last remaining cruise bar, is now imploding and while I have talked about owning another LGBT bar ( with friends ) no thanks its not worth the drama
    Typical NZ, too much bureaucratic crap and red tape and by the time the money gets where it's need, it's a fraction of what was donated.

Took the census last year and there were no questions about sexual orientation on it. A bit off topic but correct me if I'm wrong.....in the U.S. you are required to identify racially, when registering to vote, am I right?

the question is there but 1 of the choices is "other" which can mean not gonna answer i guess

Quote Originally Posted by stonebow View Post
    Took the census last year and there were no questions about sexual orientation on it. A bit off topic but correct me if I'm wrong.....in the U.S. you are required to identify racially, when registering to vote, am I right?
    No, you are not. Maybe that's an option somewhere (voting laws differ), but the idea that you would be required to identify by race is ridiculous.

i got my census in the mail and did it on line and the question about your sexuality was not even on there

Quote Originally Posted by biwmtrucker44 View Post
    I don't trust the current administration. so I am not going to answer
    Neither do I. Though, I wouldn't answer it anyway regardless of the administration. I never find the 'heteroflexible' option in any census.😔

No answer....none of their fucking business...

Quote Originally Posted by xdoorb View Post
    No, you are not. Maybe that's an option somewhere (voting laws differ), but the idea that you would be required to identify by race is ridiculous.
    Yes, ridiculous indeed. Perhaps my misapprehension was due to something in the news from a while back....a lady...a journalist I believe.... falsely identified as black when she was in fact, white. She said she 'felt' African American and that's why she gave that as her race when asked. There was quite an uproar over it, at the time.