Register

Lightbulb Question: How do you meet other local bisexuals?

For me, this has always been a problem. After all, there are no bisexual bars and there's no bidar equivalent of gaydar. I'm not much into bars anyway and Adult Book Stores seem like an easy place to catch a disease. Although I have a personal ad at this site, I've never gotten as much as a nibble. I started with Adult Friend Finder and had some success. Then tried CraigsList, which still use occasionally. For a while, I was even in a bisexual group at the local LGBT center although that turned into a therapy group and I couldn't handle all the psychodrama. I've met a number of men over the years, some for a one time and others for a period of time. But it seems like when you get older, all you find online are married men on the down low. No conversation and they are seldom interested in anything other than a quick suck.

So I would be interested in hearing how you go about meeting other bisexuals, for sex or whatever. And what have been your experiences?

Re: Question: How do you meet other local bisexuals?

I was on Adult Friend Finder for a while. Then they got hacked ... again. I wasn't quite to the point of meeting someone so I deleted the account.

It's tough. I've tried craigslist, and find it to be a sewer filled with fakes & flakes. I also have profiles on FetLife, SilverDaddies, SwingLifeStyle, Squirt and Garter Guy, where most of those whom I come into contact with are able to rub a couple of nouns together and come up with some kind of a reply. And I've exchanged messages with several guys on this site. Met one once, but nothing came of it.

I'm a very 'communicative' guy and welcome the opportunity to exchange messages and share experiences I've had as a swinger and a bisexual, as a way of getting to know another guy or gurl before meeting and eventual play. I wind up doing all the heavy lifting though, writing emails that titillate, and receive little in return. I write complete profiles, with accurate descriptions of myself, what I like to do and include pictures. I get a lot of eager responses, based on these things, but when it comes to any depth, there is virtually none. Guys who profess to love my profile, pictures and video often have virtually blank profiles, and maybe one picture of themselves holding a camera sideways, etc. It's pathetic. One guy was all hot to meet me recently. His profile, aside from basic 'stats' said, in total: 'Looking forward to the next great adventure.' (although he probably didn't capitalize the first word and spelled a couple of the other ones wrong) Sheesh...

Sometimes, I write back, politely. 'You've read my profile, which tells you nearly everything you'd want to know about me, seen my pictures, maybe watched my videos, and I know virtually nothing about you. Please take a few minutes to describe yourself, what you enjoy doing, etc. Sell yourself a little!' And they get pissed at me or I never hear from them again. These guys expect me to invite them into my home --- "Can't host!!", they say -- and have sex with them when I know absolutely nothing about 'em? Ain't happening.

Sometimes a chat or exchange of emails/private messages appears to be giving us both a level of comfort, and we arrange a face-to-face meeting at a coffee shop. Most of the time, I'm the only one who shows up. But it's their loss, not mine. If you like what I'm into, you're going to enjoy playing with me. I don't make stuff up, and you'll find me to be exactly the way I describe myself via email.
    Last edited by SilkyHoseLover; Apr 11, 2017 at 2:42 PM.

Hmmm, how would I meet other local Bisexuals??? ....

1) I would go to the Personal Ads button on top of this page...

2) Join a local LgBt center....Maybe they have a Bisexual support group ( code for target rich environment.)

3) Start going to local "Pride Parades " ...wear a Bisexual Pride button & see what happens...
    Last edited by csreef; Apr 11, 2017 at 5:40 PM.

#1 doesnt work for me, noone from my area. actually there might be but the search function doesn't really work. #2 might work depending but i don't know of any places like that by me that aren't at collges. but i do like #3. very simple but the people who should see it will see it & respond to it. then who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by csreef View Post
    Hmmm, how would I meet other local Bisexuals??? ....

1) I would go to the Personal Ads button on top of this page...

2) Join a local LgBt center....Maybe they have a Bisexual support group ( code for target rich environment.)

3) Start going to local "Pride Parades " ...wear a Bisexual Pride button & see what happens...

The easiest way to find someone, male or female, is just Not to Look. When you aren't looking, that when you just bump into someone , your eyes meet, and the rest is sweet history.

Met some on Craig's List, some on Silver Daddies, but most of the time, I meet guys from Squirt. Also visit rest stops and parks in my area.

Craigslist and silverdaddies has worked for me in the past. Craigslist doesn't lend itself to much more than quickies these days although my last long-term guy was from craigslist. I think you just have to be upfront about what you're looking for. If it's a regular thing with just one guy, say that or look for ads from guys looking for that. If you're looking for a quickie, one-time thing then say that.

Also, I know the thread is "How do you meet other local bisexuals", but don't exclude gay guys who are looking for the same thing you are.

You may want to attend a church service at a Unitarian Church. Here you will find a congregation that is very accepting of the Lgbt community. (This is from my own experiences...Mileage may vary.)

You have to keep trying. The problem with being BI (speaking for myself) is coming out is even harder than if you were gay! Many are married and are as you say, on the down low.

I'd keep going with the ads. Also, underground type newpapers - usually free on the corner. And do you like in a large town? That helps a lot.

The approach is the key. Offer to meet for lunch of coffee, don't be judgemental. It's all the same in the bedroom.

Keep trying. He's out there.

no offense against gay guys & maybe i might actually have a great nite with 1. i'm not ruling them out. but i think i'd rather be with a bi guy, it's kinda important for any guy i'd be with to understand, girls are hot. a gay guy might not understand where i'm coming from completely. liking girls is a big part of who i am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher South View Post
    Craigslist and silverdaddies has worked for me in the past. Craigslist doesn't lend itself to much more than quickies these days although my last long-term guy was from craigslist. I think you just have to be upfront about what you're looking for. If it's a regular thing with just one guy, say that or look for ads from guys looking for that. If you're looking for a quickie, one-time thing then say that.

Also, I know the thread is "How do you meet other local bisexuals", but don't exclude gay guys who are looking for the same thing you are.

I haven't had much luck with gay guys either. These days, it seems like labeling yourself as gay also means adopting a culture--certain attitudes, ways to dress, and assumptions. Not that any of that is bad, but for most of us bisexuals, being around gay males is like being strangers in a strange land.

I don't understand why you are specifically looking for bi men unless you are looking with a female partner. In bed with another guy regardless of what you are doing its gay sex. If you find a guy you are attracted to and he shares that interest what difference does his defined sexuality make. Most of the men I connect with are gay. Given that there has yet to be a woman involved it hasn't created any issues.
    I've found more issues and sexual baggage with bi men honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcher29 View Post
    I haven't had much luck with gay guys either. These days, it seems like labeling yourself as gay also means adopting a culture--certain attitudes, ways to dress, and assumptions. Not that any of that is bad, but for most of us bisexuals, being around gay males is like being strangers in a strange land.
    I think if you're looking for something more outside the bedroom then I tend to agree with you. But inside the bedroom I haven't seen much difference. Half the guys I have been with were gay, the other half bi and the only difference I've seen in the bedroom is (a) gay guys seem more experienced and (b) bi guys tend to be more bottoms than tops.

The easiest way to find someone, male or female, is just Not to Look. When you aren't looking, that when you just bump into someone , your eyes meet, and the rest is sweet history.
    That's what I always say. It's just luck and being at the right place at the right time.

Squirt.org and SilverDaddies.com ....both have search for your local area and Squirt shows the cruising spots, too.

I know I said something like this in an above post, but why don't you wear a Bisexual Pride button on your coat or shirt when you are out in public; and if someone notices, they are probably Bi . . . Good luck

Not sure i'd know a bi pride button if it bit me on the ..... : ) Assume that is the male female symbols conjoined somehow. Can anyone post a pic of a sign recognizable but less known?

probably just the colors would do, pink, purple, blue

Why don't you do this: Why don't you ask someone you know who is Gay, and ask if they know any of their friends are Bisexual, and could they introduce you to them.

Who knows, you may get more than you bargained for.

Why don't you do this: Why don't you ask someone you know who is Gay, and ask if they know any of their friends are Bisexual, and could they introduce you to them.

Who knows, you may get more than you bargained for.
    ru saying it could be more than 1 person?????

ty will look for these now.

Meetup.com has interests, go create a profile, select Bisexual (and it's variations) and look at the groups in your area.

I also look for these get together's when I travel. Met some really great people that way.

We have a pretty good group a bit south of me, CenterBi, with social, discussion/support gatherings on a regular basis. Up near me it's a little more sparse, so I have been suggesting monthly happy hours to the group (as well as on FetLife) and it's starting to be a set of regulars getting together.

Find a community, or create one - you will find there are lots of others waiting for someone to start something, just like you.

Al

Angry Re: Question: How do you meet other local bisexuals?

Quote Originally Posted by silkyhoselover View Post
    It's tough. I've tried craigslist, and find it to be a sewer filled with fakes & flakes. I also have profiles on FetLife, SilverDaddies, SwingLifeStyle, Squirt and Garter Guy, where most of those whom I come into contact with are able to rub a couple of nouns together and come up with some kind of a reply. And I've exchanged messages with several guys on this site. Met one once, but nothing came of it.

I'm a very 'communicative' guy and welcome the opportunity to exchange messages and share experiences I've had as a swinger and a bisexual, as a way of getting to know another guy or gurl before meeting and eventual play. I wind up doing all the heavy lifting though, writing emails that titillate, and receive little in return. I write complete profiles, with accurate descriptions of myself, what I like to do and include pictures. I get a lot of eager responses, based on these things, but when it comes to any depth, there is virtually none. Guys who profess to love my profile, pictures and video often have virtually blank profiles, and maybe one picture of themselves holding a camera sideways, etc. It's pathetic. One guy was all hot to meet me recently. His profile, aside from basic 'stats' said, in total: 'Looking forward to the next great adventure.' (although he probably didn't capitalize the first word and spelled a couple of the other ones wrong) Sheesh...

Sometimes, I write back, politely. 'You've read my profile, which tells you nearly everything you'd want to know about me, seen my pictures, maybe watched my videos, and I know virtually nothing about you. Please take a few minutes to describe yourself, what you enjoy doing, etc. Sell yourself a little!' And they get pissed at me or I never hear from them again. These guys expect me to invite them into my home --- "Can't host!!", they say -- and have sex with them when I know absolutely nothing about 'em? Ain't happening.

Sometimes a chat or exchange of emails/private messages appears to be giving us both a level of comfort, and we arrange a face-to-face meeting at a coffee shop. Most of the time, I'm the only one who shows up. But it's their loss, not mine. If you like what I'm into, you're going to enjoy playing with me. I don't make stuff up, and you'll find me to be exactly the way I describe myself via email.
    I have had the same experiences as you describe. I share openly and honestly about who I am and what I want, and state that I am not interested in a short term/blow and go experience... but when the sexual part is over, they run to the next quick encounter. I understand that there is a let down after you cum, but doesn't anyone want to have a relationship, even as friends after the sex is done?

I would prefer to find another bi guy that is a lot like myself (see profile) that could understand where I am coming from, but I am not opposed to finding a gay guy or even a trans, or even a woman that could be a FWB. I like differences in people and learning about someone that has a different perspective on things, but is rational and can accept my differences as well is what I want.

To me, even if the sex part was great, if there is not some connection then it seams pretty meaningless.

I am a good person with a lot of good qualities, I am not perfect. Once I thought I was wrong, and found out later that I was right, so that proves it...

Creating a Bisexual Support Group in your area would be a great thing to do....It would offer support to people who are unsure of their sexuality, plus the chance to meet some great people.

Quote Originally Posted by CurEUs_Male View Post
    Meetup.com has interests, go create a profile, select Bisexual (and it's variations) and look at the groups in your area.

I also look for these get together's when I travel. Met some really great people that way.

We have a pretty good group a bit south of me, CenterBi, with social, discussion/support gatherings on a regular basis. Up near me it's a little more sparse, so I have been suggesting monthly happy hours to the group (as well as on FetLife) and it's starting to be a set of regulars getting together.

Find a community, or create one - you will find there are lots of others waiting for someone to start something, just like you.

Al

i can only think of Craigslist where bi curious men don't answer or they waste your time. its bollocks to be frank
    I pleasured my prostate in the manner you suggested the other night and produced a very good load. I had plenty of pre cum dribbling down my meatus prior to ejaculation!
    very good

Craig's list is the biggest waste of time. Nothing but a bunch of pic collectors and liars!

Also when you have an ad on Craigslist, you hide behind the anonymity of the internet...