Register

Muslim and bisexual

I'm a bisexual Muslim male. Conservative on the outside, but pretty liberal and adventurous when it comes to sex. I feel like I'm an oxymoron because my religion and cultural values are important to me, but I can't ignore my bisexuality. I tried that once & now I'm going through a pretty nasty divorce. Ultimately, I want to get remarried to a woman (preferably also Muslim), but I almost feel like unless she also happens to be bisexual, she would just freak out when I come out to her. I was just wondering if there are other men or women on here who are going through something similar. How do you stay monogamous in a relationship where you're not allowed to explore that other side of your sexuality?

Re: Muslim and bisexual

i don't speak from experiance but if u love the right person u sacrifice for them

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    i don't speak from experiance but if u love the right person u sacrifice for them
    I'm pretty sure most bisexual people on this website aren't just going to completely ignore one side of them and think that it will just go away just because they love someone.

i didn't mean to say u should ignore or deny who u are, in fact u gotta accept urself sometimes that's real hard. the other person's gotta accept things too. if the relationship is gonna be real. i think a bisexual women would be a good choice she would understand this. but u can still be monogomous, that's the sacrifice. or u can have an open marriage it's difficult but some couples choose that & it works for them. whatever u choose & whatever sexuality u are it's allways a challenge & it's allways a sacrifice for everyone involved.

sysper is correct here, if you love your wife you will control your base desires. if you knew you were bi when you got married and did it anyway without informing her you're wrong. it is possible to stay faithful and still be bisexual, it's called self-control, exercise it.

in your next relationship, be honest from the get-go, if she balks, she isn't for you.

First, I don't think this is really a Muslim thing, In fact, I thought that in many Muslim countries there is a tacit acceptance of male sex. Regardless, you can only be honest, from the start. I don't think a woman needs to be bi herself to be accepting of a bi-man if she feels loved and supported by him.

Bisexual men and women have the highest rate of thoughts of suicide and depression of all sexualities (I believe this has been reported in the San Francisco Human Rights report a few years ago).

I recall a heterosexual woman married to a bisexual man post that if the woman loves her guy that she will want him to be happy. Having sex with another man is something that she can not provide him. If it makes him fullfilled then she accepted his needs were valid and better than him suppressing himself to the point of depression and suicide.

I recall that Turkey had the most liberal Muslim approaches to sexuality up until a few years ago. Looking at the Turkish Pride parade reaction by the government says no most Muslim countries seem to have a negative approach to bisexuality to the point of execution in some Muslim countries.

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    Bisexual men and women have the highest rate of thoughts of suicide and depression of all sexualities (I believe this has been reported in the San Francisco Human Rights report a few years ago).

I recall a heterosexual woman married to a bisexual man post that if the woman loves her guy that she will want him to be happy. Having sex with another man is something that she can not provide him. If it makes him fullfilled then she accepted his needs were valid and better than him suppressing himself to the point of depression and suicide.

I recall that Turkey had the most liberal Muslim approaches to sexuality up until a few years ago. Looking at the Turkish Pride parade reaction by the government says no most Muslim countries seem to have a negative approach to bisexuality to the point of execution in some Muslim countries.
    Forget suicide.

If you are muslim and bisexual or gay you run the risk of honor killings from your family, friends, peers, etc. and yes they do happen in the Western world too, and even so called 'moderate' Muslims and Muslim immigrants who have been in the Western world for generations have done this.