Register

Question Desires running wild

I have always been straight meaning I dated guys. I am a female. But when I was little I kissed one or two girls and I thought it would go away. About six months ago, I completely slept with a woman and it felt great and I want more. But I am afraid of my compounded desires and afraid of what others might think. I am from a culture that are very traditional. But that's nothte thing that bothers me the most. It is my desires to be with another woman and I dont know how to find her. I dont go to gay clubs or bars or anything. and i hate to post thing online. What should I do?

Re: Desires running wild

Minnie,

If you feel that you want another woman, then go find another woman.

Perhaps you could go with the same woman you slept with.

All my experiences with guys have been with the same guy.

I'm looking for others, and we get on, and he's there if I want him.

Let other people be traditional, and you can always go back to being traditional once you've found what you really want.

HuwJones

It is a tough thing to meet people of the same sex, especially if you aren't into the bar scene or online ads. Perhaps you might consider investigating local LGBT groups, support groups, social groups. Perhaps you're interested in sports, there might be lesbian/bi women's recreation leagues. Or, if that sort of exposure is a bit too much, if your town has a queer "area", then just go for coffee, bring a book, go to the bookstore and just be in the space. It might take some time to get comfortable, but I hope you do.
    Good Luck!
    jon

Jon,
    WOW great suggestions!
    I like the "Gay area" one.
    I am nto a bar person. It is hard to see what a great person I am at a bar because I am a bit shy and quiet in large groups.
    But, I never thoguht of hitting the local "Gay Hangouts".
    Now, next mission, how do I find them?
    LOL
    RC
    http://www.phillynorml.org/
    Legalize it now!

Cool Re: Desires running wild

M-
    Maybe you should make an ad, not so much to hook-up but just to find freinds in the area to help you through it.
    I have found some freinds online that have helped me a lot in comming-out and confirming my sexuality. Until 2 years ago, I was married to a man and part of a big christian family. Very traditional. When I left him,(For other reasons), I started to remember myself before I was married. I was kinda dating this girl in college, and had similar experiences when I was growing-up.
    I got involved in some local groups of inteest, and then found a chat group on IRC (Internet relay chat). There, I met my first real Girlfreaind, who is also Bisexual. She was kind and understanding, and helped me deal with all the troubles one goes through in figuring -out who we are. Having this realtionship helped me answer the questions in my head like"AM I gay? Am I straight? Am I Bi?" I found out quick with her, and hopefully you can find someone that great. I am not saying the internet is the answer, I am saying in long winded way, you will never know unless you try. When I figure out how to deal with the backlash of comming out, I will tell you
    I have only come out to a few people, and am not lookgin forward to having the "Talk" with my parents or other family members.
    Good Luck, and If you ever need someone to chat with, Message me
    -RC
    http://www.phillynorml.org/
    Legalize it now!

I came across this site recently: http://www.olivia.com

Obviously I don’t have any first hand experience with this tour operator. But, a few years ago my wife and I were in a similar situation to yourself. We wanted to have sex with other people (together) but just could not seem to get into the on line hook up game. We did not know anything about swing clubs and we just could not see ourselves trying to pick up singles or couples in a bar. So, we decided to vacation at a swingers resort.

It worked out well. We did not have the pressures of everyday life, to distract us, and we were able to take our time and get to know a few people before deciding to take the plunge with a couple that we got along well with. If we had decided not to participate we still would have had a nice vacation and met some nice people (and learned a lot) along the way.

i know it's been years, u might not even be on here anymore. whatever happened? im' sorry u didn't feel comfortable in ur culture enough to explore ur sexuality. if i even need to say it, ur desires are healthy & a part of who u are. u liked being with a women & there's no good reason u shouldn't like it. hope u found more opportunities to explore with the right women over the years, if that's what u wanted. please, let us know. this is a supportive website!
    Quote Originally Posted by minnie4400 View Post
    I have always been straight meaning I dated guys. I am a female. But when I was little I kissed one or two girls and I thought it would go away. About six months ago, I completely slept with a woman and it felt great and I want more. But I am afraid of my compounded desires and afraid of what others might think. I am from a culture that are very traditional. But that's nothte thing that bothers me the most. It is my desires to be with another woman and I dont know how to find her. I dont go to gay clubs or bars or anything. and i hate to post thing online. What should I do?

This lady was only on here the day she joined back in 2005---made the post and never came back.

I do hope that she was able to find a way into being with other women since that is what she wanted.

yeah i don't really know why i responded, kinda felt moved to do it hoping she's ok.