Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swing-Bi.com

Swing-Bi.com

Just an FYI, folks... I've set up a basic forum at http://Swing-Bi.com for Bisexual Lifestylers. It's brand new and still under construction. After seeing that Drew has apparently died and left Bisexual.com adrift without administration, I thought it would be cool to set up an alternative.

I don't have a chat function installed yet, but I'd like for anyone who is interested to check it out, kick the tires, and give me some feedback. Let me know what works, what doesn't work, and what you'd like to see.

Re: Swing-Bi.com

It works!

This is the default web page for this server.
    The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

This is what I get when I click on swing-bi.com

Sorry, I was still doing some firewall configs. Try it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boats View Post
    It works!

This is the default web page for this server.
    The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

This is what I get when I click on swing-bi.com

Woops!

Hold off folks. The email function isn't working so you can't register yet. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Sorry for the premature announcement!

Unofficial Community Leader

I've looked at it; looks promising.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

I think I'm gonna like it. It has a common user interface with several other sites - tried and proven. Looking forward to the fun.

OK, everyone, I think I've figured out the email issue. Go ahead and see what you think. Let me know if you find issues. I built this thing yesterday, so it's definitely still going to need some tweaking, but let's give it a test run.

Who's gonna be the first user?

me!!!! me!!!!

Unofficial Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Nauti Rogue View Post
    OK, everyone, I think I've figured out the email issue. Go ahead and see what you think. Let me know if you find issues. I built this thing yesterday, so it's definitely still going to need some tweaking, but let's give it a test run.
    can we keep our current usernames?
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

As long as no one registers with your username before you do, you can absolutely register on Swing-Bi.com with the same username you use here. Just don't expect any carry-over of posts or content. Swing-Bi.com and Bisexual.com are two totally separate and un-related sites that don't share any connection at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    can we keep our current usernames?

Sorry, Sysper. Our first registered user was ChicagoM.

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    me!!!! me!!!!

at least i'm in

Hope to see it take off good. I already registered. One thing I like to see added is to make a zip a required field so a good member search of a mile radius of a zip code could b used to locate near members.

Looks good so far. Works on my tablet. Got to find a smaller avitar file. Nothing that small on the tab.

Done, BikurinPA! Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by bikurinpa View Post
    Hope to see it take off good. I already registered. One thing I like to see added is to make a zip a required field so a good member search of a mile radius of a zip code could b used to locate near members.

I'm number 1........yay!!!!

registered got the email hope we have lots of members

Tried to update my profile to ad a zip. Found no way to do. Nor a search. I am sure a search will come after get more members

No option to register as a bi couple?

Click on your username in the top right corner of the forum window. Select User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab. From there, you can edit all of your profile information.

Tried to update my profile to ad a zip. Found no way to do. Nor a search. I am sure a search will come after get more members

I'll see what I can do with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by wondering56231 View Post
    No option to register as a bi couple?

works pretty good for a new site

http://Swing-Bi.com now has functional (I think) free chat. Please cruise on over, kick the tires, and check it out!

I was able to log in! But no one else in room yet

Yeah, the catch-22 of providing a chat function is that people actually have to log in and use it.

It seems that a site with a free chat function is of priority around here. http://Swing-Bi.com has been built to your specs! Cum on over and check it out!

I was able to log in! But no one else in room yet

I am sure it will grow. It just started, will take a while for word to get around about a new site. I am only giving the link for the site to serious bi people only and not to ones who just in these sites to B/S and play games with people.

Yeah, the catch-22 of providing a chat function is that people actually have to log in and use it.

It seems that a site with a free chat function is of priority around here. http://Swing-Bi.com has been built to your specs! Cum on over and check it out!

We registered but I doubt we will ever log in. It isn't a secure site for registration or log in. Had we know that we would not have registered. Luckily our security software notified us.
    Treat her like a thoroughbred and you will never have a nag.

What do you mean that it's not secure? Was it Norton? Ironically, as the Admin of the site, my Norton gave me a Safe Surfing warning this afternoon, too. I started trying to research how to request a review from Norton because there is nothing that should be causing that warning except for the fact that it's an adult site. Regardless, as I researched, I noticed that Norton was now proclaiming the site to be safe. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Norton.JPG 
Views:	984 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	40089

Regardless, I hope you give us another try. I'm very sincerely, just a bi nerd hosting the site from a server in my basement.

If anyone else receives notices regarding the site being unsafe, please let me know so I can resolve any issue that there may be!

Quote Originally Posted by welickit View Post
    We registered but I doubt we will ever log in. It isn't a secure site for registration or log in. Had we know that we would not have registered. Luckily our security software notified us.
    Last edited by Nauti Rogue; Dec 16, 2015 at 9:25 PM.

What do you mean that it's not secure? Was it Norton? Ironically, as the Admin of the site, my Norton gave me a Safe Surfing warning this afternoon, too. I started trying to research how to request a review from Norton because there is nothing that should be causing that warning except for the fact that it's an adult site. Regardless, as I researched, I noticed that Norton was now proclaiming the site to be safe. I'm not sure what's up with that.
    !
    I think the simplest explanation is the it is not encrypted communication between the site and the users. (it's HTTP, not HTTPS). So someone could eavesdrop if they had the skills. BTW, this site has the same vulnerability.

Since it is running apache 2 on Ubuntu, you can turn on SSL (you might have to install OpenSSL), and secure the site. You'd need to put a redirect from the HTTP page root (port 80), to the HTTPS root (port 443) to make it automagic.