Register

What does WB mean?

A couple of times when I went into the chat room, immediately one of the participants posts WB.
    Can any of you better experienced persons than me, advise what WB means.
    Each time that appears I am ignored.
    I know I am young but I am also responsible, sufficiently mature, trustworthy, and do not wish to offend anyone. All I am seeking is a good chat with like minded persons.
    I am beginning to feel rather frustrated by this.
    A massive thank you to anyone who can advise me.

Re: What does WB mean?

Quote Originally Posted by young&ready View Post
    A couple of times when I went into the chat room, immediately one of the participants posts WB.
    Can any of you better experienced persons than me, advise what WB means.
    Each time that appears I am ignored.
    I know I am young but I am also responsible, sufficiently mature, trustworthy, and do not wish to offend anyone. All I am seeking is a good chat with like minded persons.
    I am beginning to feel rather frustrated by this.
    A massive thank you to anyone who can advise me.
    In chat WB = welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by grayhound View Post
    In chat WB = welcome back
    Grayhound! Thank you so much for that explanation. I really appreciate it. I was beginning to think that I was "not welcome". You have set a young man's mind at ease.

i got a similar question...on some rooms that have messages like this, folks often reply with "crumbs"...anyone know what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by NakedInSeattle View Post
    i got a similar question...on some rooms that have messages like this, folks often reply with "crumbs"...anyone know what that means?
    It is an English expression which means much the same as the Scottish "jings"..... an old fashioned way of saying wow (which originated in the US).. it is used to express surprise or astonishment...
    Last edited by darkeyes; Oct 7, 2015 at 4:45 AM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    It is an English expression which means much the same as the Scottish "jings"..... an old fashioned way of saying wow (which originated in the US).. it is used to express surprise or astonishment...
    There is another word the English use in much the same way as "crumbs" and that is "cor" often succeeded by the word "lummy", lummy meaning amazing or awesome... so the expression would be "Cor, lummy" to denote how surprisingly wonderful something is... don't know how well used it is these days but me uncles in England used it a lot when I was wee.. never heard women use it that I recall.. me mum serpently has never and she is English... don't ask me wy... cos I have no idea...
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.