Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Ashley Madison hack

A good piece on the Ashley Madison leaked accounts data and how: "Prudishness is one of America's founding principles"

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles...-adultery-laws

Re: The Ashley Madison hack

*yawn* who cares about some America bashing op-ed article. Apparently most profiles on that site are fake, which should not surprise anyone.

If someone is cowardly enough to cheat they should just get a divorce before actually having sex with other people, and no it's not "slut shaming" or "prudery" to say this.

Then there's Spain where the Roman Catholic church still has lots of power and influence, and divorce has only been legal since 1981.

I think that the article raises a couple of interesting points.

I heard on the news today that there is already a class action lawsuit against the owners of the site. I don't know the exact terms for the suit though. There will be several ramification if the hacking of personal data is proven as a reason to win a lawsuit. I don't see it as any different from any company having their data hacked and stolen. The companies are responsible to keep private information private...or so most of us would like to think. The internet is constantly having to improve to fight off the hackers.

I think that the point about prudishness is well known. I didn't know that people could still be charged. I understand that in many countries adultery moved from the most common legal reason to give a divorce to the almost never used due to the changes that made it difficult to prove.

Really, when I look at this and think of all the children born out of wedlock prior to say the 1980's and now it is so much better not to place the curse of "born out of wedlock" etc.
    Last edited by tenni; Aug 21, 2015 at 4:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post

I heard on the news today that there is already a class action lawsuit against the owners of the site. I don't know the exact terms for the suit though. There will be several ramification if the hacking of personal data is proven as a reason to win a lawsuit. I don't see it as any different from any company having their data hacked and stolen. The companies are responsible to keep private information private...or so most of us would like to think. The internet is constantly having to improve to fight off the hackers.

I think that the point about prudishness is well known. I didn't know that people could still be charged. I understand that in many countries adultery moved from the most common legal reason to give a divorce to the almost never used due to the changes that made it difficult to prove.

Really, when I look at this and think of all the children born out of wedlock prior to say the 1980's and now it is so much better not to place the curse of "born out of wedlock" etc.
    LMAO even if a kid is born out of wedlock today, everyone knows the child or children are bastards, even though their birth certificate has no father listed or a man who is not married to a woman listed as the so called "father" which is not always necessarily the actual biological father.

But that's a poverty/low class thing, and a lot of black men do get black, latina, asian, and white women pregnant and then refuse to be parents or fathers to their children, and then they move onto the next woman and do the same thing to her and she's stuck with a kid that's a bastard and a deadbeat father who doesn't give a shit about any of his kids at all.

However, you also have a lot of women who get pregnant by another man and tell a man who they are boyfriends with that it is his child when it's not, and they do this because they see the man as their meal ticket, are whores, and are gold digging liars that want to trap a man into marriage.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Aug 21, 2015 at 5:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    LMAO even if a kid is born out of wedlock
    today, everyone knows the child or children are bastards, even though
    their birth certificate has no father listed or a man who is not
    married to a woman listed as the so called "father" which is not always
    necessarily the actual biological father.

But that's a poverty/low class thing, and a lot of black men do get
    black, latina, asian, and white women pregnant and then refuse to be
    parents or fathers to their children, and then they move onto the next
    woman and do the same thing to her and she's stuck with a kid that's a
    bastard and a deadbeat father who doesn't give a shit about any of his
    kids at all.

However, you also have a lot of women who get pregnant by another man
    and tell a man who they are boyfriends with that it is his child when
    it's not, and they do this because they see the man as their meal
    ticket, are whores, and are gold digging liars that want to trap a man
    into marriage.
    Well, it would seem then you disparage bastards. Surprise, I am a
    bastard. I was best man at my parents' wedding. So what of it?

While my mother once was offered to be put into business as a whore, she
    never followed through on being a whore. At the time of my birth she
    was with only my father and had no intentions of 'gold digging', she
    knew he was just as broke as her. Mom and my biological father are both
    Caucasian. So what of it?

I have a an adopted non-biological mother that is black, one that
    is Latino, one Hispanic, one Asian. Have an adopted father that is
    Caucasian, one that's black, one that's Hispanic and so on as with my
    adopted mothers. So what of it?

Recently learned some very disturbing news regarding my biological
    father. Suffice it to say he is not a very moral or ethical person. My
    stepfather was not either as he beat me down to a point I believed I was
    worth less than dung, raped my mother on many occasions. So what of it?

None of the above genuinely has any bearing upon who I am as a human
    being. What has bearing is the now, and my choices in it. Sure, maybe
    all that stuff above could make one think I'll be a statistic, some
    worthless idiot following in the steps of bad male role models. So what
    of it?

What I am not understanding is who you are. Who are you to be any kind
    of authority on right, wrong, good, bad? Can help me understand that? I
    do not know that you can. Granted I don't know much. Seems though you
    do. So what of it?

Unofficial Community Leader

Yup, the ripple effect has begun.

Prognostications of lives being ruined.

In the military, adultery is a crime under the Uniform Code Of Military Justice & if pursued could lead to a court martial with the most extreme penalty being doing jail time. Apparently, some of the site's accounts belong to military personnel as well as politicians, including some top positions in the White House.

Gonna be a helluva fallout.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    Yup, the ripple effect has begun.

Prognostications of lives being ruined.

In the military, adultery is a crime under the Uniform Code Of Military Justice & if pursued could lead to a court martial with the most extreme penalty being doing jail time. Apparently, some of the site's accounts belong to military personnel as well as politicians, including some top positions in the White House.

Gonna be a helluva fallout.
    Oh well. Those people should have thought about that before they paid money to that site and set up profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post
    Well, it would seem then you disparage bastards. Surprise, I am a
    bastard. I was best man at my parents' wedding. So what of it?

While my mother once was offered to be put into business as a whore, she
    never followed through on being a whore. At the time of my birth she
    was with only my father and had no intentions of 'gold digging', she
    knew he was just as broke as her. Mom and my biological father are both
    Caucasian. So what of it?

I have a an adopted non-biological mother that is black, one that
    is Latino, one Hispanic, one Asian. Have an adopted father that is
    Caucasian, one that's black, one that's Hispanic and so on as with my
    adopted mothers. So what of it?

Recently learned some very disturbing news regarding my biological
    father. Suffice it to say he is not a very moral or ethical person. My
    stepfather was not either as he beat me down to a point I believed I was
    worth less than dung, raped my mother on many occasions. So what of it?

None of the above genuinely has any bearing upon who I am as a human
    being. What has bearing is the now, and my choices in it. Sure, maybe
    all that stuff above could make one think I'll be a statistic, some
    worthless idiot following in the steps of bad male role models. So what
    of it?

What I am not understanding is who you are. Who are you to be any kind
    of authority on right, wrong, good, bad? Can help me understand that? I
    do not know that you can. Granted I don't know much. Seems though you
    do. So what of it?
    I'm not surprised by any of this.

It's not surprising that you have many severe mental illnesses and are a psychopath/sociopath and do not get treatment for any of this.

I'm not surprised by any of this.

It's not surprising that you have many severe mental illnesses and are a psychopath/sociopath and do not get treatment for any of this.
    I do get treatment. The therapist treating me says I am the sanest, insane person she sees, even saner than those who are considered sane. So what of it?

You still did not explain your authority. I know I have adversities, what is your excuse?

To be clear it is sociopathic tendencies I do suffer at times. Emotions and I do not get along well, especially after traumas in living. I shut down emotions in order to cope, survive. I stay calm. Thank my mom for that if you'd like. She does exactly the same thing.

Again, what is your authority and now your excuse for inability to answer direct questions?
    Last edited by void(); Aug 21, 2015 at 6:25 PM.

Yeap, I was surprised about some of those facts, we think we live in the 21 century and then...

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post
    I do get treatment. The therapist treating me says I am the sanest, insane person she sees, even saner than those who are considered sane. So what of it?

You still did not explain your authority. I know I have adversities, what is your excuse?

To be clear it is sociopathic tendencies I do suffer at times. Emotions and I do not get along well, especially after traumas in living. I shut down emotions in order to cope, survive. I stay calm. Thank my mom for that if you'd like. She does exactly the same thing.

Again, what is your authority and now your excuse for inability to answer direct questions?
    So you're a sociopath that's "sane" riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

So you're a sociopath that's "sane" riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    Obviously saner than you, who cannot answer direct questions. Again, who are you to have any authority to decide good, bad, right, wrong? Please do explain that as I have difficulty seeing either via my eyes or mind, how you brandish such authority. Stop deflecting the question and answer it.

I think it is a simple question. And no, I'm not a sociopath. I suffer having sociopathic tendencies as a coping, or defensive mechanism. Yes, there is a difference and it is a stark one. Having these tendencies is how my mind protects itself. I am aware of it and have a high level of control over it. Also, am using this method under advisement of a mental health professional.

That aside, you still need to answer the question, if you can. You deflecting tells me that you find answering it difficult. Why? If you have some form of authority, surely, you have proof of it readily available. You ought to bolt right to answering the question without any difficulty.
    Last edited by void(); Aug 21, 2015 at 8:59 PM.

Oh well. Those people should have thought about that before they paid money to that site and set up profiles.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZPZawbw5w
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

LMAO even if a kid is born out of wedlock today, everyone knows the child or children are bastards, even though their birth certificate has no father listed or a man who is not married to a woman listed as the so called "father" which is not always necessarily the actual biological father.

But that's a poverty/low class thing, and a lot of black men do get black, latina, asian, and white women pregnant and then refuse to be parents or fathers to their children, and then they move onto the next woman and do the same thing to her and she's stuck with a kid that's a bastard and a deadbeat father who doesn't give a shit about any of his kids at all.

However, you also have a lot of women who get pregnant by another man and tell a man who they are boyfriends with that it is his child when it's not, and they do this because they see the man as their meal ticket, are whores, and are gold digging liars that want to trap a man into marriage.
    LMAO at your reply.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    LMAO at your reply.
    I do as well because of seeing how empty it is. Still would not mind an answer to my question supplied my him. Know that is unlikely I will have that.

Hacks like this will become more and more frequent. People need to learn they cannot trust that any website has empirical safety against this. I've been on and off a few sites over the years and seriously thought of deleting profiles on the active sites as I'm content with the people I'm playing with and not looking for more. I do enjoy the chat and discussions on forums like these (except when that mentally disturbed turd Pole_smoker insists on spewing his garbage about things he knows nothing about, answers no questions, and criticizes and judges people he doesn't know anything about). Give it a rest jerkoff. Stop accusing people of mental illness, disease, or judging people you know NOTHING about, and this will be a better place. I hope for your own sake you don't behave like this in real life, because someone will eventually punch your face in for comments like you make here. Of-course, you could simply be an internet asshole who gets a big erection in his mommys basement when you pop in your buttplug and sit at the computer keyboard dominating and demeaning people. I will no longer quote your posts, so people like myself (who blocked you) can enjoy their block without anyone sharing your drivel.

Pay Pole no attention and hopefully he will eventually go away or at least shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by NjbiGuy01 View Post
    I will no longer quote your posts, so people like myself (who blocked you) can enjoy their block without anyone sharing your drivel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.7 KB 
ID:	37769

Hacks like this will become more and more frequent. People need to learn they cannot trust that any website has empirical safety against this. I've been on and off a few sites over the years and seriously thought of deleting profiles on the active sites as I'm content with the people I'm playing with and not looking for more. I do enjoy the chat and discussions on forums like these (except when that mentally disturbed turd Pole_smoker insists on spewing his garbage about things he knows nothing about, answers no questions, and criticizes and judges people he doesn't know anything about). Give it a rest jerkoff. Stop accusing people of mental illness, disease, or judging people you know NOTHING about, and this will be a better place. I hope for your own sake you don't behave like this in real life, because someone will eventually punch your face in for comments like you make here. Of-course, you could simply be an internet asshole who gets a big erection in his mommys basement when you pop in your buttplug and sit at the computer keyboard dominating and demeaning people. I will no longer quote your posts, so people like myself (who blocked you) can enjoy their block without anyone sharing your drivel.

Pay Pole no attention and hopefully he will eventually go away or at least shut the fuck up.
    *yawn* You are simply describing yourself here since you're a troll that's obsessed with me much like my other haters here are.

I will no longer quote
    your posts, so people like myself (who blocked you) can enjoy their
    block without anyone sharing your drivel.
    We are taught knowledge is power. A means to attaining knowledge lies in information. We are also taught there are a right and wrong.

It could be easy in our modern times for reversing what is right to being wrong, wrong being right. As with so much else a choice exists. Those doing things of such natures as this, such natures as being annoyances, are not what I choose to see as right.

Using ill gained information as means to attain power taints the intent. Whatever ends any think may be achieved will ultimately be in the wrong.

Every single thread here that PS responds to, gets 100% taken over by him from the original because you keep acknowledging him. Ignore him, stop responding to his useless shit, and get back to the topic of the thread. And yes, please stop quoting his ignorant ass, so those of us that have blocked him, can still avoid his meaningless drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by nailchewer View Post
    Every single thread here that PS responds to, gets 100% taken over by him from the original because you keep acknowledging him. Ignore him, stop responding to his useless shit, and get back to the topic of the thread. And yes, please stop quoting his ignorant ass, so those of us that have blocked him, can still avoid his meaningless drivel.
    I would not be surprised if your wife catches you cheating on her. Why not just be a man for once and come out to her, and be honest instead of a coward.

Apparently, there are some severe consequences for some people whose identity has been leaked in countries where same sex is illegal. The attached article also states that women will probably be more severely dealt with than men in these parts.

"I am from a country where homosexuality carries the death penalty. I studied in America the last several years and used Ashley Madison during that time. (For those of you who haven't been following the story, Ashley Madison has been hacked and its users' names and addresses are on the verge of being exposed.) I was single, but used it because I am gay; gay sex is punishable by death in my home country so I wanted to keep my hookups extremely discreet.I only used AM to hook up with single guys. Most of you are Westerners in countries that are relatively liberal on LGBT issues. For those of you who are older--try to think back to a time 10 or 20 years again when homosexuality was intensely stigmatized. Multiply that horrible feeling of stigma by a million, and add the threat of beheading/stoning. That's why I used AM to have discreet encounters...
    The idiots who claim I'm lying are projecting from personal experience, and forgetting that, for many gay people around the world, being outed is a life-threatening experience. The risks for us are greater than the risks for married Westerners cheating on their spouses. That's why AM's promise of discretion appeals to us. (Seriously, you think that there are no gay Muslims on there out of 37 million users?)"

Saudi Arabia
    The BBC reported that over 1,200 users have .sa email domains. Not only is adultery illegal in Saudi Arabia, it's punishable by death. Though death sentences for adultery are exceedingly rare, the exposure of this crime can lead to lesser charges and social shaming. Homosexuality and cross-dressing can also lead to imprisonment, fines, corporal punishment, capital punishment, and whipping/flogging.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...gbt-risk?sc=fb
    Last edited by tenni; Aug 23, 2015 at 7:37 AM.

Apparently, there are some severe consequences for some people whose identity has been leaked in countries where same sex is illegal. The attached article also states that women will probably be more severely dealt with than men in these parts.
    While understanding users expecting privacy, I am also reminded of a
    conversation with a few other security minded. The consensus was if you
    needed something fully secure on the Internet and Web, do not put it on
    the Internet and Web at all. The Internet and Web have all kinds of foul
    people on them, doing foul-people things and foul acts.

If you knowingly place yourself in harm's way then you ( anyone ) have
    done so by your own choice. Trusting others with secrets is not always
    the best of ideas, even if the others are complete strangers. All
    for freedom of information, a right to be oneself and proud of that.
    Everyone should though at least practice a bit of caution. Yes it is bad
    this kind of thing happens. I do not condone it.

This incident also reminds me of something which has recently crept into
    my conversational lexicon.

"You seen the news, _____ ?"

"People still living, dying?"

"Yes."

"People still killing, stealing?"

"Yes."

"What news is there, then?"

"..."

That is not to belittle, or assail the victims of abuses, atrocities,
    tragedies. It is just that so much of it happens, after a bit it becomes
    one big mad blur. All I am able to do is affect the sphere in which I
    live. Granted at times that may seem to be selfish from the outside.
    Beware though, my sphere does cross many a vast other spheres and I do
    hold some bit of influence. So, if I cannot mind this humble sphere
    around me, I start feeling dire, I start feeling dire so too those I
    affect.

"I am from a country where homosexuality carries the death penalty. I studied in America the last several years and used Ashley Madison during that time. (For those of you who haven't been following the story, Ashley Madison has been hacked and its users' names and addresses are on the verge of being exposed.) I was single, but used it because I am gay; gay sex is punishable by death in my home country so I wanted to keep my hookups extremely discreet.I only used AM to hook up with single guys. Most of you are Westerners in countries that are relatively liberal on LGBT issues. For those of you who are older--try to think back to a time 10 or 20 years again when homosexuality was intensely stigmatized. Multiply that horrible feeling of stigma by a million, and add the threat of beheading/stoning. That's why I used AM to have discreet encounters...
    The idiots who claim I'm lying are projecting from personal experience, and forgetting that, for many gay people around the world, being outed is a life-threatening experience. The risks for us are greater than the risks for married Westerners cheating on their spouses. That's why AM's promise of discretion appeals to us. (Seriously, you think that there are no gay Muslims on there out of 37 million users?)"

Saudi Arabia
    The BBC reported that over 1,200 users have .sa email domains. Not only is adultery illegal in Saudi Arabia, it's punishable by death. Though death sentences for adultery are exceedingly rare, the exposure of this crime can lead to lesser charges and social shaming. Homosexuality and cross-dressing can also lead to imprisonment, fines, corporal punishment, capital punishment, and whipping/flogging.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...gbt-risk?sc=fb
    People who sign up for a website and think they are being "discreet" or keeping their sexuality a secret while in their everyday life they live in a closet are delusional. He should have kept his home country's draconian laws in mind, not have signed up for internet sites where there's a history/record, and not have gone back there.

If you lie and get caught lying who’s fault is that? As far as being outed in countries where homosexuality or bisexuality can get you into serious trouble, the same was true in the rest of the world 50+ years ago until people started to stand up for themselves. When you lie about who your are, there is always the chance that lie will be exposed. It's a dangerous game to play. I can have sympathy for them but for the other cheaters who choose to cheat and lie rather than be honest, you got outed, now deal with it. Cheating always has a price. People who sign themselves up on this type of site put themselves at risk, and know the consequences.

It was reported today that there have been several suicides due to the hacking of the site. The police are investigating this group who calls themselves "Team Impact". It has greater consequences than exposing the sexual behaviour of some people. If this was other confidential information stored on line such as health records, bank and credit card confidential information, This has caused blackmail in some cases. I wonder how others would react the police stated. Moral judgement by some needs to be weighed cautiously as to what the larger issue is. The Toronto police said that they were coming after the hacker group. There is now reward of $500, 000 for information that leads to an arrest.
    Last edited by tenni; Aug 24, 2015 at 3:41 PM.

It was reported today that there have been several suicides due to the hacking of the site. The police are investigating this group who calls themselves "Team Impact". It has greater consequences than exposing the sexual behaviour of some people. If this was other confidential information stored on line such as health records, bank and credit card confidential information, This has caused blackmail in some cases. I wonder how others would react the police stated. Moral judgement by some needs to be weighed cautiously as to what the larger issue is. The Toronto police said that they were coming after the hacker group. There is now reward of $500, 000 for information that leads to an arrest.
    Why would someone make the completely pointless, selfish, and personal choice to off themselves just because a website has been hacked and they were a weak person that was cheating and having affairs, or lying about being bisexual or gay?

Yeah...like those silly police in Toronto will actually really catch the actual people, since Canadian law enforcement and your military, and tech-defense are all total jokes will actually catch those people.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Aug 24, 2015 at 5:05 PM.

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out-
    Because I was not a Socialist.
    Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-
    Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-
    Because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for me-and there was no one left to speak for me.

http://tinyurl.com/lff49tt
    "He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

http://tinyurl.com/p5fc4kw
    In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.

The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you can see.

http://tinyurl.com/ooca3fp
    It is only speculation, yet this incident when seen broader context seems too well scripted. Would be no surprise finding out some alphabet soup group for some State or other had hand in it. Stranger has happened, will happen.

One of the biggest stories today was the unprecedented, historic stock market crash yet I didn't encounter a single blip where someone chose to jump out of a window because of it like the crash of the 30's which led to the Great Depression in this country.

Suicide is a personal choice.

One of the stories involved the police chief of San Antonio, Texas. I'm disturbed by this because it just doesn't add up which is what cases of suicide tend to do. He was a highly respected man, looked up to by his subordinates. In the profile I read, he came across as a man's man, a cop's cop. I once visited the city. At that time, it had one of the highest murder rates in the country. And it's a huge city ! It would take a strong man, in every sense of the words, to climb to the pinnacle of where he was with his career. So, how does such a strong man suddenly implode & give up in the wake of a sexual scandal, something so commonplace in our society ?
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

"So, how does such a strong man suddenly implode & give up in the wake of a sexual scandal, something so commonplace in our society ?"

I think that shaming plays a great role. There are reports that people have been contacted and threatened that if they do not pay that their family, neighbours and friends will be informed.

It is almost more shameful than committing murder. That seems ridiculous.

The RCMP, Toronto Police, FBI and a few other international police forces are coming together to fight this newer type of crime.
    Last edited by tenni; Aug 24, 2015 at 11:14 PM.

"So, how does such a strong man suddenly implode & give up in the wake of a sexual scandal, something so commonplace in our society ?"

I think that shaming plays a great role. There are reports that people have been contacted and threatened that if they do not pay that their family, neighbours and friends will be informed.

It is almost more shameful than committing murder. That seems ridiculous.

The RCMP, Toronto Police, FBI and a few other international police forces are coming together to fight this newer type of crime.
    so how did rob ford get away with it