• You get the best of both worlds
    • Threesomes
    • Coming out of the closet
    • Friends/LGBT members support you
    • You get to be yourself
    • Same sex marriage is now legal in the USA
    • Sex seems better

Cons
    • Girls treat you like their gay best friend even when you want to get with them
    • Straight men love bi women but hate bi men
    • People tell you that you're gay and that being bisexual is a "stepping stone" to admitting your gay
    • People claim bisexuality isn't real.
    • Religious arguments
    • Anxiety/Stress
    • Societies attitude towards you
    • Your guy friends stop being friends with you because your bi
    • Your ex male friends harass and spread rumors about you
    • You can get physically assaulted for being bi

Give me either pro's or con's to add guys!
    Last edited by sexygirl556; Jul 31, 2015 at 1:10 PM.

Re: Pros and Cons of being a Bi Male

Quote Originally Posted by Ggod1995 View Post
    Pros

• Threesomes
    • You get to be yourself
    • Sex seems better

Cons
    • Girls treat you like their gay best friend even when you want to get with them
    • People tell you that you're gay and that being bisexual is a "stepping stone" to admitting your gay
    • Religious arguments
    • Anxiety/Stress

Straight men don't hate bisexual men, and society does not either.

Heterosexual and gay/lesbian people do understand bisexuality even if they're not bisexual, know it's an actual sexual orientation, and people/society have known about bisexuality for a very long time for almost 100 years or more.

Unofficial Community Leader

Pros

• Threesomes
    • You get to be yourself
    • Sex seems better

Cons
    • Religious arguments
    • Anxiety/Stress

I've got an addition for your list of cons. * pole_smoker will become your offensive, hateful adversary although he claims to be bisexual himself.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    I've got an addition for your list of cons. * pole_smoker will become your offensive, hateful adversary although he claims to be bisexual himself.
    Nope I don't "hate" this guy or anyone really. I don't even hate thin skinned, delicate, total pussy, weak minded, hypocritical, and ultra-sensitive trolls and haters like you.

Thanks for the list Ggod. Did you find it somewhere or figure these points out on your own?

Generally, I think that you raise some good con points. I have read a few guys post that they lost straight friends when they disclosed their sexuality. I think that this is probably happening less and less though. The threesome aspect is a positive point but threesomes in themselves are not always indicating bisexuality. Straight people have threesomes where two women focus on the guy or two guys focus on the woman. Still, I suspect that it may lead to bi curious aspects...lol

I think that a few of your cons are part of biphobia.

Con/s:

You constantly have to balance time, effort, desire, emotion, sex, between male and female lovers. If you're the lot what loves unconditionally this is a bitch to wrestle around.

You need to assure yourself you've chosen wisely in choice of lovers. Many folks cannot understand unconditional love, let alone appreciate it and enjoy what is given without being abusive. Abusiveness includes jealousy. If you love, truly love, jealousy has no place. Many do not understand this either.

You need to be diligently mature in order to avoid seeming to, or becoming a monster. It is difficult to not let yourself become frustrated by those unable to love at your level. It is difficult to find trust enough with lovers, trust they'll be safe with you and others, trust they will "be there".

People often unable to discern if you love unconditionally or are indifferent.

Pro/s:

Freedom from mundane bullocks such as petty fear, jealousy.

Freedom to love without tethers or boundaries.

Freedom to be you.

A deeper connection with all of humanity. I was told by a psychologist my veneer as a misanthrope betrayed I truly loved all of humanity, simply because I'm bisexual. *chuckles* "You love everybody too much to hate them."

* wanders along singing "Still in Hollywood ...", bops along *

Pros

• Threesomes
    • You get to be yourself
    • Sex seems better

Cons
    • Religious arguments
    • Anxiety/Stress

Let me toss my view of each point, it might be helpful or not. It's merely my view though, take it or leave it.

Pros

You can also get the worst of both, makes this a null argument either way.

• Threesomes

Agree they can be great! Or, they may be horrid depending the lovers entangled.

Never really had to "come out", those who need know, know, those who don't, don't and likely don't care anyway. I don't see anything pro or con in this, really not seeing why the fuss either way. Is it like some debutante ball or something? *shrugs* I am me, I am what and who I am. You are you, you are what and who you are. So?

Um, okay, I guess. Never been invited to a LGBT event, likely would not attend anyway. I'm not into all the political, religious claptrap of being the in crowd. Big fragging deal I love sex with guys and gals. That make me better or worse than anyone else? No, it doesn't. Simply ... it is what it is.

• You get to be yourself

*nodding emphatically* Yup, yup, yup! You get to be you! Yay!

Yep it is, however religious groups still may deny the rites of matrimony based upon sexual orientation. Which is fine, a Judge can marry you for $50 while acting as Justice of the Peace. The reason a religious group may do that is because of the First Amendment --> Religious grounds and the government not able to impose upon them lest separation of church and state is infringed.

• Sex seems better

Eh, it can go both ways. Pardon the pun.

Cons

Hm. Or, they can want to get with you all the more because well "I'll fuck you straight, boy". *LOL*

Never noticed they did. Have quite a few straight male friends too. at most I've gotten a few joking jabs at times. "My aren't you the bitch" "That means you suck and get sucked?" I just brushed them with equal humor. Asked one guy if he was jealous he wasn't on my to do list, shut him up real quick. *LOL*

Yeah, keep seeing this a lot. So what? Do the words of the person saying it to you mean shit all? No likely they don't. So, fuck 'em and go on living your life, not theirs.

Again, weigh their words. They mean shit? Also look to mythology, especially Greece myth. Zeus raped a young man. In olden times rape included abduction and them dominating the one raped, as in you stole them away from their present life and had them as your servant. Zeus also fucked himself a lot of women. The ancients knew of bisexuality, knew it existed, always has, always will.

• Religious arguments

Join another religion, or drop it altogether. I mean really, it's all your choice anyway.

• Anxiety/Stress

Ah yes, we do have that at times and in spades.

Again fuck 'em. It's your life, not theirs.

Make new friends. Realize if they leave over your sexual orientation, they may not have been worth being friends with to start. Maybe they were not actually friends at all.

So? If you let their words hurt you, they win. Why not get offensive and sling shit in their direction? Better yet, weather the storm/s silently and not seeming to be hurt, be the better person out of it all. Still, live your life, not theirs.

Not had this happen. You can get assaulted because your eyes are brown, too. So? This is when a pacifist is in the right to kick the shit out of someone. Don't put up with this shit, stomp ass back! Stomp until they relent, walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post

Hm. Or, they can want to get with you all the more because well "I'll fuck you straight, boy". *LOL*

i've noticed alot of women are driven by the desire to make gay men "switch." i've often wanted to start rumors about my homosexuality just because of this. maybe that's why i'm bicurious?

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    [/LIST]
    i've noticed alot of women are driven by the desire to make gay men "switch." i've often wanted to start rumors about my homosexuality just because of this. maybe that's why i'm bicurious?
    *ROFLMAO!*

I see it more in women than men, though in some places it may be the reverse.

My friend's wife knew I was at least "kinky" in some way after having met me for five minutes. He never knew for at least twenty to thirty years and growing up with me like a brother, until I directly told him. His wife and I would often flirt amongst ourselves, neither of us really desiring anything more than just being friends. It drove him insane, more so after the fact of him knowing. She told him he was dense as brick, she had known right away and even thought of conquering me but realized I wouldn't do that, simply because I could not hurt a friend.