Register

Oh Joy!! Here we go again…..chat went down in the last few hours!

Well--I had gone in the chat room just a few hours earlier than the time I am posting this--all was fine---but now---HERE WE GO AGAIN!! The chat room has gone out again---we were doing so good too, this time---let us hope it is not out ANOTHER three months or so this time!!

I don't know what I am going to do. I guess go back for now to the other site we found.

SHIT!!! THIS FUCKING SUCKS!! BIG TIME!!!!

Re: Oh Joy!! Here we go again…..chat went down in the last few hours!

The "other site" never did take off. It had a slight rev up then fell flat, it seemed. The chat on this site never recovered fully from the long outage. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltyV2.0 View Post
    Well--I had gone in the chat room just a few hours earlier than the time I am posting this--all was fine---but now---HERE WE GO AGAIN!! The chat room has gone out again---we were doing so good too, this time---let us hope it is not out ANOTHER three months or so this time!!

I don't know what I am going to do. I guess go back for now to the other site we found.

SHIT!!! THIS FUCKING SUCKS!! BIG TIME!!!!
    LOL Why are you flipping out over a cyber sex chat room not working?
    Last edited by pole_smoker; May 26, 2015 at 9:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    LOL Why are you flipping out over a cyber sex chat room not working?
    I suspect it is because some people find chat more enjoyable and satisfying than reading or responding to posts on the forum.

JEM

This is a bummer.
    Yahoo IM? GoogleTalk? skype? SnapChat?

OK, can I offer my services to help keep the chat up?

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    I suspect it is because some people find chat more enjoyable and satisfying than reading or responding to posts on the forum.
    I never used chat but I agree with jem. Some members have always preferred chat over the forum. Some members have never used chat but used the forum to discuss issues. Then we have those interested in promoting sexually explicit images in excess.

Dare As I understood it, Drew live(d) in Calgary. Unless you can contact him, I don't see how you can help? Do you have a way?

The last time chat went down, I was actually in the room at the time. It was a pretty image heavy conversation.

I'm wondering if the images have something to do with it? Maybe there is a limit on how much can be used, file size wise, for the particular plan that the site is subscribed to. Maybe when we exceed it, it gets shut down until the next billing cycle?

This could all be in my head, but it's a theory I thought I'd try throwing out there.

My impression was that the "other site" "had a slight ramp up then fell flat" when this site's chat came back online and everyone scurried back over here. I mean, yeah, the other site's (new) chat room sucks in comparison...but at least it works. And maybe if we demonstrate some loyalty, they'll bring back the original chat room? Just a thought.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

There were many times I went to that other room and found it empty, and many when there were only a few people in it, even when this site was not working and had not been working.

It seems that there is a core group of folks here who like to chat in the context of this site's subject matter. I wish there was a good place for us to do it. I wonder if someone could/should/would set up a bisexual chat room on IRC. I'm not a techy, so it's over my head to get it going. But, it's an idea.

This site is just flakier than hell...chat goes up/down, never any explanation....I learned a long time ago that bitching about it has no effect. I'm a PAID member and never get a response from anybody. We all speculate about why it happens...mine is it's some dude trying to run it by himself, runs out of money, loses a license, trips out on meth, or whatever, and here we are! LOL....again, all SPECULATION, but what's one supposed to think? My advice, that I haven't followed successfully, is find another site. Would LOVE this one to stay and be viable, but when you're kept in the dark you're powerless...we're all pawns in the chess game of life...

Everything seems stable except for chat which is externally hosted. We can only hope that chat is up again soon. If anyone wants to propose an alternative, I'm game.

yeah it sucks I was chatting when it went down

SO what is the "other site" that people are referring to?

Friend - this is done for free for all of us... why complain if it's free??? I am sure they could use a paid membership or even a donation to sustain the site...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuiriousmark View Post
    Friend - this is done for free for all of us... why complain if it's free??? I am sure they could use a paid membership or even a donation to sustain the site...
    People do have paid memberships here.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Dean View Post
    People do have paid memberships here.
    I paid. Maybe that helped get chat back for a little while.
    JEM

Jem
    You are the first person that I have seen who paid to support the site in quite awhile. I paid for two years to support the site but have not for about a year. I don't use chat and so the only benefit that I got was that I didn't have to worry about my pm mail. There were some chat benefits as I recall. I see the option to pay is still here.

Good for you. Maybe, the site will come back to normal...whatever that was.

At this point---I do not know why anyone would pay since it seems that there is no one "minding the store" at this site---I don't know how it keeps on running----maybe the management paid for whatever it takes to keep a site online several years in advance.

I surely would not spring for a paid membership now------the only way I would is that if we had SOMEONE, ANYONE---who would come on here and start posting that they have taken over the ownership/management of the site----let us know what is going on and whether the site is going to continue or not---and that they were going to make sure of two things----that the chat will be back up and running without danger of it going back down AND even more important----the 'Trolling" will stop forthwith on here!!!

Not only would have to say those things----they'd have to follow through to "stand and deliver" on their promise to deal with both situations.

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltyV2.0 View Post
    At this point---I do not know why anyone would pay since it seems that there is no one "minding the store" at this site---I don't know how it keeps on running----maybe the management paid for whatever it takes to keep a site online several years in advance.

I surely would not spring for a paid membership now------the only way I would is that if we had SOMEONE, ANYONE---who would come on here and start posting that they have taken over the ownership/management of the site----let us know what is going on and whether the site is going to continue or not---and that they were going to make sure of two things----that the chat will be back up and running without danger of it going back down AND even more important----the 'Trolling" will stop forthwith on here!!!

Not only would have to say those things----they'd have to follow through to "stand and deliver" on their promise to deal with both situations.
    I understand your point of view. But, the site still has enough value to me to support it, given how little money membership costs. I would have renewed at twice the cost. I pay vastly more for various state licenses and professional organization memberships and journal access privileges. I have more fun interactions on this site for so little in membership fees.
    JEM