Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Double standards?

Quote Originally Posted by HardCell735 View Post
    Just goes to show that life is a process of getting to know, especially when relationships are concerned.

A man married to a woman for 30 years says "I know my wife".

Another man married to a woman for 30 years says "I'm getting to know my wife."
    Great distinction! Plus, people don't stay stagnant all their lives. We all grow and change. The test of time is if you can grow and change together, and accept not only the person your partner is, but who they may eventually be.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Dean View Post
    Great distinction! Plus, people don't stay stagnant all their lives. We all grow and change. The test of time is if you can grow and change together, and accept not only the person your partner is, but who they may eventually be.
    Thanks Melody. : )

New information can drastically change a person too. So living in the "Information Age", an age as far as we know has never been experienced by people before until now, has greatly accelerated the process of change within people.

Before the Internet came along, the dynamics of information exchange was "bottlenecked" as very small groups of people (book publishers & media) were the de facto cartel who delivered to you the information which gave you orientation into what the world is and what you are and what your place in the world is, and your were socially expected to adjust yourself to this information being laid out to you.

That all changed in the early '90's (the Truth is out there) with the public introduction of the Internet. The dynamics of information exchange on the Internet is simply that anyone can post anything online, so this opened up all sorts of CHOICES as to what it is that you want to pay attention to. But more importantly this new dynamic of information exchange has no bottleneck like publishers and media still have today. So if anything was being held back by this bottleneck through traditional media, it would show up in our free information exchange system (Internet) so long as the given individual was seeking it with good discernment.

So there are people out there who continue to be told what they are and what the world is and what their place should be in it, via the information cartel. And there are people out there who discern for themselves what the world is and what their place should be in it, via free thought and unbridled information exchange.

------
    Last edited by Browne; May 5, 2015 at 10:24 AM.

…I take it even with all the posts we still have settled the double standard question…

Quote Originally Posted by charles-smythe View Post
    …I take it even with all the posts we still have settled the double standard question…
    The only real control you have is, if you don't like people who play by double standards, keep them out of your life. Although it doesn't solve the problem for everyone it's still quite effective if it's something you don't like.

------