Register

Myths and Reality of m2m sex activity

2011 " In the Journal of Sexual Medicine, researchers from Indiana University and George Mason University surveyed nearly 25,000 gay and bisexual men in an effort to better understand how they experience sex.

The researchers asked gay and bisexual-identified men ages 18 to 87 to chart their most recent sexual experience.
    Did it involve kissing, cuddling, masturbation, oral sex, anal sex? Did it happen with a boyfriend, spouse, stranger, or sex worker? Was it in a car, a home, a club? Were condoms used?

The results:
    "sexual behaviors involving the anus were least common,”

2/ Around 75 percent of participants reported kissing their partners, giving oral sex, and/or receiving oral sex in their most recent sexual encounters.

3/ By contrast, only 36 percent of men reporting receiving anal sex and 34 percent of men reporting giving anal sex.

http://magazine.good.is/articles/gay-sex-is-not-anal-sex

Re: Myths and Reality of m2m sex activity

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    2011 " In the Journal of Sexual Medicine, researchers from Indiana University and George Mason University surveyed nearly 25,000 gay and bisexual men in an effort to better understand how they experience sex.

The researchers asked gay and bisexual-identified men ages 18 to 87 to chart their most recent sexual experience.
    Did it involve kissing, cuddling, masturbation, oral sex, anal sex? Did it happen with a boyfriend, spouse, stranger, or sex worker? Was it in a car, a home, a club? Were condoms used?

The results:

2/ Around 75 percent of participants reported kissing their partners, giving oral sex, and/or receiving oral sex in their most recent sexual encounters.

3/ By contrast, only 36 percent of men reporting receiving anal sex and 34 percent of men reporting giving anal sex.

That's been known for awhile; but there are a lot of gay and bi men who do enjoy anal sex, have it frequently, and some who love it and who are not that into oral sex.

Me? I don't have to have anal sex, and I could go the rest of my life without ever doing it again; but sometimes my husband likes to bottom, and I enjoy doing it to him.

36% is far from lots. It is more like very few men have anal sex as a regular expression of m2m sex.

36% is far from lots. It is more like very few men have anal sex as a regular expression of m2m sex.
    You would have to survey or question all bisexual or gay men and not only 25,000 men, and keep in mind that some people do lie in surveys or studies.

The results:

…and your point is?...

It is scientifically proven that anal sex is not the majority of sexual behaviour between same sex activity. Kissing and oral sex are by far same sex activity. There have been arguments made that anal sex, ws and fisting are done by 'lots" of bisexuals. FALSE.

That is the point. Thread after thread promoting WS and fisting is sexual but not bisexual in nature.
    Last edited by tenni; Apr 18, 2015 at 10:58 AM.

As a bisexual woman I can certainly understand the allure of anal sex. Yes it hurts a little but it's not something that is meant to take place every time you have sex. I dated a guy in college who loved everything about a girls butt and I would let him in the 'back door' every once in awhile, not because I enjoyed it, but because he did; the joy and ecstasy on his face while performing was a turn on for me.

It is scientifically proven that anal sex is not the majority of sexual behaviour between same sex activity. Kissing and oral sex are by far same sex activity. There have been arguments made that anal sex, ws and fisting are done by 'lots" of bisexuals. FALSE.

That is the point. Thread after thread promoting WS and fisting is sexual but not bisexual in nature.
    Blah blah blah...you clearly don't actually pay attention to the many varied ways bisexual and gay men have sex or our kinks, sex that's not completely 110% vanilla, or studies or websites that don't promote your own agendas.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Apr 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM.

May I differ from u on this, tenni.. 36% is lots.. over a third. Over a third of millions of bisexual men is lots.. Not a majority, but lots.... B4 giving men up I never had sex with ne thing like 3.6% of the buggers in this city or even 0.36% or 0.036% for that matter, but those I did shag I consider lots... lots is relative... we dont necessarily have to have a majority doing ne thing for it 2 b lots doing it..

Poley is of course wrong that we need to survey all bisexual men for an accurate result.... polls r done on far smaller smaller samples than 25000 and come up with relatively accurate results (tho not 100% accurate.. usually 2 something like plus or minus 2%). Generally speaking the larger the sample the more accurate the result.. 25000 is a huge study when many are more like 1-2000... even a 100% survey would not be 100% accurate allowing for the jokers, fibbers, this who resent being surveyed and yes, even society's trolls..
    Last edited by darkeyes; Apr 18, 2015 at 12:18 PM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.