Register

Anyone like to dance their ass off with the same gender at an LGBT/gay dance club?

Does anyone here like to go to gay/LGBT dance clubs and dance your ass off with the same gender? I have enjoyed doing this for decades when disco was first starting in NYC, before studio 54, and there were private loft parties.
    Last edited by Mr. Suck; May 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM.

Re: Anyone like to dance their ass off with the same gender at an LGBT/gay dance club

I do it often.. many women do.. gay, str8 and bi... bout time summa u lot recognised that ther r 2 genders in all sexualities... o yea.. we do it in str8 clubs an' all.... sooner the world allows men the same courtesy, the easier it will b 2 break down barriers and prejudice... and in non str8 clubs... wots new bout guys dancing wiv guys? Daft question if ya ask me...
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Re: Anyone like to dance their ass off with the same gender at an LGBT/gay dance club

It has been awhile since I was in a dance club. In the straight dance clubs, women danced with each other but not slow songs Back about ten or fifteen years ago, a few guys would dance with their buds but again not slow songs. This was particularly true of young men and not any guy over say 30 or 35. There was even a way to dance carrying your beer as a feature of your dancing. Often with guy friends facing each other in a circle beer in hand raising it at certain points ritualistically. Gay clubs were fascinating and yes everyone just danced in one sweaty mob. lol

Girls have often danced 2 slow mood music together over here no matter the type of club ever since I can remember... admittedly str8 girls dont generally dance close and a huggling but it isn't unknown.. close friends do quite often. Ocasionally I do with a close friend in a str8 club whatever her sexuality... but not 2 close.......although I have to admit one or 2 of me closest friends wouldn't dream of it... isn't always str8 men who r uptite 'bout same gender dancing close and huggly... but they r more likely 2 than the male of the species and that's a pity...

..and being an equal opportunities employer wen it cums 2 dancing... nowt 2 do wiv the thread but thought I'd say it ne way.. I also dance slow dances wiv men up close... not 2 touchy feely will admit.. not wht octopi pushing 'is luck touchy feely... we must draw the line sumwer..
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

There have always been same gender dancing going on in 'straight' nightclubs. No slow smoochy songs going on, so no need to worry about exploring your sexuality on the dance floor.lol
    I never got the hang of slow dancing with women and I expect the same would be true with a bloke.

I haven't been to a "dance club" of any sort in so long---its been several decades past at least and I have only been a few times to a gay bar many years ago as well.

But if I met a cool guy and he wanted us to go out dancing at some club---I would consider it---but I am not holding my breath that I am going to meet such a person any time soon!!!
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.