Register

"Reply All" vs private note

I'm looking for some help in keeping a non-moderated site usable. Obviously trolls and douchbags are going to make an appearance on a site like this where they can feed on constant reaction.

Many of us work in an environment where we use e-mail. Sometimes a boss or someone will send out a note to everyone with something that you want to address. When you reply, you don't 'reply all', unless it is called for. Especially if it is going to be a conversation with some stress.

When a loser puts his e-knife in a thread and gives it a twist, to see who will yell, replying to him is hitting 'reply all'. Now I deal with these guys by simply putting them on ignore. So when I read a thread, I can skip over the drivel and continue to enjoy the decadence I am here for. I am constantly seeing trolls and douchbags entire sewage quoted in another note below and end up reading it. Please folks, send a personal note to trolls and douchbags and refrain from re-quoting their shit in a reply. It would be SOOO appreciated.

Re: "Reply All" vs private note

Quote Originally Posted by Hypersexual11 View Post
    I'm looking for some help Please folks, send a personal note to trolls and douchbags and refrain from re-quoting their shit in a reply. It would be SOOO appreciated.
    Sorry, but I will not do that for you. Usually, I ignore posts that bother you so much. But, when I feel the need to reply, I want it clear to all what I am replying to.
    JEM

Re: "Reply All" vs private note

In the past I have taken posts at face value and responded to some of the trolls. Now I just put the trolls on ignore.