Register

2015 marks my tenth year here, but…..

With the site apparently no longer being of much concern to those who run it---I guess it is time to move on and I do believe that I have found an appropriate place to move---go check out my post in the DRRREEWWWW!! Thread--someone else posted a link to a newly established bisexual site and I went to check it out--I have set up a membership there--it's free!!

I like it--it has definite possibilities and do recommend that everyone should go check it out for yourselves to see if you agree with me.

I also posted a link to the site as well and am using a verson of my original name on here: 12voltman

It is something--it just hit me that 2015 marks my tenth year in being at this site--but the way it looks--I won't make it to the actual anniversary period on here which would be in November.

I really do hope that the chat comes back up and stays up here---but that does not seem to be all that great a probability and let's face it----a site of this sort without a way to do real time communications with others---really doesn't offer much appeal.

I will continue to come back here--but I think I am gonna start spending time at the new site---I do hope it lives up to my initial expectations and that many of you make the move to it---the site is called My Secret Choice.

Go to the other thread and click on my link or that of the person who first posted it.

Later fornicators!! LOL

I just went back to the site-and found that a number of us from here already are there--and are online as I post this on the chat room!!

Re: 2015 marks my tenth year here, but…..

Definitely folks--do make the move to that other site----it has the potential of being what this site was and could be

I do not feel the need to leave. But, I understand the reasons you do. Also, without chat, this site does seem close to needing hospice care. But, there are still some lively exchanges in the forum and I am more comfortable with this site because it is tolerant of those with strong opinions not shared by me. I wish you happiness and the new site to be good for you.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltyV2.0 View Post
    t----a site of this sort without a way to do real time communications with others---really doesn't offer much appeal.
    This is why instant messaging came into being. There are a plethora of instant messaging software clients and protocols. Some of these even provide users with the options of live video chatting, some offer live voice chatting. Not sure how one defines "real time communications" but to me it would seem talking live would qualify.

On this site users may exchange their instant messaging contact information, either in public or private. At that point of exchange, "real time communication" does not require any "site". Instant messaging is another aspect of the Internet, a different flavor if you will. You do not "need" any "site" to access instant messaging. So your argument could feasibly be "no site" offers much appeal.

Frankly in my opinion, not quite sure what the "appeal" of "real time communication" has to offer. It seems to be similar to what is called "phone sex". I always have comprehension difficulty in accepting "phone sex", it to me says "having sex with phones". You may enjoy getting yourself "off" with an electronic device. Nothing wrong in that, I do not guess. I rather enjoy having sex with people, human beings. And yes, I understand that people do get aroused and stimulated aurally. Not everyone does. Not everyone gets stimulated by touch either. Some enjoy both.

My point? I am not seeing your point that the site has lost value. I am not saying it had, has value. It may have and still may. I think we each make of it what we choose, like life. Excuse me for not following your way of reasoning. It seems circular, self defeated.

I guess what I was trying to say is that without the site having the chat component---which for me was one of the "legs" that made this site so attractive---and it has been a major frustration that this aspect of the site seems to be basically over and done---I did spend last night chatting on the other site and it was good to "see" some of those who once came here and are now there---like RockGarden, MarieDelta, GypsyRose, and others--including a few that used to come here but hadn't been here for a long time even before the chat started going down-----so I do like that other site quite a bit----it was nice to be able to chat with those I had not "spoken" with in a very long time.

Whether I am fully gone from the site or not---I cannot say but for chatting with my "biseuxal buds" both male and female who have gone there---I am sure gonna make that site a regular stop---at least or until this site gets the chat back up and running.

It has been sort of an interesting thing about this site---we have those who basically only posted on here and did not chat--maybe posted up on the blogs and did other things, and those who only chatted by never did anything else.

For me--I have always liked doing all that this site has to offer and that I was denied one of those things----well that just did not sit well with me and as I said---has been a major frustration that this major but not the only thing I came here for was essentially GONE!!! and I could not do a thing about it!

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltyV2.0 View Post
    I guess what I was trying to say is that without the site having the chat component---which for me was one of the "legs" that made this site so attractive---and it has been a major frustration that this aspect of the site seems to be basically over and done---I did spend last night chatting on the other site and it was good to "see" some of those who once came here and are now there---like RockGarden, MarieDelta, GypsyRose, and others--including a few that used to come here but hadn't been here for a long time even before the chat started going down-----so I do like that other site quite a bit----it was nice to be able to chat with those I had not "spoken" with in a very long time.

Whether I am fully gone from the site or not---I cannot say but for chatting with my "biseuxal buds" both male and female who have gone there---I am sure gonna make that site a regular stop---at least or until this site gets the chat back up and running.

It has been sort of an interesting thing about this site---we have those who basically only posted on here and did not chat--maybe posted up on the blogs and did other things, and those who only chatted by never did anything else.

For me--I have always liked doing all that this site has to offer and that I was denied one of those things----well that just did not sit well with me and as I said---has been a major frustration that this major but not the only thing I came here for was essentially GONE!!! and I could not do a thing about it!
    I comprehend what you mean. Perhaps, I ought to give more perspective regarding myself.

Having no sense of smell and by extension a limited sense of taste, my wife has learned I am easy to please.

"What do you want for supper", she asks.

"Food", I reply.

This universal train of thought carries over to web sites. I did go visit the new site, joined to look it over.

"What do you think of the new site, void", I read being asked.

"It's a site", I reply.

If I use the site's chatting feature or not seems irrelevant to me. If I post in the site's forum also seems irrelevant.

This site here has seemed to become on par with the new one you've guided us to see. They're both sites. "Ho hum", I sigh.

Think you'll notice I have stopped responding to a lot of the repeated queries here. I do not even bother suggesting anyone use a search engine. Why bother when sure enough, I'd need to repeat it again in three months? It would be the same on the new site as well.

So, "it's a site", is about as best I'm able to offer as far as an opinion. That may seem dreary, bland. Sorry. To me it simply is what it is. Do not intend malice, degradation of anyone. Maybe I have simply figured out that maturity thing. *shudders* I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    I do not feel the need to leave. But, I understand the reasons you do. Also, without chat, this site does seem close to needing hospice care. But, there are still some lively exchanges in the forum and I am more comfortable with this site because it is tolerant of those with strong opinions not shared by me. I wish you happiness and the new site to be good for you.
    Don't think I would want anybody to think you have to give up one site or the other site....and please excuse our excitement about the new site as it is like a new toy or breath of fresh air. We who miss chat now have a way to fulfill our needs while the potential to grow with a new site is also appealing...however I will keep both sites active as each has it attractions. And void has a very valid point...a site is just a site...this or any other. With that said, www.mysecretchoice.com is very friendly to all folks with the bi community the largest for now...Peace, Love, Dove