Register

Don't shoot me, but HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Since the chat room is apparently dead again for the foreseeable future--let me put up this post to wish everyone a combined Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza, Merry Meet for the Solstice and whatever other holiday that I might have missed that some of you celebrate at this time of the year.

Also--may the New Year be good for you and those important people in your life and that even if you cannot find "true happiness" (whatever the heck that might be)--may you at least be contented most of the time with your life and that if even if you are going through a "rough patch" right now---and that such a rough time passes soon so you can move forward into "a better place."

My title is kind of a "smart ass" way of making light of something that I think is just one of many, hot steaming pots of manure mixes out there----this one---"The War on Christmas"

When offering people greetings at this time of the year----I do try to either say "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" because of the fact that there are so many different holidays being celebrated at this time of year and it cannot be just assumed that those we meet are Christians or at least those who celebrate the secular holiday called christmas (which let's face it---in our modern culture---christmas is more of a secular holiday)--for me it's more a secular and family tradition holiday than a religious one.

Well--whatever--enough pontificating-----SEASON'S GREETINGS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to one and all!!

Merry Christmas, too!!!!

Re: Don't shoot me, but HAPPY HOLIDAYS

This just in: A report from FOX News' embedded reporter on the front lines in The War on Christmas, Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian Reports: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVok167KJPw

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltyV2.0 View Post
    Since the chat room is apparently dead again for the foreseeable future--let me put up this post to wish everyone a combined Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza, Merry Meet for the Solstice and whatever other holiday that I might have missed that some of you celebrate at this time of the year.

Also--may the New Year be good for you and those important people in your life and that even if you cannot find "true happiness" (whatever the heck that might be)--may you at least be contented most of the time with your life and that if even if you are going through a "rough patch" right now---and that such a rough time passes soon so you can move forward into "a better place."

My title is kind of a "smart ass" way of making light of something that I think is just one of many, hot steaming pots of manure mixes out there----this one---"The War on Christmas"

When offering people greetings at this time of the year----I do try to either say "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" because of the fact that there are so many different holidays being celebrated at this time of year and it cannot be just assumed that those we meet are Christians or at least those who celebrate the secular holiday called christmas (which let's face it---in our modern culture---christmas is more of a secular holiday)--for me it's more a secular and family tradition holiday than a religious one.

Well--whatever--enough pontificating-----SEASON'S GREETINGS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to one and all!!

Merry Christmas, too!!!!
    i think we're missing the point of holidays when people get all political about it. so thanks for the wishes & same to u & everybody here <3

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    i think we're missing the point of holidays when people get all political about it. so thanks for the wishes & same to u & everybody here <3
    Exactly. People who bring politics into everything like Christmas, and other holidays are annoying and it's pointless. Have a wonderful Christmas or Hanukkah if you celebrate it, and a happy new year.

Thanks, Volty. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, too.

And, for everyone here!

..and same 2 u Volty and Realist and every1 else... we vacate the city 2 day and zoom up north for Crimbo the whole family, plus a couple... tight squeeze but we will live, b merry and have fun! Bit edgy in case it snows on mountains.. Kate will want 2 scoot down hill on these ski things!! And the ski centre and slopes aren't cheap.. I may of course just do me snow bunny thing wile Kate and the kids do theirs... but best of all it will b ok if it snows and we r snowed in, but dont think the forecast will be that lucky for me... rain at wer we will b more likely... and snow on mountains.. sighhhhh.

Back home next Tuesday for Hogmanay and New Year... or as we wud call it, Ne'erday..(not me 'merican friends, New Years... we only have one New Year at a time!!) Will b up town for the city party on Hogmanay and for the bells at midnite and we r taking our eldest daughter for her first!! She has been on at us 2 take her for years.. but at 16 we think she is old enough now!!! Not 2 sure wether it is a gr8 idea 2 take her back for the party at me m8s house after... but ther r a number of kids around the same age coming and I am sure their parents will behave wiv decorum... as I have always done at such times and know the luffly Katherine shall...!!!
    Last edited by darkeyes; Dec 22, 2014 at 5:22 AM.

Happy Holiday's Everyone. I hope your holiday is good one.

'Blowjob'
    Cocksuckin' Eunuch

Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Happy New Year all! Sure, I'm not Christian, but I'm not the type to get offended if someone says, "Merry Christmas," or "God Bless you," to me. I take them in the spirit that they are meant, that they wish me well, and I wish them well back.

It's a unique and spirited bunch here, with a whole range of personalities, but I'm glad I found this site. Well wishes to everyone in the next year and beyond.

Love,
    Mel

Merry Christmas! Oh, you forgot one of my favorites, College Football Bowl Season!

Quote Originally Posted by mas8092 View Post
    Merry Christmas! Oh, you forgot one of my favorites, College Football Bowl Season!
    It is amazing--that even with the new college championship set up----there are more bowl games than ever!! with teams playing in some of them that have records less than .500.

I do like college "football" much better than the NFL though-----there are gonna be some great games--thanks for mentioning that part of the holiday season----something that many people probably celebrate even more intensely than they do the religious ones. I know people that have rooms in their houses decked out with all kinds of things that have their favorite team logo on them---pretty much any and EVERYTHING that one can imagine a logo can be put on---they have it for collegiate football. Many have some sort of vehicle that they go to games in---done in the team colors and emblems---with tailgating---before, during and after a game being a pretty serious affair for them.

The people who own the series of bulldogs that they call "UGA" for the University of Georgia---they are the Siler family of Savannah, GA and they have a car just for UGA to ride in comfort with special AC for the dog on the long ride from Savannah up to Athens, GA or other places they may take the dog such as a bowl game. The current vehicle is a Chevy Tahoe Full Sized SUV.

Here is a recent story about UGA that aired recently on CBS Sunday Morning: http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/meet-u...a-the-bulldog/

I'm with you, Volty. Very sensible. Best wishes to you and Happy Holidays to all!

It is amazing--that even with the new college championship set up----there are more bowl games than ever!! with teams playing in some of them that have records less than .500.

I do like college "football" much better than the NFL though-----there are gonna be some great games--thanks for mentioning that part of the holiday season----something that many people probably celebrate even more intensely than they do the religious ones. I know people that have rooms in their houses decked out with all kinds of things that have their favorite team logo on them---pretty much any and EVERYTHING that one can imagine a logo can be put on---they have it for collegiate football. Many have some sort of vehicle that they go to games in---done in the team colors and emblems---with tailgating---before, during and after a game being a pretty serious affair for them.

The people who own the series of bulldogs that they call "UGA" for the University of Georgia---they are the Siler family of Savannah, GA and they have a car just for UGA to ride in comfort with special AC for the dog on the long ride from Savannah up to Athens, GA or other places they may take the dog such as a bowl game. The current vehicle is a Chevy Tahoe Full Sized SUV.

Here is a recent story about UGA that aired recently on CBS Sunday Morning: http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/meet-u...a-the-bulldog/
    Love it, Volty! Being a Missouri Tiger fan, I just hang a tiger tail from my trunk. Although, when I was a kid, sometimes our good ole dog, Ruff, a Weimaraner, rode along as was more than happy to nap in the car. Never painted him black and gold. A snack and a blanket and he was happy. I miss those simpler days. I miss that dog.

Merry Christmas, Volty. Agree w/ Melody Dean here, not Christian but it doesn't bother me to respectfully observe a sense of Christian tradition. Oddly, I observe Taoist & Daddaist traditions as well. Guess I decorate my Christmas rice grain with toaster ovens, or old chevy parts. * wanders along to figure out the paradox of black holes eating guppies *

warm hugs from New Zealand and may your time with friends and family be a time to enjoy and remember.......

DD and I are going to be working thru xmas and new years, the gaming world does not stop for holidays...lol and game staff work is never done...

not sure what the next year will bring... the elderly gentleman that I care give for, is showing his age now, eyesight failing and all that.....and he may not be around next xmas.... tho hes been around about 10 years more than it was believed he would be and 84 is a good age to still be pretty independant and able to move around freely with limited assistance.... hopefully by then, DD will be back in NZ and we can finally take a break from the very long hours working on games, and spend a lil more time making the bed squeak...lol.....

be safe all of you please..... as the months go by, we seem to be saying a final and fond farewell to more and more people that we have shared our lives with or who have influenced our thinking and ways of living... and just today I heard that joe cocker had passed on as well....... so many people so many memories.....

hugs ya all
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

A question for everyone----are you like me in being in total amazement and disbelief that it is already another Christmas season and that another year is almost over???? It really is hard to believe that another end of year holiday season has rolled around again.

I guess it must be the case as I remember older relatives say when I was a kid--that the older you get---the faster the years seem to fly by.

Sure as heck seems that way to me now---how about you?

Every year goes by a little faster than the previous year.Kind of crazy.

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Jolly Kwanzaa! Best (belated) wishes for Bodhi Day!.............

Buenos Las Posadas! Good Pancha Ganapati!

Happy Newtonmas! Happy Hogmanay! (darkeyes especially!)

Yuletide greetings with warm wishes……………..

…….. and a Very Fine Feast of Alvis to ALL!

And for “The Rest of Us”……………

Last edited by BiBedBud; Dec 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM. Reason: Fixed spacing, added more BEST WISHES to an 'expectant' darkeyes! xoxo

A question for everyone----are you like me in being in total amazement and disbelief that it is already another Christmas season and that another year is almost over???? It really is hard to believe that another end of year holiday season has rolled around again.

I guess it must be the case as I remember older relatives say when I was a kid--that the older you get---the faster the years seem to fly by.

Sure as heck seems that way to me now---how about you?
    No, they seem much the same speed to me. But, now that I am a member of the older generation, I am still waiting to experience one of those "golden" years.
    JEM

(hugs/nuzzles)

I guess in all life there is both good and bad - up until a few days ago I couldn't wait for this year to be over, but now that I think about it - there were some good things that happened too.