Register

Thread: HIV AIDS today

HIV AIDS today

December 1 is world AID's Day.

This day of recognition goes back decades to the beginning of AID's when the epidemic's cause was not known well. Being told that you were HIV positive was a horrible death notice.

Today, people have a better chance of living for years if they have access to expensive drugs.

What do we have on Bisexual.com to show our sophisticated knowledge of HIV and AID's prevention?

We have a thread asking how many men enjoy another man ejaculating in his anus!!!!!!!!

Now, it doesn't explicitly state bareback but many of responses refer to it feeling good.

These posters ss who are stating that they enjoy a man ejaculating in their ass have no concern of getting HIV.

WHY?

What do people who are not posting think of this latest status of bisexual.com?

Do you believe that there is no need for safe anal sex by using condoms?
    ie
    We have drugs today that will prevent us from dying and so fuck away bareback.

How do you think that bi.com should acknowledge December 1? Should it ignore it like it often does for Bisexual Day?(what day is that?)
    Last edited by tenni; Nov 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Re: HIV AIDS today

This is a good Thread and should be brought to everyone's attention. I am in a open relationship with my girlfriend and condoms must be used by the other guy. I have been lucky but careless in the past, but now any guy that fucks me must wear a condom. I'm also lucky for not contracting STDs or HIV. I do want to get to know a guy first before sex. If he seems shady then there is no way he is fucking me, even with a condom. Thank you tenni for a real topic of discussion on the Thread board. It makes more sense than biased subjects or perverted polls.
    Last edited by JaredT77; Nov 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Yes always be careful. I too although not having as many male experiences as I would like have gone BB at times but only with some friends I had known and knew their health history. Of course that doesn't dictate whether they have an STD or not...good point

Quote Originally Posted by JaredT77 View Post
    This is a good Thread and should be brought to everyone's attention. I am in a open relationship with my girlfriend and condoms must be used by the other guy. I have been lucky but careless in the past, but now any guy that fucks me must wear a condom. I'm also lucky for not contracting STDs or HIV. I do want to get to know a guy first before sex. If he seems shady then there is no way he is fucking me, even with a condom. Thank you tenni for a real topic of discussion on the Thread board. It makes more sense than biased subjects or perverted polls.
    Seeing as how you have had unprotected receptive anal sex with guys as a passive bottom you probably are HIV+ or have another STD but are lying about it.

It's 2014, people know the risks from unprotected sex and how to have safer sex. It's their personal choice to have it, or not have it.

This is not the 1970s or early 1980s when lots of people were infected with HIV because they did not know what the disease was, how it was transmitted, and people claimed ignorance about having safer sex.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Nov 27, 2014 at 3:16 PM.

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving tenni,JustLuvin, and everyone else on Bisexual.com

There have been very many discussions about safe sex in past threads. In fact, so many posts recommended sexual safety beyond what would make sex enjoyable for me. Only, for the last month or more has one individual flooded the site with sex act questions and attack posting in threads started by others. The cumulative effect of this activity has significantly diminished discussion of threads started by anyone else. While I can ignore the direct active of this individual, It is sad to see how few threads started by others have any life on the main forum page before the torrent of garbage shoves them off. .
    When is bisexual day?I have noticed how it seems to be seeping into more of every day reality for me.

JEM

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    There have been very many discussions about safe sex in past threads. In fact, so many posts recommended sexual safety beyond what would make sex enjoyable for me. Only, for the last month or more has one individual flooded the site with sex act questions and attack posting in threads started by others. The cumulative effect of this activity has significantly diminished discussion of threads started by anyone else. While I can ignore the direct active of this individual, It is sad to see how few threads started by others have any life on the main forum page before the torrent of garbage shoves them off. .
    When is bisexual day?I have noticed how it seems to be seeping into more of every day reality for me.

We do need more meaningful Threads that point out serious issues, especially something like STDs and AIDS. However we do get people that post meaningless Threads and polls just so they can either attack you for your responses and/or jerk off like a pervert. Oh well. The best thing to do is ignore these people and not fall into their trap. I learned from my mistakes and now could care less what they say. I hate cyberbullies and too bad we have at least one individual on here. He's no longer worth my time and does not exist to me. Tenni, I commend you for bringing up a very important Thread.

Jem
    Bisexual Day is September 23 annually.

I don't think that I have seen Bisexual Day taken seriously on this site enough that people discuss or even wish each other Bisexual Day very often. In some respects it is a bit artificial unless the community that you live in has some recognition. I just think that it is strange even when the threads were full of serious issues that posts about GLBT day in the communities around June-July were pointed out but Bisexual Day was not. Those that were emersed in GLBT celebration seemed rarely (never?) to even post a thread about it near the day of .

Similarly, AIDS Day is rarely discussed here now and less in the mainstream but the gay movement does seem to get it some press. There was a time where I live that artist galleries and theatres would close on AIDS day in memory of those who had died. Those who had died that year had their name read out. Since the shocking deaths in large numbers have slowed down for more than a decade or two now, few galleries shut down for that day(December 1). Some are still doing it here in my area though(I'm an artists and in tune with these actions in the arts community)

I do recall where "know it alls" would warn/preach to a bi man that if he was having sex with another man that he should use protection to protect his wife etc. Now, we have almost no one pointing out the safety factor and guys seem to be making barebacking sound hot on here instead of life threatening dangerous. Times change but I don't think that glorifying cum in your arse by several guys should be praised. It should definitely not be glorified with no other person warning about HIV.

I guess when a disease is less shocking with so many deaths that we begin to ignore it and clearly some seem to think that barebacking is not even dangerous. There was a time when chasers were having bareback trying to get HIV. That seems to thankfully become less popular. Bisexual men have had a bad reputation as being the HIV spread from gay men to married women. This has recently been scientifically disproven as false. However, a new member or public reading some of the recent threads would think that bi men spread HIV by barebacking with multi partners shooting cum up a guy's butt.
    Last edited by tenni; Nov 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    Jem
    Bisexual Day is September 23 annually.

I don't think that I have seen Bisexual Day taken seriously on this site enough that people discuss or even wish each other Bisexual Day very often. In some respects it is a bit artificial unless the community that you live in has some recognition. I just think that it is strange even when the threads were full of serious issues that posts about GLBT day in the communities around June-July were pointed out but Bisexual Day was not. Those that were emersed in GLBT celebration seemed rarely (never?) to even post a thread about it near the day of .

Similarly, AIDS Day is rarely discussed here now and less in the mainstream but the gay movement does seem to get it some press. There was a time where I live that artist galleries and theatres would close on AIDS day in memory of those who had died. Those who had died that year had their name read out. Since the shocking deaths in large numbers have slowed down for more than a decade or two now, few galleries shut down for that day(December 1). Some are still doing it here in my area though(I'm an artists and in tune with these actions in the arts community)

I do recall where "know it alls" would warn/preach to a bi man that if he was having sex with another man that he should use protection to protect his wife etc. Now, we have almost no one pointing out the safety factor and guys seem to be making barebacking sound hot on here instead of life threatening dangerous. Times change but I don't think that glorifying cum in your arse by several guys should be praised. It should definitely not be glorified with no other person warning about HIV.

I guess when a disease is less shocking with so many deaths that we begin to ignore it and clearly some seem to think that barebacking is not even dangerous. There was a time when chasers were having bareback trying to get HIV. That seems to thankfully become less popular. Bisexual men have had a bad reputation as being the HIV spread from gay men to married women. This has recently been scientifically disproven as false. However, a new member or public reading some of the recent threads would think that bi men spread HIV by barebacking with multi partners shooting cum up a guy's butt.
    Tenni what's your point? You're the last person who should be posting about how to have safer sex, or saying that LGBT people should be having safer sex.

I've read how you did post about how you have had unprotected anal sex with multiple male parnters, and how you have an STD.

It's 2014, soon to be 2015. People have known how to have safer sex correctly for decades, and this is not the 1980's.

Who really cares what other people read or think based on reading threads here?

Some people do have safer sex, and others do not. I don't lose sleep over the fact that LGBT and hetero people don't always have safer sex as that's their choice to not have it, just as it's my choice to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredT77
    I hate cyberbullies and too bad we have at least one individual on here.
    Indeed, and it's not me.

Did you finally look in the mirror and read your own posts where you were a troll/cyberbully to myself and other people here?
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Nov 27, 2014 at 11:54 PM.

Just to clarify, I do not have anal sex nor participate in high risk sexual behaviour.

I have had unprotected anal sex as a top quite some time ago. I have never been an anal bottom.

I have had friends who are/were HIV pos but not as sexual partners. One artist friend became pos in 1989 and lived up until 2011 when he died of a heart attack. I know of artists who have died from AIDS but really only professionally.

My point in starting this thread was to bring AIDS day to the attention of members and ask them the questions that I posed. There is more rational sane reason to raise this issue that a series of rather perverted curiosity banal questions.

Just to clarify, I do not have anal sex nor participate in high risk sexual behaviour.

I have had unprotected anal sex as a top quite some time ago. I have never been an anal bottom.

I have had friends who are/were HIV pos but not as sexual partners. One artist friend became pos in 1989 and lived up until 2011 when he died of a heart attack. I know of artists who have died from AIDS but really only professionally.

My point in starting this thread was to bring AIDS day to the attention of members and ask them the questions that I posed. There is more rational sane reason to raise this issue that a series of rather perverted curiosity banal questions.
    Then you did have high risk sexual behavior since that's what unprotected anal sex, even as a top/active partner is.

But that was your choice.

Yes the medications work well at combating HIV and helping someone's immune system; but they are very toxic, and a person on them is more likely to die from a heart attack than AIDS or complications from HIV.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Nov 27, 2014 at 11:53 PM.

It's ok Tenni, you are still a wonderful human being and there is nothing wrong with that or the fact that you are bringing this issue to everyone's attention. And I'm proud of what I see in the mirror because I am a human being too.

I had written something and it disappeared. This is a shorter version. When my friend told me that he was HIV pos, he expected to die within one to four years even though he was not yet 40. He lived for over 20 years before he died of a heart attack. I wrote a blog here about my friend Robbert. I won't go into the detail of how he told me and how disturbing it was to get such news about a friend that I didnt even know was gay. He was a great respected poet and painter in Quebec. When he did finally die, he was in the age range when men do die of heart attacks even without HIV meds. I was happy for him that he lived much longer than he first feared. I know that he had some bad days but he had so many good days.

When I first found out about his status, the real cause of how you catch HIV was not clearly known. Rumours said that you get it from sharing eating utensils or even his toilet. Even though the toilet rumour had been refuted, I can remember being at his place and nervous about pissing in his toilet. I very cautiously lifted the toilet seat. I never ate a meal at his place but then that was not our custom. I drank out of his glasses even though the rumour said there was a risk. I was scared to do so but did it because I had heard the rumours were disproved and I believed in standing by him. Still...there was a lot of fear and discrimination against my friend and others. Friends did walk away from him in his early days of HIV pos.
    Last edited by tenni; Nov 28, 2014 at 12:49 AM.

I had written something and it disappeared. This is a shorter version. When my friend told me that he was HIV pos, he expected to die within one to four years even though he was not yet 40. He lived for over 20 years before he died of a heart attack. I wrote a blog here about my friend Robbert. I won't go into the detail of how he told me and how disturbing it was to get such news about a friend that I didnt even know was gay. He was a great respected poet and painter in Quebec. When he did finally die, he was in the age range when men do die of heart attacks even without HIV meds. I was happy for him that he lived much longer than he first feared. I know that he had some bad days but he had so many good days.

When I first found out about his status, the real cause of how you catch HIV was not clearly known. Rumours said that you get it from sharing eating utensils or even his toilet. Even though the toilet rumour had been refuted, I can remember being at his place and nervous about pissing in his toilet. I very cautiously lifted the toilet seat. I never ate a meal at his place but then that was not our custom. I drank out of his glasses even though the rumour said there was a risk. I was scared to do so but did it because I had heard the rumours were disproved and I believed in standing by him. Still...there was a lot of fear and discrimination against my friend and others. Friends did walk away from him in his early days of HIV pos.
    If he was on meds it was probably those that gave him the heart attack unless he was grossly overweight, out of shape, or did not eat a well balanced diet or other risk factors.

I'm sorry that your friend died; but this is no longer the 1980s. Lots of people are HIV+. If you're sexually active today, or were promiscuous in the past you probably have already had sex with an HIV+ woman or man.

I know people who are HIV+ and it doesn't change a thing about our friendship.

Did you ever come out to your friend as bisexual, or did you stay closeted/down low then? Or were you in denial about being bisexual then in the 80s?

FYI: The HIV drugs today are no doubt a wonder, but they have some rather gruesome side effects. The idea that living with HIV, even for a long time, can be carefree -- this is a falacious idea.

HIV meds are brutal, and you'll have to rotate through them because of resistance, toxicity, complications, interactions, etc.

Living with HIV might be possible, but it is a FAR CRY from being fully healthy.

Guard your health, peeps!

I would like to hear from someone here who has HIV and can tell us what that is like in this day and age. Anyone?

“I know people who are HIV+ and it doesn't change a thing about our friendship.”
    That is good. However, this is now and back in the late 80’s the fear was of the unknown causes of HIV. I don't think that the term "HIV" existed for me when he told me. The word "AIDS existed as I used it in a Call for an exhibition about social issues around 1988-1990. I don’t know what the general reaction is today when someone tells their friends that they are HIV pos or if people still discriminate against people who are pos. I know that I would not knowingly get into a sexual relationship who is pos. but certainly open to platonic friendship. In fact, I do know people who are pos. No one even discusses it with him unless he brings some point up. He creates art about it but you would not know that the art is about living with HIV unless you knew him. His artist statements make it clear though that the art is about living with HIV. He seems to have two themes in his art connecting to his HIV status. One is to create art using straight pins. He told me without prodding that it represents all the needles that he gets to be tested. He also uses commercial bandaids to represent the attempt to cover and heal his HIV. I just helped him videotape one performance art using bandaids.

“If you're sexually active today, or were promiscuous in the past you probably have already had sex with an HIV+ woman or man.”
    Although a good thought to keep in your mind if you are sexually active today, I think that this is closer to an urban myth. Reading the threads on this site about bare backing anal sex should make these guys more cautious but their words are there as a warning that there seems to be guys who talk about barebacking and enjoying it. So, the warning should be there to listen carefully before having sex let alone bare backing. I also don’t think that most bisexual men have anal sex let alone bareback anal sex frequently. I think that a lot of biguys talk and think about it though. I tend to avoid getting involved with a guy who talks a lot or actually says that he has anal sex. Everyone sets their own personal standards. Some guys who focus on anal sex do reject those who do not. I suspect that many men do not use condoms with women if the woman uses birth control..not sure that men think a lot about HIV when having sex with women. I hope that most of what is posted on this site is bullshit fantasies by guys jerking off as they type that they love to feel cum in their butt.

I think that it would be interesting if others shared stories about their friends who are HIV today. I doubt that if there is someone here who is HIV pos that they would feel comfortable disclosing on this site . If they do, it might be helpful to those who post about the feel of cum in their butts.
    Then again, they know that they are gambling and still seem to post about it.
    Last edited by tenni; Nov 29, 2014 at 10:52 AM.

“I know people who are HIV+ and it doesn't change a thing about our friendship.”
    That is good. However, this is now and back in the late 80’s the fear was of the unknown causes of HIV. I don't think that the term "HIV" existed for me when he told me. The word "AIDS existed as I used it in a Call for an exhibition about social issues around 1988-1990. I don’t know what the general reaction is today when someone tells their friends that they are HIV pos or if people still discriminate against people who are pos. I know that I would not knowingly get into a sexual relationship who is pos. but certainly open to platonic friendship. In fact, I do know people who are pos. No one even discusses it with him unless he brings some point up. He creates art about it but you would not know that the art is about living with HIV unless you knew him. His artist statements make it clear though that the art is about living with HIV. He seems to have two themes in his art connecting to his HIV status. One is to create art using straight pins. He told me without prodding that it represents all the needles that he gets to be tested. He also uses commercial bandaids to represent the attempt to cover and heal his HIV. I just helped him videotape one performance art using bandaids.

“If you're sexually active today, or were promiscuous in the past you probably have already had sex with an HIV+ woman or man.”
    Although a good thought to keep in your mind if you are sexually active today, I think that this is closer to an urban myth. Reading the threads on this site about bare backing anal sex should make these guys more cautious but their words are there as a warning that there seems to be guys who talk about barebacking and enjoying it. So, the warning should be there to listen carefully before having sex let alone bare backing. I also don’t think that most bisexual men have anal sex let alone bareback anal sex frequently. I think that a lot of biguys talk and think about it though. I tend to avoid getting involved with a guy who talks a lot or actually says that he has anal sex. Everyone sets their own personal standards. Some guys who focus on anal sex do reject those who do not. I suspect that many men do not use condoms with women if the woman uses birth control..not sure that men think a lot about HIV when having sex with women. I hope that most of what is posted on this site is bullshit fantasies by guys jerking off as they type that they love to feel cum in their butt.

I think that it would be interesting if others shared stories about their friends who are HIV today. I doubt that if there is someone here who is HIV pos that they would feel comfortable disclosing on this site . If they do, it might be helpful to those who post about the feel of cum in their butts.
    Then again, they know that they are gambling and still seem to post about it.
    No it's not an "urban myth" that a lot of people are HIV+ and that if you're sexually active today, or have been promiscuous in the last few decades that you have probably already had sex with someone that's HIV+, or who has another STD. This includes women too as a lot of women are HIV+ or have another STD and not just in certain African or SE Asian countries.

Just because you personally do not engage in any anal sex at all, does not mean that all or even most bisexual men are like this. I'd say that the majority of bisexual men do engage in anal sex. Who knows if it's safer, or not though? It's their choice to have it safer, or have bareback anal sex like you did with a man.

Let me be real with you: IF a man is a bottom/passive he's going to crave, and want cum up his ass. It's akin to a woman wanting to feel, and want cum in her pussy. It's someone's personal choice to do this, and all the PSA posts in the universe won't stop them as it didn't stop you from having unprotected sex with a man up his ass.

All of this should be common knowledge, unless you've been living under a rock for the past 30 years.

Yes, the below post about Canada just shows what I posted.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Nov 29, 2014 at 1:18 PM.

Mixed reports depending on whether HIV rates are looked at globally or Canadian.

There were more than 700 000 fewer new HIV infections globally in 2011 than in 2001. Africa has cut AIDS-related deaths by one third in the past six years.
    http://www.unaids.org/sites/default/...sults_en_1.pdf

The number of people living with HIV in Canada (prevalence) is increasing.
    According to 2011 national HIV estimates:
    • An estimated 71,300 Canadians were living with HIV at the end of 2011.
    • This represents an increase of 7,300 people (11%) since 2008.
    One quarter of people living with HIV in Canada are unaware that they have HIV.
    • An estimated 17,980 people living with HIV remained undiagnosed in 2011.
    • This represents 25% of the estimated number of people living with HIV.

The number of new HIV infections in Canada has remained stable in the past several years but is not insignificant.
    • An estimated 3,175 people became infected with HIV in Canada in 2011.
    • This is comparable to or slightly lower than the estimated 3,335 new infections in 2008.

http://www.catie.ca/en/fact-sheets/epidemiology/epidemiology-hiv-canada?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_conten t=en&utm_campaign=epidemiology%20of%20hiv

Coastocoast

One of the main things that is contributing to the increase in Canada stats is the rise in IV drug use. My good friend's daughter is among the statistics there. When it was discussed with the family they were told the drug crisis is a large contibuting factor via needle sharing and unprotected sex among users. So sad knowing that it can be prevented.

Regarding unprotected sex, they do have HIV testing, they even have an oral test that you can get over the counter (off the shelf) for about $40 (US) here now. There are ways to participate in activities that make them low risk, such as participating with a trusted partner., using a condom, low risk acts, clean toys..

Some people seem to have a perception that being bisexual means that you have an insatiable appetite for sex and are into all sorts of fetishes, I am not and I think there are probably other people on the board who feel the same way.

Frankly for many years sex was an afterthought, what I really wanted was simple acceptance and love.

I don't usually pay much attention to today World AIDS day but with the sick promotional questions going on this site it may be needed to be more vigilant.

It is sad that the promoter of this disease promotional behaviour still exists in 2014 to twist unsafe sex on this site. I see that at least one gallery in my province that I know about was planning an event today.
    https://www.visualaids.org/projects/...ribbon-project

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedRibbon_pin.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	31665
    Last edited by tenni; Dec 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM.

Here is another organization that originally dealt with HIV.

http://dignitasinternational.org/

A fellow artist who is HIV pos uses the bandaid image and today he posted it in the shape of the red ribbon.

Name:	HIV bandaid.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	31666
    Last edited by tenni; Dec 1, 2014 at 11:23 AM.

It is to bad that we do have some individuals who have to "muck things up" by making nasty or stupid sorts of comments even when we have serious topics of discussion on the site.

This is one of the "bummer" aspects of the site---I guess I should not let it get to me---but it does make me less inclined to post up such topics or even respond to ones that others post up not so much out of a sense of hopelessness regarding such posts, just that I am tired and weary of such posts.

That said--thanks for the posting and all the good discussion and sharing of some facts that we should all be aware of.

I am glad that we still do have such 'serious posts" on here.

living with HIV is a piece of cake now, as with any ailment, early diagnosis, and taking meds. they have it down to one pill a day, and if your body tolerates it, most do, you will live a long and healthy life. dying of the same ailments as most other people.

Name:	112614_hiv_life_expectancy.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	31677

"piece of cake" Not in Canada...... Today's news.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014...udy_shows.html

"While society has made great strides in helping people with HIV live longer, quality of life is another question, said Rourke, who is also the scientific and executive director of the Ontario HIV Treatment Network."

"
    Health problems experienced by people as they age can hit those affected with HIV up to 20 years earlier, Rourke explained. For example, they experience cardiovascular disease, cognitive brain injury and osteoporosis earlier. "

"Rourke said it is not unusual for the brain of a 50-year-old with HIV to look like that of someone aged 65 to 75 who does not have the virus.
    Older people with HIV are more likely than the general population to experience mental health problems, neurocognitive impairments and loss of friends and social networks, according to the research.

Pension plans and health-care facilities are not designed for, or expecting, people to have these issues at a younger age, Rourke noted. Geriatric physicians are not trained to work with HIV and those trained for HIV are not trained in geriatrics.

Meanwhile, some people remain jobless or in low-paying jobs so they can receive social assistance and government-funded drugs."

Last edited by tenni; Dec 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lanotme View Post
    living with HIV is a piece of cake now, as with any ailment, early diagnosis, and taking meds. they have it down to one pill a day, and if your body tolerates it, most do, you will live a long and healthy life. dying of the same ailments as most other people.

Name:	112614_hiv_life_expectancy.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	31677
    Are you HIV+?

I know people who are. Some tolerate the meds well, and the medications keep working for them.

Others who became HIV+ within the last few years were told by their doctors that they did not need to take any medications yet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I know I've got pole_fucko on my ignore list and I'm not supposed to be responding to his BULLSHIT, but FYI ALL his risky-sex is A-OK thread spam and forum trolling is WAY OFF!

Everyone infected with HIV goes through a 'prodromal period' when medicines would only provide side-effects and no benefits. This is NOT a reason to take HIV less seriously. As for tollerating the meds well........... that changes. What was once tollerable, increasingly becomes "intollerable" and by that I mean it is possible great suffering could ensue. Having the bones in your legs die, for example, is not unheard of. This is not the kind of side effect that will go away when meds are rotated. Many side-effects leave lasting damage to a person's body, and HIV IS NO PICNIC!

Peeps should show more compassion and understanding, and recognize that when things get really rough for AIDS sufferers, they typically *disappear from society* and stop showing-up at crowded locations like niteclubs where the likes of pole_fucko dances the weekends away while sniffing poppers. (Of course, he'll deny sniffing poppers, but also claims to know how they smell, so, that figures for pole_fucko, and it explains the apparent brain damage.)

Just because pole_fucko might conceivably know someone in real-life who is HIV+ and tollerating their meds for the time being; is no reason for anyone to drop their guard for HIV.

SOMETHING ELSE TO CONSIDER (slightly OT): While it may be true that *some* people nowadays are increasingly living longer, healthier lives, while HIV+; this is no reason to ignore or water-down safer sex practices. So, while it may be true that you can live 20+ years after getting diagnosed HIV+; and also statistically true that oral sex has a lower effective transmission rate for HIV than does other penetrative sex, YOU CAN STILL GET HEPATITIS C FROM SWALLOWING CUM and this could land you on the organ donor list within seven years.

With HEP-C, which is easilly transmitted during oral sex, if the infection is left undiagnosed/untreated, and/or if you can't find a matching liver in time, you're dead. That's typicaly within seven years, not the 20+ years until death that those idiotic "bug chasers" will try to allay HIV concerns with.

BEWARE: Advice from pole_fucko may be intended to make you sick!
    Last edited by BiBedBud; Dec 3, 2014 at 4:48 AM. Reason: Added bit about HEP-C.

^^^
    I've never said or claimed that risky sex is OK. But I'm realistic that people are still going to have it, and that posting about how you shouldn't do it, how you can get certain STDs, etc. isn't going to stop them from having it.

You can't get Hepatitis C from swallowing the cum of someone who has Hep C. It requires blood to blood contact for infection.

No I've never sniffed poppers. However I was around people who did in the 70s and early 80s since that's what people did at dance clubs then.

This is not the 1980s people who are HIV+ or who have AIDS can and do live full lives, and don't hide from society.

Not everyone that has Hep C needs a liver transplant, or needs to get one within 7 years or immediately.

Yes I do know people who are HIV+, and other people who have Hep C. However, I doubt that you do.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Dec 3, 2014 at 3:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    Then you did have high risk sexual behavior since that's what unprotected anal sex, even as a top/active partner is.

But that was your choice.

Yes the medications work well at combating HIV and helping someone's immune system; but they are very toxic, and a person on them is more likely to die from a heart attack than AIDS or complications from HIV.
    Pole smoker. I don't frequent this forum very often, but it is obvious by your posts and the threads that you start, you want to be the center of attention, regardless if it is "every one throwing shit your way." Class clown does get attention, but you really annoy most of the regulars on here. There are some that just ignore you. You are welcome to your own opinion, but perhaps you should curtail your attack on others.