Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Chat Finished?

I have heard a rumor that the chat has been discontinued permanently. Is that true? Any word from Drew?

Re: Is Chat Finished?

I hope is not gone !!!!! Have no heard a thing

I haven't heard a thing but its been down so long I would have to assume its done. Anyone know where to go chat?

If chat is gone for good, there, really, is no reason to come to this site. Chat was the best part of this site. I will miss it. Does anyone know of another bisexual site that has chat?

I think I want to hear something official before jumping ship. Not hearing anything of course doesn't bode well either. Is the site as a whole going to shrivel up and die or is it being maintained

I have wondered if the people who paid Drew are still able to make private rooms like they were able to before and perhaps only the free portion has been discontinued.

Then again, Drew might be on vacation somewhere and not aware there is even an issue. Patience.

Looks like Drew was last on Sep. 11th.

Could it be that they're not making enough money to keep this site going? I wonder how many people ever contribute to this excellent web site.

Quote Originally Posted by guynice View Post
    Could it be that they're not making enough money to keep this site going? I wonder how many people ever contribute to this excellent web site.
    There is another site which u can find chat rooms which is on lushstories.com. All different chat rooms which I think people here would enjoy.

There seems to be a migration going on. You would think the powers to be would quiet rumors but that doesn't seem to be happening. Ignoring the issue is fine but they still need to satisfy CCBill with member count. This site does not purge members that leave. Do some research.

I suppose I'll give it another couple of days before leaving the site for good.

Yes I agree. It'll be a shame.

I have not been active in chat. But, I do not think this site will survive without it. Just look at the decline in people on site when you login.
    JEM

Seems strange that we have not heard from Drew for so long. I hope Drew is okay.

It kind of seemed that for a time---they were trying to give the site a "kick in the pants" but that soon faded, then it was like the site basically got abandoned for all practical purposes save it finally disappearing.

I have only been going online periodically with my computer due to traveling, and my using a tablet to get online---which just didn't seem to work on here at all----it sure could not chat but I know that chat has been down for at least two weeks now. It does not seem that any attempt to bring it back up has been made. If this is the end of the site--even though its had its ups and downs, that I have been coming here for nine years now--must mean I do like it and will be sorry to see it go. If this is the end of the line for this site and one day soon it totally goes away---goodbye to everyone, good luck in your life and hopefully we can find somewhere else to go as an online community.

I miss chat I do hope it is not the end of it.

I think it's been at least 3 weeks. Is that about right?

I was once on a sexually oriented website for a number of years and then it went out of existence. However the site owners were nice enough to find another closely related site and migrated all of us who wanted to move to go there before the original site went out of business. That way we could stay in contact with all the friends we had made. I wonder if that could happen here.

Hello All,

I have not been very active in nearly year. Much has been going on in my life. Mother in Law moved to elderly housing, husband found job in the city and is moving there for the winter. I am doing well but have to have a new knee. I am giving this update because I have been SO lucky to have found this site which changed my life nearly ten years ago. I hope this site continues, if it does not, anyone interested can email me at twowhocare@Comcast.net.

Belle

Hello all... Is there another good relatively anonymous site to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitfun View Post
    Hello all... Is there another good relatively anonymous site to go to?

I don't know of any myself---I hope that we can find one. I don't really have time right now to go and do too much searching for one--but will start looking as time allows and share if I do find one----I hope others will do the same.

I only found this site just a few weeks ago. This was exactly what I was looking for but was a little disappointed that the active membership seemed be slowly dwindling over the last year. This was the top site in my search that had a decent forum. Not sure where everyone has been going to but I'd like to know.

I tried Lushstories.com this morning- actually chatted w seagrit- Not as easy to move around as bisexual.com.

Will keep checking back here.

Coastocoast

In recent times the site has been plagued by trolls and those who over post. I never understood why administrators for other sites limited new member posting privileges until now. When you see members seriously dominating the board in the first days of joining older members lose interest in the site due to the loss of diversity. The site may survive but it is circling the drain and in danger at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastocoast View Post
    In recent times the site has been plagued by trolls and those who over post. I never understood why administrators for other sites limited new member posting privileges until now. When you see members seriously dominating the board in the first days of joining older members lose interest in the site due to the loss of diversity. The site may survive but it is circling the drain and in danger at the moment.
    I do not feel that way about new members exuberance. They inject some life into discussions and will eventually calm down or go viral and get banned.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by AGuyIKnow View Post
    I only found this site just a few weeks ago. This was exactly what I was looking for but was a little disappointed that the active membership seemed be slowly dwindling over the last year. This was the top site in my search that had a decent forum. Not sure where everyone has been going to but I'd like to know.
    Many have gone to living lives away from computing. In fairness there are a good few who do computing as daily professional work, or have it entrenched in their work. This leaves these folks with a need of unplugging and enjoying life.

There are others, like myself, who drift away as life calls as well. I get busy with odd jobs for the home, family. Recently a big project has been some major landscaping, now hand done landscaping, and preparing to attain city water. Also been helping with mowing, firewood. *chuckles* <sarcasm> Of course, I also make time to clean, sight in and keep in practice with all my many guns. </sarcasm>

Also, some of us more seasoned site haunts, well, we see the site's player piano script rolling round and round. That is to say, we've seen and participated in a lot of various threads here what seem to continually repeat. We just don't see need, have desire to offer rehashes of so oft repeated discourse. This is not meant as an attack, or being rude. Search engines exist for a purpose, you can search this site adequately with Google for instance and find your question or one very near it in the archives. Again, not an attack or meant as rude.

So we frequent haunts do that, we haunt, lurk at times. Sometimes we do read, we do respond, sometimes. If you do any fishing you'll understand this simple analogy. We're like the big lunker bass, you just got to entice us, catch the right wind, hope we're in the right mood to read and respond. Please don't be offended if it seems you are ignored. You may not be being ignored but rather brushed by in swimming with the stream of living. It honestly is nothing personal.

Then you have a group what are gone because of various reasons in regards to the site. Some leave because of membership issues brought on at the first of the year. A few leave because the chat is down a lot. Some get ruffled over differing opinions, ideas and leave. And yeah, unfortunately some leave because life leaves them. I guess ultimately you could say life draws us here and away as it needs, desires. We are but its humbled servants. Be welcome here though. If you have troubles, Drew is the Big Cheese. That's not saying you go hollering at him over a hang nail, but he is always around if truly needed. He is sweetheart and a fair guy too. Luvs ya Drew.

Well, that life thing ... *ambles off chuckling*

Quote Originally Posted by guynice View Post
    Drew has other web sites which are highly commercial ventures. These sites provide adult entertainment which fares very well bringing in revenue. Running a now half paid, half free site like this one would not be a gross financial burden. Even running the site as a free site would not be a burden given he has, or is party to about three other revenue generating sites if I recall correctly.

Most of the software used in the technical aspects of hosting this site is freely available with open source license. This means he can pay nearly nothing for the software, or maybe even nothing. Offer some extra benefits to a volunteer web designer, volunteer coder for the programming aspects, it is feasible all he would need to pay for is hardware, domain registration, bandwidth. These costs are still reasonably affordable as far as I'm aware. And the volunteers of course could work part time, maybe even as a team of three or four designers and three or four coders.

Having knowledge of the designing, hosting aspects is part of why I chose remaining a free member. Why pay for what can be created and done freely? That is not say I do not appreciate the time and work Drew does here. I genuinely do appreciate it. I am merely looking at it objectively and realistically, seeing no need to paid for added features which I really would not use much anyway. But YMMV and this is only mho, not saying I'm correct or even seeing the whole picture.

Chat here on bisexual.com was hosted by OpenChat (which I use myself on a private website). Openchat was completely down and off the air when the chat here failed (I had come here to see if it was just me or if it had failed here too). OPenchat went back up about 2 days later, so no clue why it i not back up here... Openchat is not inexpensive for the level we had here.

But I guess we wait for Drew

I wonder if the drop here has much to do with the chat program. I don't use it much and it's not because I don't like to chat, I love to. Here it seems the main room is just a select few people. I have tried to get involved, I have seen others put out something and it's like the room turns it's back on whomever wants to join the club. The private chat is pretty good but most people I chat with here seem to be balancing their books, cooking dinner, watching tv, and oh yea, chatting. I'm stuck here, in front of my pc, waiting.

Anyway, I've been looking around for another site. If you aren't graphic in posts and are just starting to discover this part of yourself, I suggest shybiguy.com . It's moderated pretty heavy so if you judge or are vulgar, they ban you. No chat there last time looked but great support for bi curious guys.