Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Is Chat Finished?

Stick a fork in it. Its done.

I thought that perhaps "Drew" would at least respond in some fashion to a message to him via ThreePillows--but its been a few days and of course---NOTHING---so I guess the site is running on "auto-pilot"----Oh well--I guess we will just keep limping along here as the site now is---at least its not been shut down.

I do hope that if whoever runs/owns this site decides to kill it--they at least will let us know before that happens and they don't just simply go and pull the plug without some advance word…….I guess we do have to consider that this is a very real possibility though.

We've basically given up on this entire site. It's just not as lively as we'd like, the choices are slim unless you can travel far. For two we certainly would, but the one disappeared. We're sticking with Redclouds.

Interesting that Drew updated his domain info in Sept. The domain is renewed until 2018. Hardly think he would have done that if he was leaving it. Let's just hope he is not sick or hospitalized. I think that if and when he does return, it might be suggested that he have a backup administrator.

Domain Name: BISEXUAL.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1890128_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
    Registrar URL: http://tucowsdomains.com
    Updated Date: 2014-09-24 10:24:22
    Creation Date: 1996-01-09 05:00:00
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-01-08 05:00:00

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    One site I go to recently became a non-profit org and that has scam written all over it.
    Isn't part of becoming non-profit being that you do not accept money from members? You are no longer accepting money as profit. You may be accepting volunteer hours to serve a charity like [Insert Noble Cause], to do [ Insert Worthy Task Here ], but are not taking money. The only way I see that as being a scam may be in a manner to foster taxation benefits.

I guess you may not approve of organizations like United Way having Big Brother's & Big Sisters, which helps youths have inspiration for better futures, have a break and not need to pay taxes. Maybe you dislike the services offered freely by the Red Cross as they do not pay taxes? You may even get mortified your church or tabernacle doesn't need to pay taxes on its annual bake sale to raise money for a new set of hymnals.

If I am reading something incorrectly, please do elucidate for me with better articulation. And sure, I'll even accept a "fuck the Bozos" answer. Having trouble getting a sense of your meaning. *kicks the words out of the way*

So in summary, we have come up with no other viable chat alternatives on which to meet? Tribe is now full of spammers and creepy people, and lush stories and bisexual playground are too colorful and have busy/difficult interfaces ... ?

Is there nowhere on the world wide web we could reconvene for chat?

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post
    Isn't part of becoming non-profit being that you do not accept money from members? You are no longer accepting money as profit. You may be accepting volunteer hours to serve a charity like [Insert Noble Cause], to do [ Insert Worthy Task Here ], but are not taking money. The only way I see that as being a scam may be in a manner to foster taxation benefits.

I guess you may not approve of organizations like United Way having Big Brother's & Big Sisters, which helps youths have inspiration for better futures, have a break and not need to pay taxes. Maybe you dislike the services offered freely by the Red Cross as they do not pay taxes? You may even get mortified your church or tabernacle doesn't need to pay taxes on its annual bake sale to raise money for a new set of hymnals.

If I am reading something incorrectly, please do elucidate for me with better articulation. And sure, I'll even accept a "fuck the Bozos" answer. Having trouble getting a sense of your meaning. *kicks the words out of the way*
    On the site I mentioned they did not force people to donate money. They just said how they needed money, and claimed that now that it's a non-profit org that the money would be put to good use if people wanted to donate some to them. But in reality they're using the non-profit status as a way to get money, then use their non-profit as a tax shelter so they don't have to pay taxes on any of the money that people donate.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Oct 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbb83 View Post
    If no one can contact Drew, who's running the site?
    He's still here. His profile shows he was on the site today at around 6pm if that means anything.

I sent an email to Drew on his personal email that is on this site

On the site I mentioned they did not force people to donate money. They just said how they needed money, and claimed that now that it's a non-profit org that the money would be put to good use if people wanted to donate some to them. But in reality they're using the non-profit status as a way to get money, then use their non-profit as a tax shelter so they don't have to pay taxes on any of the money that people donate.
    *nodding* Can see how that would maybe come to be seen as a scam. If they were proven to simply be pocketing money. "Oh ha ha, the good use was in padding our own personal accounts." Would hazard though to avoid saying it publicly without evidence. 'Course I see you are not saying it, rather saying their are some who might do something like that. You wily old pro, you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy_Rose View Post
    So in summary, we have come up with no other viable chat alternatives on which to meet? Tribe is now full of spammers and creepy people, and lush stories and bisexual playground are too colorful and have busy/difficult interfaces ... ?

Is there nowhere on the world wide web we could reconvene for chat?
    Try reading this a bit. You may find it of use. You may not, too. I really am not sure as it is truly a matter of personal taste/s. A person could always try IRC, if they could gather folks from here to a common server, and a common room. But IRC may not exactly be on the world wide web, as the world wide web is defined. It is though on the Internet. And yes, if you look it up, there are subtle differences. The world wide web is a layer of the Internet, Usenet, FTP, Gopher are other layers of the Internet, and yes there are world wide web gateways to IRC available.

Coastocoast

As a person who has worked tireless hours for a non-profit, they may solicit money from members and outside entities so long as the money is used strictly to support the expenses of the cause. If you were to start a non-profit for say a woman's shelter donations could be used to house, feed and help the women it is assisting and pay for other costs including a website to provide information. Any non-profit that is organized in the US is subject to auditing procedures to ensure the funds are properly used, outside the US the laws would vary. I do not understand the situation with this site but I suspect that rather than something sinister the drain on his time and resources exceeds the ability for the site to support itself. Drew's sudden absence makes me wonder if the site will shut down in the near future probably due to financial reasons. It is a shame since there are few sites where we can get together and talk about the problems, opportunities and meet with other bisexuals. I was a member of another site for several years. It became obvious that open discussion was nonexistent as they banned people quickly for hinting that other sites existed or for any criticism of the site. Drew walked a fine line giving people the benefit of the doubt and allowing open discussion while maintaining some type of order. He did a better job at it than I would have, even while I disagreed at times. My usual statement is if it were that bad at work or somewhere that I hung out at, I would be gone so my presence speaks for the situation. I seriously hope the site makes a comeback but the silence as of late has had me doubtful. Drew if you are around check in and let us know you are OK and what is going on. If anyone comes up with plan B please speak up and let us know. Thanks.
    Last edited by Coastocoast; Oct 17, 2014 at 9:59 AM.

*nodding* Can see how that would maybe come to be seen as a scam. If they were proven to simply be pocketing money. "Oh ha ha, the good use was in padding our own personal accounts." Would hazard though to avoid saying it publicly without evidence. 'Course I see you are not saying it, rather saying their are some who might do something like that. You wily old pro, you.
    It's the site bluelight. There's a section of the message board that's not about drugs at all, a section for people who don't use drugs by choice, and even a message board about sexuality; but it's a site about drugs where the majority of people who go there use illegal drugs including a lot of admins/moderators, and the original site owner.

If it's a small local church and they're not affiliated with a mega church, or the Roman Catholic church or Vatican then I'm OK with them having their tax exempt status. The same goes for a small Synagogue that's not associated with Israel, or Zionist politics. Or a mosque or Hindu temple that's not extreme in politics or associated with a world government.

It's the site bluelight. There's a section of the message board that's not about drugs at all, a section for people who don't use drugs by choice, and even a message board about sexuality; but it's a site about drugs where the majority of people who go there use illegal drugs including a lot of admins/moderators, and the original site owner.

If it's a small local church and they're not affiliated with a mega church, or the Roman Catholic church or Vatican then I'm OK with them having their tax exempt status. The same goes for a small Synagogue that's not associated with Israel, or Zionist politics. Or a mosque or Hindu temple that's not extreme in politics or associated with a world government.
    Well, I recently learned there are two types of users as far as drugs, nicotine, alcohol go. You have addicts. They can not help themselves as they have both physical and psychological dependency on the substance. Then you have those dependent, or dependents on a substance. Normally, you can see these types look for a way to have a moderated and even delivery of a substance. They do not need as direly, perhaps.

I know from experience of being nicotine dependent, it was easy to give up tobacco cigarettes. They offered a quick and powerful fix of nicotine which as it was not sustained, left you craving another cigarette right after finishing one. I vape now and maybe take a ten minute break every two to four hours. My wife says she thinks I vape all day. But there is a difference, I am getting sustained, clean nicotine. I enjoy the flavoring of the liquid I use, seems I graze or vape all day to her. I do not have a psychological need of the nicotine. Sure it keeps me stable physiologically but therein is the difference between addict and dependent.

Addicts would sell both kidneys for a fix spontaneously. Dependents would be smarter, find a more affordable means, more stable fix.
    So, I understand what you're driving at. Junkies setting up a non-profit to feed a need. Not really a good call or good form on their part. Hopefully, an audit can track what's shaking. Many ways to be discrete regarding audits, ways to conceal etc, so on.

I agree with you regarding smaller religious groups. Also like it when there are secular groups doing similar work, either in conjunction with religious groups or on their own. One group I read about recently was a prominent biker gang, one of the more hard core types, coming round as protectors for victims of child abuse. The bikers show up and get between the abuser and the victim/s, some carry firearms, most are just big ugly, grizzly old dogs that sure as hell intimidate folks. They're set up as a non-profit, secular but if you're a praying biker you're just as welcome to help. They bring the children teddy bears, dolls, groovy biker jackets and even offer some mentoring if appropriate.

The world needs the light, of that I'm sure and agree. Shame we have to take the dark with it but so far we here at "Grand Wizard University" have yet to sort how to unchain the two, at least not without adverse side affects (see fine print below).

If you can read this you're too close. Side effects include but are not limited to, cynicism, sarcasm, morbid irony. Take as directed, or more if needed. Consult no one, not even a doctor regarding this medication. It is a medicine known as reality and humanity. Often when experiencing life, we realize it is difficult and look to others for solutions. All anyone else can sell you is snake oil! Look to yourself for the solution, you made the mess after all. Void where prohibited. All warranties expressed, implied, subtext or transplanted from alternate dimensions do not count except on every third Tuesday of Calvin Ball. Go on!

PS: Yes, I too am learning, growing, living. I have began looking inward for help. It is there but at times I still stub my toes on the furniture. Lot of dark rooms in this attic. Good I keep bringing more candles and matches.
    Last edited by void(); Oct 17, 2014 at 5:43 PM.

Well this has all been a good read and don't know about ya'll, but after almost 4 years here I see the Chat scat & Drew flew as a sign telling me to go 'dormant' from here. I'd rather be away from a ship when it goes under than be on it, cause then it seems like it'd be kinda creepy having all my things here suddenly whisked away into some digital bizzaro world. All is nearly deleted now anyway and Sunday will be my day to exit. Timing couldn't be better for me anyway. I had already been headed for a hiatus for the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by manhatten View Post
    Well this has all been a good read and don't know about ya'll, but after almost 4 years here I see the Chat scat & Drew flew as a sign telling me to go 'dormant' from here. I'd rather be away from a ship when it goes under than be on it, cause then it seems like it'd be kinda creepy having all my things here suddenly whisked away into some digital bizzaro world. All is nearly deleted now anyway and Sunday will be my day to exit. Timing couldn't be better for me anyway. I had already been headed for a hiatus for the last few months.
    Understand the sentiments you express. I have been dallying here too much of late, yet it has been a bit intriguing.
    Also been having a little more down time as the garden has been plowed under. Of course, that is swapped out for
    dealing with firewood, pellets for pellet stove. Have some hope to see a mild Winter here. We recently did some major
    grounds work and am unsure how the snow, ice shall be in regards to more leveled slopes. Please keep yourself safe.
    Maybe we can all stop in from time to time, that is if things are more positive than nought.

Understand the sentiments you express. I have been dallying here too much of late, yet it has been a bit intriguing.
    Also been having a little more down time as the garden has been plowed under. Of course, that is swapped out for
    dealing with firewood, pellets for pellet stove. Have some hope to see a mild Winter here. We recently did some major
    grounds work and am unsure how the snow, ice shall be in regards to more leveled slopes. Please keep yourself safe.
    Maybe we can all stop in from time to time, that is if things are more positive than nought.
    Haha, I thought the 'garden being plowed under' was a metaphor and thought it an interesting way to say something else entirely, but the talk of a pellet stove and firewood brought me back to reality. Yes, not looking forward to winter myself as by day I am a handyman and winter always kills me financially. To wit, I was just served papers the other day attributed to such a falling over the last several winters and looks like I will have to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy within a few weeks.
    I suppose Drew could be going thru something similar or much worse and doesn't want to advertise his demise to the masses here and that is somewhat understandable, otherwise he might feel he'd fast-forward a mass exodus or create himself new financial problems from those members who paid into this site. If that were the case maybe he doesn't realize or have a little faith that possibly there are also those here who may offer a little financial incentive to keep this site here and working properly. All conjecture tho, and so doesn't change my mind on my next move.
    I've also started backing out of the other sites I am on, but will remain there longer than I am here, should anyone care to keep in contact. 2 of them:
    xhamster - RachelMichaels812
    xtube - RachelMikel

Well, I recently learned there are two types of users as far as drugs, nicotine, alcohol go. You have addicts. They can not help themselves as they have both physical and psychological dependency on the substance. Then you have those dependent, or dependents on a substance. Normally, you can see these types look for a way to have a moderated and even delivery of a substance. They do not need as direly, perhaps.

I know from experience of being nicotine dependent, it was easy to give up tobacco cigarettes. They offered a quick and powerful fix of nicotine which as it was not sustained, left you craving another cigarette right after finishing one. I vape now and maybe take a ten minute break every two to four hours. My wife says she thinks I vape all day. But there is a difference, I am getting sustained, clean nicotine. I enjoy the flavoring of the liquid I use, seems I graze or vape all day to her. I do not have a psychological need of the nicotine. Sure it keeps me stable physiologically but therein is the difference between addict and dependent.

Addicts would sell both kidneys for a fix spontaneously. Dependents would be smarter, find a more affordable means, more stable fix.
    So, I understand what you're driving at. Junkies setting up a non-profit to feed a need. Not really a good call or good form on their part. Hopefully, an audit can track what's shaking. Many ways to be discrete regarding audits, ways to conceal etc, so on.

I agree with you regarding smaller religious groups. Also like it when there are secular groups doing similar work, either in conjunction with religious groups or on their own. One group I read about recently was a prominent biker gang, one of the more hard core types, coming round as protectors for victims of child abuse. The bikers show up and get between the abuser and the victim/s, some carry firearms, most are just big ugly, grizzly old dogs that sure as hell intimidate folks. They're set up as a non-profit, secular but if you're a praying biker you're just as welcome to help. They bring the children teddy bears, dolls, groovy biker jackets and even offer some mentoring if appropriate.

The world needs the light, of that I'm sure and agree. Shame we have to take the dark with it but so far we here at "Grand Wizard University" have yet to sort how to unchain the two, at least not without adverse side affects (see fine print below).

If you can read this you're too close. Side effects include but are not limited to, cynicism, sarcasm, morbid irony. Take as directed, or more if needed. Consult no one, not even a doctor regarding this medication. It is a medicine known as reality and humanity. Often when experiencing life, we realize it is difficult and look to others for solutions. All anyone else can sell you is snake oil! Look to yourself for the solution, you made the mess after all. Void where prohibited. All warranties expressed, implied, subtext or transplanted from alternate dimensions do not count except on every third Tuesday of Calvin Ball. Go on!

PS: Yes, I too am learning, growing, living. I have began looking inward for help. It is there but at times I still stub my toes on the furniture. Lot of dark rooms in this attic. Good I keep bringing more candles and matches.
    OK, on the site bluelight I mentioned the admins/moderators and site owners that use drugs are not just into smoking tobacco, weed, drinking booze, and sometimes taking psychedelic mushrooms, or actual LSD. Some are into meth, heroin, coke, opiate based painkillers, benzos, Ketamine, fake cannabis that was or can be legal and highly addictive in some places called k2, spice, JWH, taking random pills that are supposed to be either MDMA or MDA but who knows what is really in them, and various research chemicals that are legal that if someone wants to get legally and take them they easily can.

To get back on topic, Yahoo Messenger is a very good PM chat platform. It does not have chatrooms, but it's free and easy to dl and use and it has a good cam capability. I and several other regs and semi-regs from this site have been chatting there in PMs. Anyone who has a YM account or creates one, feel free to look me up there under this same handle and request me as a contact. There is another site, swinglifestyle.com, which is free to join. It primarily caters to swinging couples and singles. Free members have less privileges (ie limited emails and pic viewing) than the paid members (kinda like this site), but overall it is a good free site. You can search for local bi people and many of them are not only looking for couples or group sex, but for other local solo bi playmates as well. The chatrooms are free and there are usually chatrooms open for bi men, women and couples. The only chat restriction is that free members may not create new rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by manhatten View Post
    Haha, I thought the 'garden being plowed under' was a metaphor and thought it an interesting way to say something else entirely, but the talk of a pellet stove and firewood brought me back to reality.
    *rereads what he wrote, chuckles* Ah, gotcha. Wish it were a euphemism. Although if my boyfriend were hung that well, I would be in serious trouble. He might be too.

I am a house hubbay, being in the rural area that likens me to Mr. Odd Jobs. Been tending my father-in-law's wood stove this past week. He recently had a surgery and is a bit incapacitated. That is not euphemistic either. We have been having a rainy Autumn here. It bodes not well for folks what draw the dampness to their core. A good wood stove fire is almost a need.

Back to topic, Yahoo Messenger does have rooms. They are not worth much consideration though. You have to deal with too many bots and the rooms are topic based, set by Yahoo. The best way around that is setting up your own rooms, which you can password lock if I recall correctly. Let those you want to invite to a room know when, password.

ICQ is still around as well. It hosts chat rooms, or you can do similar to Yahoo, roll your own. Google of course offers a Jabber protocol based client, Google Talk. I have not really tried the roll your own room technique with it. Not sure if you can. Possibly last resort but Facebook has chat. IRC is still around too. Plenty of choices out there.

I miss the chat! What happened?
    Without life there is no laughter... Without laughter there is no life

Quote Originally Posted by rdy2go View Post
    I miss the chat! What happened?
    We thought you knew.

I still check here occasionally, hoping the chat might magically return. I guess not.