Register

DOES ORAL SEX LEAD TO THROAT CANCER

I have heard that many people in a town are suffering from throat cancer.on investigation it was revealed that many of them are into oral and hence cancer.i could only think of micheal dogulos.is it true?i would like to know the members views?

Re: DOES ORAL SEX LEAD TO THROAT CANCER

Well this is a new one. I don't think you're going to get cancer from oral sex. Well, unless maybe if it's on fire. There's nothing in precum or cum that is harmful in any way. You can of course verify this on thousands of medical sites or your doctor.

I have a feeling that when Michael Douglas got throat cancer, someone asked him how? He probably joked and said eating pussy. And so a urban legend begins. Now think about it, do you know who he is married to? It is funny because an article a few years back on HD noted he looked the worst under HD, but Catherine Zeta-Jones was noted as the most improved under HD. I don't think he had to worry about her giving him cancer, a heart attack maybe, but not cancer.

Wow....I hope that's not true

If that were true, Id be long gone by now. Or talking thru a voice box.

It can but you have to have sex with someone that has HPV (Human papillomavirus) and get infected by them.

If you have HPV in your throat or in your mouth due to oral sex you would notice the growths or a medical professional would when they examine you.

When I go to the dentist or doctor I have them look in my mouth, throat, and touch my neck and that's what they've told me when I asked about it.

I do not have HPV and I have never been vaccinated for the disease.

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditio...first-symptoms
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Sep 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM.

I don't think so. Cum is actually full of calcium and good for skin. I agree that people can get cancer from a partner if he is already carrying a virus.

Thank you pole smoker for a reply with merit. I have a very good friend who contracted HPV with the herpes virus he contracted due to contact with an Asian hooker. Apparently there are many variations of the HPV virus but only one or two that can cause cancer. He apparently had the variation that caused cancer because he developed cancer in his lymph nodes. (Neck and tonsils) He was diagnosed and treated and has recovered but the risk of return remains. His cancer was directly related to the HPV variation that he carried.

In most Canadian provinces, the HPV vaccine is given to both boys and girls around the age of 12. Originally, only girls were given the free vaccine but it became clear that boys could pass the HPV virus to girls and now we read about the throat cancer issue. The vaccine must be given before the person has become sexually active. There continues to be pockets of resistance of religious and moral grounds to not give the vaccine.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/09...e-marital-sex/

The main way to get throat cancer from oral sex is if you contract a viral STD from doing so. Fungal and bacterial infections can also cause it, but it's less likely. As people have mentioned, HPV is the main culprit - and the strain that causes cancer the most is the same one that shows no symptoms - you simply won't know if you have it or not without someone taking a sample of your flesh and testing it. Herpes is the other main culprit.

I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in my right tonsil in 2009. I underwent a tonsillectomy followed by chemo and radiation and achieved remission. In 2014 the cancer returned on the far back of my tongue and in part of my throat nearby. In April I underwent a 10 hour surgery to remove the effected parts of my tongue and the tongue was reconstructed using a postcard-sized piece of muscle taken from my thigh. To my knowledge I have never had HPV. I probably did have the virus at some point and never even knew it, as the immune system often defeats the virus without ever showing any symptoms at all. The majority of sexual encounters I have had were with women so odds are I got it from one of them. The fact that these cancers are hardly common leads me to believe that same sex unprotected oral sex is probably not going to give you cancer. Is the risk zero? No. All one can do is be informed and decide how much risk they can tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaught View Post
    I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in my right tonsil in 2009. I underwent a tonsillectomy followed by chemo and radiation and achieved remission. In 2014 the cancer returned on the far back of my tongue and in part of my throat nearby. In April I underwent a 10 hour surgery to remove the effected parts of my tongue and the tongue was reconstructed using a postcard-sized piece of muscle taken from my thigh. To my knowledge I have never had HPV. I probably did have the virus at some point and never even knew it, as the immune system often defeats the virus without ever showing any symptoms at all. The majority of sexual encounters I have had were with women so odds are I got it from one of them. The fact that these cancers are hardly common leads me to believe that same sex unprotected oral sex is probably not going to give you cancer. Is the risk zero? No. All one can do is be informed and decide how much risk they can tolerate.
    Do you drink alcohol? Do you smoke? Do you use drugs? All of those cause throat cancer.
    Last edited by pole_smoker; Sep 23, 2014 at 4:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    Do you drink alcohol? Do you smoke? Do you use drugs? All of those cause throat cancer.
    Yes I did smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol and, until earing about the HPV link from my Oncologist, would have thought that cased my cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaught View Post
    Yes I did smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol and, until earing about the HPV link from my Oncologist, would have thought that cased my cancer.
    Ask your oncologist. I know a guy who is an alcoholic who still drinks a lot frequently, smokes pot, and who used cocaine for decades and he got throat cancer from these.

I hear thinking about oral sex give you brain cancer............

Quote Originally Posted by lanotme View Post
    I hear thinking about oral sex give you brain cancer............
    It just gives me a boner.

I know some men who; because of the very large number of people who have herpes and/or HPV get, or give oral sex with condoms on.