Register

View Poll Results: Would you have sex with an HIV+ person?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 2.38%
  • no

38 90.48%
  • I already have

3 7.14%

Would you have sex with an HIV+ person?

I go on gay/bi sex and hook up sites. Not CL (Craigslist) but other ones.

I read peoples profiles and lots of men have things in them like:
    POZ FRIENDLY HERE...no discrimination, no stigma, no paranoia, no BS...

It made me wonder would you personally have sex with someone that's HIV+?

Or have you already?

I know of at least one person I had sex with that's HIV+ that I know of but we had safer sex, and I'm still HIV neg and have never had an STD.

I have probably had sex with other women and men who are HIV+ but they did not tell or they did not know. I practice safer sex and that's how I stay HIV neg and do not have STDs.

I have friends and have met people who are HIV+ and they have told me to continue doing this.

Last edited by pole_smoker; Sep 22, 2014 at 1:16 PM.

Re: Would you have sex with an HIV+ person?

If I knew for sure, would not.

Have I? I doubt it. I'm still in contact with most of them still.

I've honest guys ask and I've declined. They said thanks and we both moved on

Not on purpose. I have been fortunate to be STD free my whole life even though I have sucked the cocks of men I have met on CL. I realize it is harder to catch HIV as a result of performing oral sex on men, but it's still risky.

I do not deliberately try to get sick or take extreme risks. But, I am not willing to miss opportunities for great joy because of fear.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    I do not deliberately try to get sick or take extreme risks. But, I am not willing to miss opportunities for great joy because of fear.
    I am the same way. I have never had any sort of STD including the common ones like genital warts/HPV, herpes even a cold sore, or HIV.

But I have safer sex as it works.

I have given HIV positive folks hugs and such but no, I probably would not have sex involving direct physical contact with one.. I guess there are probably things you could do with condoms but I value my health too much.

I suppose they now have something like Truvada (?) that is like an inoculation but it seems like there might be a stigma in getting a medication that is associated so closely with HIV because whether it's right or wrong people associate HIV with being gay or bi. I hope they do find a way to cure HIV - there are some very nice people (understatement) who have left our world.

For as smart as we think we are it seems like nature has some tricks it plays every once in a while doesn't it - look at the Ebola..

Quote Originally Posted by elian View Post
    I have given HIV positive folks hugs and such but no, I probably would not have sex involving direct physical contact with one.. I guess there are probably things you could do with condoms but I value my health too much.

I suppose they now have something like Truvada (?) that is like an inoculation but it seems like there might be a stigma in getting a medication that is associated so closely with HIV because whether it's right or wrong people associate HIV with being gay or bi. I hope they do find a way to cure HIV - there are some very nice people (understatement) who have left our world.

For as smart as we think we are it seems like nature has some tricks it plays every once in a while doesn't it - look at the Ebola..
    It's not that easy to get HIV if you have safer sex.

There are STDs that are a lot easier to get like HPV, herpes, or various types of hepatitis.

The pre-exposure medication for HIV is not a cure, and it's not an excuse to just not have or practice safer sex even if a lot of younger gay men seem to think otherwise.

It's far easier to just use condoms, and they have less side effects than HIV meds do.

I do not mean to scare you but if you have had casual sex even with FWB or hook ups you probably already have had sex with someone who is HIV+ but just did not tell you, or they did not know it.

That's how I found out that I had been with at least one person that is HIV+. He claimed to be otherwise but he did tell me some things that made me think "OK he's probably mistaken or in denial, or could be HIV+ so have safer sex anyway" but I do that with all sexual partners even female ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AGuyIKnow View Post
    If I knew for sure, would not.

Have I? I doubt it. I'm still in contact with most of them still.

I've honest guys ask and I've declined. They said thanks and we both moved on
    The majority of bi and gay men who are HIV+ lie about it and don't care that in some states and countries this is illegal.

Women too can be HIV+ and lie about it, don't know, or just not tell someone right away until after sex even though this is illegal in lots of states and countries.