Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Tips on Using the Personal Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    People in the military would be at risk, because if someone didn't like them, the spiteful party could forward the URL with a person's picture to the person's commanding officer, and under Don't Ask Don't Tell a discharge would be necessary.
    You need more proof than a picture on a website to discharge someone from the military. They might try to get you for adultery but to outprocess you for homosexuality? In over a decade in the service I never saw a single case of that type of discharge and I knew about 10 openly gay service members, another 10 that were OBVIOUSLY gay, and an bunch that did have pictures on sites and either just got gossiped about or warned to be more discrete.

Not saying this is how it is across the board, but in my experience.
    Last edited by Paragon; Nov 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: type o

It is a shame that our sexual preference can cause us so much grief. Military people, Teachers, Police officers, and many other community service jobs.

it is also a shame that we can not expect our friends and family to understand. I am not out to my family and only to a few friends, I have decided that if they find me on this sight, then they had a reason to be here and they are going to understand.

I haven't figured out how to build or apply the avatar thing, so haven't done that but the only photo in my profiles shows who I am. If you recognize me from my photo, come talk to me and tell me where you found it.

I do understand the reason for not posting a photo, but I do not understand the reason for not putting at least general information in your profile.

Live each day as if it was your last.

Let your dreams and fantasies control your life.

I'm trying to edit the 2nd person in my ad because I'm single. I've tried 3 times, and it won't change. What do I do?

after you've made your changes to the second person info (or yours), be sure to click 'save changes' at the bottom of that page.

then log out of this site, dump your cookies and temporary internet files, log back in ... and you should see your changes in effect. If changes haven't been made, then send a message to Drew asking for help.

http://main.bisexual.com/forum/sendm...mailmember&u=1

Peg
    Last edited by **Peg**; Jan 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM.
    "To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

*dumps her cookies*

Whew! That feels *loads* better!
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Thanks, Drew, for starting this thread.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid most of it is wishful thinking. You see, I did what you suggest and it didn't work. I received lots of "free advice" and amateur psychoanalysis but very little respect or appreciation from this community. Apparently, most of us seem to prefer dishonest and superficial content.

I've since "gone sarcastic" ... still not much action but at least it doesn't generate the denigration that the other version did. You know, for a group that claims that they don't want to be judged, we sure seem to like doing it to each other.

Just my two-and-a-quarter cents worth.

Is there a way to do a search for distance? I live near the border of Ohio and Pennsylvania. So I often get results from the other side of the state.

I can't upload pics. Us it. Cuz of. My phone? ?

Where should i post my adds so that i can get more and quick response?
    please let me know some good spot, so that i can put my add there.

Hi There,
    Just joined this site,so I hope this topic is still 'live'.
    I've put a few ads out,including the local Craig's List,but find even though I'm just looking for 'friends',I still received replies from guys 'wanting more'.
    It seems just looking for a friend out there is far and few between.
    I guess the 'physical side' with another guy will happen once you really get to know that guy and only when both are ready to 'move on'.
    That's my take on this.

Thank you for sharing the post...

thank u for your advice, but i still don't know how to post my ads,