Register

Labor day weekend

Have a safe and happy Labor day weekend everyone. Be thankful for people who work in construction or who have done manual labor as a job to built the United States.

Re: Labor day weekend

Thank you for the well wishes, may your weekend be safe also. I used to do manual labor professionally (i.e. away from home ), no longer capable for it due to various reasons. Still help with gardening, mowing, various sundry odd jobs around home. That is well enough to wear one out, at times. Do it now for love, life.

Enjoyed a nice family reunion today. One of my wife's cousins made sauerkraut in the style of olden days. He took six to eight weeks to ferment the cabbage if I am correct in what was told. It was delicious. Wife has threatened I will sleep with the dogs in the pen should any methane leaks happen. *chuckles* Likely even the dogs would disown me. But it was good kraut. It made our meal all the more tasty.

LOL @ Void! Never realized how popular sauerkraut was until we moved to the mid- Atlantic. Potent get popular. Hope you have a pleasant and methane free weekend

Labour Day in Canada is a celebration of workers regardless of their method of labour. It is and has been fairly well connected to manufacturing labour but has in the past decades expanded to include all work. The word "professional" is not usually connected to manual labour. Professions are regulated by a governing body that uses their established codes of conduct to determine acceptance and removal from the profession plus other factors.

Unions are strongly connected to the celebration of Labour Day. Union political strength has been reduced and few people are members of unions than twenty years ago.
    Today, all who work fall under the heading and celebration of Labour Day. The blurring between unions and professional bodies is not as clear as it once was.
    Brothers and Sisters enjoy your day off and celebration of labour regardless of your country.
    Last edited by tenni; Aug 31, 2014 at 11:50 AM.