Register

Thread: Poached Eggs

Poached Eggs

We all get sideways on sex and forget about the little things. I tried poaching an egg using the Alton Brown method. Both good, by my standards. One too runny for the female of this project. It involved hot water and swirling. the water. Anyone have an opinion about poached egg pans with the little cups the eggs rest in?

Re: Poached Eggs

OMG, I cannot believe the filth that permeates every bloody thread on this forum! "Poached", eh? And I don't even have to stretch my imagination to get what "eggs" you're talking about.

Did you see that new Alton Brown video? That guy is hung like a friggin' rooster! Yes, some women do not prefer their "poached eggs" too runny (ech). Firm is the key word here. The swirling is always nice, though, whatever happens with the "yolks" *smirk*.

The little cups are just perfect for your "eggs". You'll hardly even feel that hot water. It's worth the extra $10 for the vibrating model, though, especially if there's a female in your project.

Ever swirling,
    -- Annika
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Annika, that was funny. Although The Magic Wand does not have a setting for poached. Only scrambled. Perhaps the fact she and I were naked while I cooked was a factor. A bigger factor was I didn't have any Engish Muffins. My next step will be the Hollindaise Sauce.

Oh, and thank you Annika. Everybody lighten up. As Annika has. There are stupid non-sexual things to chat about. Eggs Benedict, step by step is on the board.
    Last edited by mas8092; Apr 21, 2015 at 11:34 PM.

+1 for Annika's sense of humor!

I always preferred my scrambled egg well done with some soya sauce to spice it up.
    That was until my partner complained that it was to hard for him, and that he preferred it soft in his mouth with a little pepper. Said he could feel the texture and taste it better as he rolled it around his mouth with his tongue.
    I still like to give it to him hard now & again tho, and when his back is turned, splash my sauce all over it.
    "You're like my yo-yo, that glowed in the dark. What made it special, made it dangerous. So I bury it, and forget.":Kate Bush

We have little green silicon cups that you put in boiling water. Work great