Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

77 55.00%
  • Depends on the situation

56 40.00%
  • Never

7 5.00%

How Safe are You When First Playing with New Partners?

When you first hookup with a new partner, how often do you practice safe sex?

Re: How Safe are You When First Playing with New Partners?

I don't like condoms. Now my wife and I have played with them just for fun but we never used them for intended purposes.

I did use a condom the one time I fucked a man in recent years. It was his idea. Other than that one guy, I haven't done anal and would never consider oral with a condom.

But, also, I'm not into immediate gratification. I take my time and get to know anyone that I might consider pleasure with
    I've worn a beret, a badge, and a suit and tie. Now I prefer wearing nothing!

Most men, at one time or another, have wished they could suck their own cocks.
    A real man, admits he'd like to suck other cocks

It should be always. The question is nonsensical given the times we live in. Neither or any partners should be questioning safe sex.

I am probably considered a high risk for std's as I have sex with different men regularly without condoms. I always inform my lovers of this and leave it up to them if they wish to take the chance with me.

I have to agree. Why would this even be a question. Too many people have STDs and do t even know it. The protection would never come off until all testing came back negative, and even then, only if I could guarantee exclusivity. If you are not exclusive, you will never not get to bareback with me.

I do not practice safe sex at all. I have sex with different men often and do not use condoms. I inform all my lovers of my lifestyle beforehand and leave it up to them to decide if they want to take their chance with me.

It shouldn't, however, make the other party feel guilty or wrong to just say "Fuck no". If two sane adults want to agree to this, good luck to them both.

i'm sorry some feel the need to judge this question. but clearly given the statements made thus far, there are at least two sides to this, thus not a nonsensical question.

i personally have, since the phrase was coined, always felt "safe sex" was a given with new partners and unless/until testing was verified conclusively, and sexual relations were exclusive.

i was very surprised to find for some this is absolutely not the case. this left me with a curiosity to know what others' thoughts, opinions, and practices are.

I consider myself a barebacker, but not stupid.

There was a guy I was acquainted with (from afar) some years ago that I wanted to get it on with. He actually had a web site where he advertised himself as a barebacker, too, unless the other party insisted on condoms. I really wanted to do him but wasn't in the position to until a bit later when I ran into his partner. They advertised themselves as a team.

I had fun with the one guy and mentioned I'd love to get it on with his partner. We started to arrange a meeting. Then I got to thinking about it.

I don't see much point in anal sex with condoms. If we did it I'd want to do it bare, but this guy really played the field. He was very sexually active with people from all over, even out of towners came to see him. I really wanted to do him until that point.

I figured we could go ahead and do it protected, but then what's the point? What had me even more worried is that I might get carried away in the hot and heavy environment, throw caution to the wind, and say to hell with protection. I ended up backing out of the get- together because I didn't trust myself to not go bare.

I don't know if he had it way back then, but he's HIV positive now.

Although I'm just starting out and have only had two partners thus far my practices are oral no condom, & yes I swallow. But when I finally do get anal it will always be with a condom. Well initially anyway...... ;-)
    Last edited by cw1860; Jul 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM.

I understand people play Russian roulette too. However, you'll only get opinions from those who have "won".

I agree with you, chicagom. I'm also a newbie. I love to suck, swallow and have cum shot on me. No condom required. But, a condom is required when I receive anal.

Depends for me. If aware of the person & have some idea they are not promiscuous,
    possibly in a situation they have to stay "clean", I will go bare. Otherwise, caution
    is vital. Sorry, do not want to "bring anything home" to my wife or family.

This is why I am also not a body parts type of guy, rather a whole person one.
    Prefer knowing the whole person before sex is engaged. Although, can admit
    a few times it was simply capitulation for the sake of capitulation.

Can see pros & cons of both routes. Prefer knowing folks better, ymmv.

I've only experienced oral with another guy, and never with a condom. But if I ever tried anal, giving or receiving, it would definitely be with a condom or not at all.

I voted "depends on situation."
    Firstly, I was not involved with the gay male community in any way, where non-wearing of condoms in a new partner situation would really be akin to Russian Roulette (with 1 chamber empty, not 5)
    Secondly, I have had a tubal ligation. I could not get pregnant no matter how much a guy tried!!! Condoms would be for the prevention of STD only.
    Thirdly, I am talking from past, not present experience. I have been sooooo good in that area since Christine landed in my life.

I make no excuses - I was a serial bonker on business trips; males sometimes, female preferably. I circulated among Govt bureaucracies and travel businesses. Maybe there was a percentage of "clubbers" amongst them, but most were like me - family guys/gals letting a few inhibitions disappear.
    I made a judgement call. With females, honestly, we just bonked: precautions were never part of it. With guys, I made an instinctive decision about condoms after the knickers and boxers were off. If I had thought condoms were needed before that, it would never have got to that stage.

Call it playing with fire, I had maybe 15 years of sexual adventure without mishap........ for me. (I have no idea how many divorces I initiated in Lower Slobovia, however)

I replied ,"It depends" based on past experiences. I haven't been with a new partner in almost a year. But I have never used condoms or dental dams for oral sex, and I have gone bareback with some female partners. My wife was recently diagnosed with HPV, so going forward we'll be requiring condoms or some sort of safer sex arrangements for everyone's protection. And yes, I realize that condoms don't protect you completely from hpv (and that most people have it already anyway) but we have decided that we really need to get to know people, and have an open dialogue about history and risks with someone new before we start considering swapping fluids.

I've always used condoms for any anal penetration. I would never allow someone to bareback me nor would I bareback another person when engaging in anal sex. As far as rimming, I've done it before but only with a dental dam.

I am not into anal and would never suck a cock with a condom on it. So, I am not totally into absolute safety.
    JEM

Personally, I would feel terrible if I passed on a disease to someone else, even though ultimately it's their choice, if they are properly informed. I only engage in oral, and not with a whole lot of guys, but I do enjoy meeting new guys when they are appealing. If I'm feeling comfortable, and am especially attracted to them, I'll let them cum in my mouth on the first "date". But if I feel any reluctance about it, I let them squirt on me, which is pretty good, anyway!

I prefer no protection, BUT that's a very qualified statement. That's only if you've seen a doctor for some tests for bugs, microbes, bacteria and viruses. Once we have determined you don't have the Bangalore Clap, or the Dreaded Black Dick flu, then we are talking seriously about no raingear. Otherwise, come prepared to don the foul weather garb, or you shoot for the sky.

I prefer no protection, BUT that's a very qualified statement. That's only if you've seen a doctor for some tests for bugs, microbes, bacteria and viruses. Once we have determined you don't have the Bangalore Clap, or the Dreaded Black Dick flu, then we are talking seriously about no raingear. Otherwise, come prepared to don the foul weather garb, or you shoot for the sky.

Rose,

Aside from my ex-wife and current wife I've had no new sex partners. Laura and I were tested a year ago to show support for our local clinic, and to encourage others to get tested. Our tests were negative on all counts. I do believe new partners should respect the wishes of all the partners. Each new partner is sharing their sexual histories with each other. If you really care for them you would make it a point to be tested together. The testing clinics are generally free and open most weekends. Might I add that when we are in a poly relationship, it's a poly-fidelous relationship meaning that the triad would be closed unless all partners agree to an addition. Shall I make an appointment for all of us?

John & Laura

"Remember; if you can't resolve your conflicts with the power of the word...hit them with your laptop!"--© 1998 J.E. Benedict

Your poll is too limited. Where's the option for using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse; but not using condoms or barriers for oral sex with women or men?

I would rather jerk off alone than lick or suck on latex.