Register

James Garner has passed away. 86 years old.

"This is Jim Rockford. Leave a message after the tone. I'll get back to ya"

"Hey Jim, it's Dee. This is very sad news. I remember watching The Rockford Files with my grandparents when I'd sleep over their house. Grandma would make popcorn in a pot on the stove and pour it into a big wooden bowl. Papa would pour out my choice flavor of Shasta soda and we'd watch your latest adventure sitting at their kitchen table. Good times....good times. Thanks for the sweet memories. Rest in peace. Say hi to grandma and papa for me when you see them. Catch you later.....bye for now."

Re: James Garner has passed away. 86 years old.

I remember seeing James Garner in one of my favorite movies- Grand Prix, 1966. I love the sound of the old school F1's & how they were a man's car. you had to have real driving skills. not just a big wallet for the best high tech contraptions in the world. Have y'all seen a modern F1 steering wheel? It looks more like a multi-thousand dollar playstation controller???

"This is Jim Rockford. Leave a message after the tone. I'll get back to ya"

"'Buck' here Jim. Began watching your show, Rockerford Files this evening. Not sure how
    I grew up in the 1970's and missed the series. Glad to have found them now, at a little
    less than half your age. Used to really enjoy seeing you in things every now and again.
    Do recall your camera adverts a bit. You were and remain one of those class acts. Loved
    your voice, both the audible voice and your style voice. One favor for me, tell Johnny hey
    and he is missed alongside you and about four grandfathers. Oh, and give them all this.
    *HUG* Well, figure you got lots of visiting to do. Run slow. See you when we do."

I remember the camera commercials!! Something about him made him trustable.
    Yea, it is sad that he died.

A great actor i think never got to use full talents on big screen. Will miss him

I watched Rockford Files spending the night at my grandparents' house too. Pretty much the same scenario. Thanks

I grew up watching them at my parents and reruns for the last 20 some odd years. I think it's pretty much been playing most of the years since it stopped on various channels. He was a wonderful actor and from what I've read about him personally a wonderful person. Maybe someday there will be an actor who can fill his shoes.. but I think it's gonna be long time.
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

Saw Jim in "Murphy's Romance" with Sally Field. One of my favorite films. Even at sixty, you still have a chance!!! Used to watch Maverick in my parent's bedroom at night. R.I.P. Jim. You will be missed.

After my dad won Jim's lawsuit against Warner Brothers, releasing him from the Maverick contract (which had several more years to run), Mr. Garner went on to make a string of very successful films an television roles. He subsequently introduced my father at one of his parties as "the man who frees the slaves." He was not only a fine actor, and a helluva race driver, but an all-around decent and classy guy, known throughout the Hollywood community as a gentleman. Everyone enjoyed working with him, and his generosity was legendary.
    Rest in Peace, Mr. G, you will be missed.

I grew up watching the old movies and TV shows, and enjoyed the Rockford series when it was new runs... watched it every week with my folks. Recently my wife and I started watching it all on Netflix.... she falls asleep until a loud car chase wakes her back up

"Support Your Local Sheriff" and "Support your Local Gunfighter" were two of my favorites... sort of the reluctant hero...

RIP