Register

Thumbs down Transphobia in the sign-up process

The options for gender are female, male, transgendered. This site appears to be way back in the archaic ages of trans information. The gender of trans men is male, and the gender of trans men is female. And there is no option for other/nonbinary gender identities. "Transgendered" is not even a proper word; "transgender" is an adjective, not a verb. Just what?

And then requiring the Kinsey Scale. The Kinsey Scale says nothing about my preferences, despite this site telling me so. It's a scale which reinforces the gender binary, leaving out nonbinary identities, and reinforcing that bisexuals are "part gay and part straight". According to Kinsey, I'm a lesbian with "heterosexual tendencies". But that's not true. I am 100% bisexual. Like, at least make the Kinsey Scale optional?

Re: Transphobia in the sign-up process

I look at it as you seem to be accepting and buying into the monosexual continuum. Even referring to Kinsey is accepting that bisexuals are part of a binary monosexual expression. Instead, I encourage you to identify and bisexual..not some form of a monosexual (heterosexual or homosexual) Bisexuality is the binary for all monosexualism. You have a point that the site focuses on a Kinsey Scale which tend to have bisexuals conform to a monosexuality binary. Do you know an alternative?

As far as gender is concerned, it is a completely different issue from sexuality. You seem to come new to the site with what appears like a confrontational agenda? I wish transexuals well. Sorry, I don't really want to deal with their issues and minutely defining gender queer etc. Some people will be interested in your position but you might win more support by being non confrontational on your first day on this site.
    Last edited by tenni; Apr 28, 2014 at 9:27 PM.

make it easier on Drew and tell him what you want to see..... its easier to put things that way than posting about how what you are seeing, is wrong....

Male
    Female
    Transgender
    gender queer
    other ( no disrespect intended, some people use the Other term as they are undecided about their gender )

and are you looking for a scale that is more like

bisexual, equal attraction
    bisexual, perfering males
    bisexual, perfering females

because then you would have to also consider

bisexual, open ( meaning that you are open to trans, intersex and other non gender specific people

bisexual, undecided

gay / lesbian / exploring ( you ID as gay / lesbian but are open to blurring the lines of your own attraction )

heterosexible ( straight but open minded about same sex / gender experimenting )

the list goes on but making it easier for drew to understand what is wanted, can help him see what options are available for the members
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Good God, do we have to make such a damned big deal over labels? Just pick something that comes close to what you're into and be done with it. Next, somebody will be claiming that there's no category for their height, weight or hair color, and whether they live in the city or a suburb.

Jump in, introduce yourself and tell us what you like. All are welcome here, and you'll find soon recognize a number of individuals who share your likes, and some who have other ideas. Respect 'em all -- they're no better than you, and you're no better than they are.

I come here to share my experiences and learn from others. I happen to like wearing women's lingerie and sucking cock. I'm interested to experiment being fucked in the ass. And I love to have sex with women -- there's nothing hotter and sexier than a woman's body. Everyone has something special to offer! We're PEOPLE, for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by silkyhoselover View Post
    Good God, do we have to make such a damned big deal over labels? Just pick something that comes close to what you're into and be done with it. Next, somebody will be claiming that there's no category for their height, weight or hair color, and whether they live in the city or a suburb.

Jump in, introduce yourself and tell us what you like. All are welcome here, and you'll find soon recognize a number of individuals who share your likes, and some who have other ideas. Respect 'em all -- they're no better than you, and you're no better than they are.

I come here to share my experiences and learn from others. I happen to like wearing women's lingerie and sucking cock. I'm interested to experiment being fucked in the ass. And I love to have sex with women -- there's nothing hotter and sexier than a woman's body. Everyone has something special to offer! We're PEOPLE, for crying out loud!
    Exactly.

Even transpeople pick a gender, or identify with one gender more than the other one, and some get a full sex change operation and others do not.

This site does have options for MTF, and FTM which is more than most sites do.

Personally, I just prefer a simple yes or no answer, sex = yes!

Seriously though, I kind of get that we need the labels so that others can see how we identify ourselves, but then again, I am also against the constraint of labels. Maybe my sexuality is fluid? Maybe I am full on hetero, got to find a woman, got to find a woman, but then again, maybe tomorrow I might wake up and prefer to be with a man? Supposing one day I choose to be all macho and shit and ride my bike with my leathers on and looking at women. Then another day, I want to be in touch with my feminine side and want more delicate things. Sexuality and gender are fluid. At least for me it is.