Register

Thread: Fuck the Poor

Fuck the Poor

Watch the video. Notice the different reactions to the two different approaches. Why is this?

Re: Fuck the Poor

I can only answer for myself. I have on occasion given money to people asking for a hand out, however in a situation like that above I would not. I wouldn't know anything about him and how do I know that that money is not going into his pocket as a scam or buying drugs to shoot up. I believe in helping but not enabling a drug habit. If someone where really down and out I would and have in the past bought them a meal/food. Most people I believe are generous but also have brains enough to watch out for scams.

I agree to a great extent. We tend to walk by a beggar or in this case a guy canvasing for money for a vague poor category. Are we not saying fuck the poor because I don't know if this guy is legit? But someone having the balls to wear a sign and pass out brochures about why we shouldn't give money to the poor...WELL that just is not proper. We are suppose to want to help the poor but don't really have to help them cuz well they may be a fake. Do our actions of walking by a beggar not say "fuck the poor"?

"Fuck the Poor" gives everyone a chance to hate (the guy with the sign). "Help the Poor" gives everyone a chance to hate (a beggar). This only proves human nature. We see ourselves as such an enlightened species, full of love and giving. We are a parasite of the planet, we are a cancer cell in the universe.

I guess in Tenni's world, we are supposed to stop and give every beggar money. If that were the case, there sure would be a lot of beggars. It's cruel (human) to look at the race as survival of the fittest. It's also very "nice" and very destructive to set the pace of society at the lowest level. We cater to stupidity and ignorance to the point of risking our society. I can't speak for the great nations of Canada and the UK, or any others for that matter. I have watched the United States though, go from a respected, value driven, hard working nation into a pussified shithole. Thanks to policies such as "no child left behind" ie, shove them thru the crappy education system. And "We can't let the kids keep score, someone will lose, we are all winners here!" So now we have a nation full of ill educated people that have no idea how to compete. But, much easier to control.

A person is good..people suck. The mob rules.

That's a very clever demo there. "Help the poor?", isn't distinct enough for most. Neither is "Help the ill?".
    We are so used to being told what tragic circumstance led to being poor, and what disease etc led to being ill, that the bloke looks like a conman for being vague.
    I don't think I'd just give him money without knowing what charity he's working for.

It is an uncomfortable situation because at least in this country it reminds us of the people who have some and the people who have nought...and then there are the people who are scammers who put their cardboard sign into the back of their Mercedes parked just around the corner after a hard day of pan-handling too. Then, there are "malcontents" who really don't WANT to live with the rules of society.

We want to celebrate the successes because they epitomize what our society stands for - so celebrities are lifted up as examples..but I submit that folks who do social work and teaching - those that work on healing others - are also very important.

I have on occasion helped people, when you do it's never with money, if you need to get gas in your car then you can follow me to the gas station. If you are hungry, no I'm not going to give you $20, but I may order two sandwiches instead of one and bring one out to you.. Being compassionate is one of the things I admire about our species - and people are compassionate and they are loving but it takes a lot to put yourself out there and be vulnerable to a stranger.

..if you want to help, it is good to be involved with a group that is experienced with helping folks coming out of certain situations. I volunteer some of my time fixing computers for an agency that helps women coming out of incarceration learn to write resumes, apply for jobs, budget their money and their time, they do HIV testing, parenting classes, .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QNiwCL77M

hypersexual
    No, I do not believe that I should give money to all beggars. In fact, like several other posters I consider the beggar who speaks to me asking for money as invasive in to my territory. I almost never give to a beggar. However, I almost never think that the beggar is scamming me. They are just being invasive in to my space even though it is a public space. I don't think that all public space means that beggars have a right to make me feel bad for having a lifestyle that is better than the beggar. The invasiveness of the street beggar seems a bit worse than canvassers who come to my door asking for donations. If I know the charity I may give. I recently donated money to the Alzheimer society because a person that I knew had died and the family had posted that any donations go that organization. I wanted to give in her memory. Just this week I received a mailing from the Alzheimer Society asking for a donation. I was momentarily displeased as it felt like begging. However, the intriguing aspect is the "Fuck the Poor" person. Unlike the Help the Poor person, Fuck the Poor was not asking for money at all. Help the Poor was begging. Fuck the Poor is a startling confrontation of what many of us do. We give when we want to. Beggars are invasive in to our personal space. Confrontation like Fuck the Poor is forcing us to face our behaviour. Interesting. I still don't have it figured out. What I find interesting is a lot of hypersexual's values and beliefs that are perepherary to the Fuck the Poor video. I do not live in a country that uses the term "no child left behind" and I kind of understand but am unsure if I agree that it is similar to "help the poor" philosophy?
    Last edited by tenni; Apr 13, 2014 at 7:40 AM.

I do not live in a country that uses the term "no child left behind"
    We don't REALLY believe in "no child left behind" either tenni, but it sounds really good when you are running for political office.. It is as if someone said, why not take a failed educational initiative from one state and make it a nationwide program, that sounds good!

That's not to say that teachers don't care about their students, but the focus now seems to be about being able to pass a multiple choice test so that the school can get more funding..some schools even cut out "recess" so they can get more study time in.

Something to ponder...Since LBJ began the "War on Poverty" the federal government has spent to date 27.8 TRILLION Dollars on the war against poverty...Sounds good huh? Less people living below the poverty level in this country? The "PERCENTAGE" of people living below the poverty has actually NOT changed since the so called "WAR" began...There's an old saying that says charity begins at home, if everyone would take care of their own family & friends the problem could solve itself overnight without the overbearing government, [which has never ran anything successfully], sticking its nose where it doesn't belong.If you took all the assets in the world, divided it equally between all the people of the world, i guarantee by the end of the 1st year those that had money would have money again, those that didn't would be broke once more...AS far as "CHARITIES" go most charities keep .68-.89 cents of every dollar donated for "administrative cost". I not saying don't give, just be aware, remember charity begins at home with family, friends, & neighborhoods, If EVERYONE does that problem solve itself'''

i'm poor and i need to get fucked. please come and fuck me. i am naked and spread wide and on my back ready for a big cock to enter me

Quote Originally Posted by monaohio View Post
    i'm poor and i need to get fucked. please come and fuck me. i am naked and spread wide and on my back ready for a big cock to enter me
    There is something disturbing about this post on a couple of levels.

fubar, I can't agree more. I give to a few charities, but am very aware of their mission and the amounts of funds that actually get to the sources of need.

I have bought food for those who were begging for money for food, too. I have gotten dirty looks for not giving them the money, instead, though.

There are those who really are in dire straights, through no fault of their own. But, many more (TOO MANY MORE) have learned to sit on their asses and play a pitiful game of "Poor me....Feed me, provide me with what I need." [so I won't have to EARN it!}
    Last edited by Realist; Apr 15, 2014 at 9:50 AM.

"But, many more (TOO MANY MORE) have learned to sit on their asses and play a pitiful game of "Poor me....Feed me, provide me with what I need." [so I won't have to EARN it!}

I think that what you may be referring to is called "learned helplessness". It is a nasty complex dysfunctional lifestyle. I've worked with people(as clients) who are multi generational "learned helpless". The parent teaches unintentionally that the child is not worthy and can not do things correctly. The adult and child develop an attitude that they can not improve their life. It is the lowest of the low. I wish that it was as simple as just kicking their arse, cutting them off financial support and forcing them to work for their money. If you are born into this lifestyle and continually get negative messages of your unworthy ness it is really hard to help them become functioning people. Just saying that they can and encouraging them to seek a better life doesn't really work either. Every once in a while a child escapes this multi generation pattern. Somehow, they become determined not to expect someone else to take care of them. It is more common though to continue the cycle of poor me. Society owes me because...
    I
    Last edited by tenni; Apr 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM.

"But, many more (TOO MANY MORE) have learned to sit on their asses and play a pitiful game of "Poor me....Feed me, provide me with what I need." [so I won't have to EARN it!} "

Sit on their asses? They are out in some awful weather, working harder than I do for a lot less money. Yes, it would be better if they had better work skills. But, that is a different issue that includes the issue in the reply by tenni.

A few years ago, I was second car in line at a traffic light, an old man with a sign “I am hungry” on the corner.The light turned green, the guy ahead of me rolled down his window, the old man reached for his reward.The guy handed him a banana and drove off.The old man, expecting money, was surprised and I found the incident hilarious, but to my surprise he stashed it with his belongings instead of tossing it away.
    Last week, as usual, I bought a coffee at McDonald took it to my car to drink and eat with a sandwich during my lunch break.A sea gull zoomed in and landed next to my car.Then gave a loud screech to get my attention.Dam, that bird was begging for a piece of my sandwich!!While, I felt somewhat guilty of being unkind to the poor animal, I ignored him (her?).I was hungry so no sandwich for him.But I wondered what would that bird have done if I tossed a 5 dollar bill out the window.Would I have been surprised once again with him snatching it up and flying away?

A trade, banana for $5?Only in the Twilight Zone.
    JEM

I don't know what goes on where you people live, but here the city is overrun with people running begging scams.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieknyc View Post
    I don't know what goes on where you people live, but here the city is overrun with people running begging scams.
    No, we are not overrun with people (or sea gulls) running begging scams in Detroit.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    No, we are not overrun with people (or sea gulls) running begging scams in Detroit.
    They do exist everywhere, but the world is hardly over-run by begging scams... it is quite another bunch of (rich) wankers who are fleecing the populace... another bunch who are owt but beggars and do not claim to b.. Jamie fucks the poor very well with his claim... touch of the Sun and Daily Mail....
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.