Register

Bro time needed for men's health

There is a study recently released that states that men need time together to maintain good health. It states that meeting two times a week in person with other male friends adds to the general health including faster recovery times when faced with illness and even higher levels of generosity.

Men need to get together with their male friends to do guy stuff while they socialize. “Bonds can be formed through a range of activities from team sports to male banter — or simply having a pint with your pals on a Friday night,” he said in the report.
    http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/10...thy-u-k-study/

As a man, do you benefit from male friendships in ways that a wife/lover can not fulfill?
    This study didn't distinguish between men's sexuality. This is in a non sexual way but biguys may fuzzy up the line?

What are your thoughts?

Re: Bro time needed for men's health

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    There is a study recently released that states that men need time together to maintain good health. It states that meeting two times a week in person with other male friends adds to the general health including faster recovery times when faced with illness and even higher levels of generosity.

Men need to get together with their male friends to do guy stuff while they socialize. “Bonds can be formed through a range of activities from team sports to male banter — or simply having a pint with your pals on a Friday night,” he said in the report.
    http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/10...thy-u-k-study/

As a man, do you benefit from male friendships in ways that a wife/lover can not fulfill?
    This study didn't distinguish between men's sexuality. This is in a non sexual way but biguys may fuzzy up the line?

What are your thoughts?
    Far be it for me to point it out... but keeping a dog helps maintain good health and extends life expectancy.. so being chummying about now and then wivya fellow man is no biggie, tenni babes..
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Well, darkeyes
    The study stated that men should get together two times a week. Although it may be no biggie for you, some men do end up isolated from their buds overtime. Some men turn over their social activities to the wife and this guy time vanishes. Others maintain a boy's night out philosophy. This study is stating that there are health benefits for doing this.

Yes, a dog can be lovely. Are you equating men with dogs?...

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    Well, darkeyes
    The study stated that men should get together two times a week. Although it may be no biggie for you, some men do end up isolated from their buds overtime. Some men turn over their social activities to the wife and this guy time vanishes. Others maintain a boy's night out philosophy. This study is stating that there are health benefits for doing this.

Yes, a dog can be lovely. Are you equating men with dogs?...
    Don't take me so seriously.... I know the value of m8s... I adore mine.. yes, even the heterosexual 1s.. am nev sure if they r gud for me health tho cos we seem to stress each other as much as do gud for each other's health... but on balance wud ratha have them than not... cos life is unbearable wivout them, tenni... so forgive me lickle bitta fun.. wos just summat I cudn't resist..

..as to whether I equate men wiv dogs...'bout as much.. no that's wrong.. a bloody sight less than many men equate women wiv bitches..
    Last edited by darkeyes; Oct 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

I fully agree that men need "man" time with friends. As much as I love my female relations, I still need to rebalance the tires with my male friends.

I assume you mean "lefty" and "righty".

I agree. And the older I get the more I feel that way. Sorry ladies, but I can't relate anymore. Your priorities are all different than mine. Even the way you dress. How do you walk in those hideous shoes? Why do you spend endless hours and so much $ on clothes and make-up? The movies & TV shows you all seem to like baffle me. I could go on but you get the point. I need to hang with my buds, guys who I have things in common with. I don't know if I lost interest in women because I'm no longer sexually attracted to them or am no longer sexually attracted because I just can't relate to them. Like the old question, "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" Not trying to piss any of them off and I don't dislike women in general. It's just hard for me to understand them -----or want to make the effort to try.
    "