Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unofficial Community Leader

Re: Idjet Alert...lol

It's called " detached awareness " Void; You do it also...I know you can relate; no offense taken; I used to work ' backstage ' w/roadies setting up rock concerts, hence my analogy & perspective. Often, one can see the complete picture from that vantage point.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    It's called " detached awareness " Void; You do it also...I know you can relate; no offense taken; I used to work ' backstage ' w/roadies setting up rock concerts, hence my analogy & perspective. Often, one can see the complete picture from that vantage point.

"Detached awareness, he says, I do it too, he says." *chuckles*

Oh come on now, that would mean I actually think and have an intellect, to use
    such means as to gain a bit of objectivity. *grin* Nah, not me, no way. *LOL*

Yes, I do in fact do it. The rationale for using it is to aid in something called
    mindfulness. This further is a technique used in stress & anxiety management.

As a result, I am gradually working to locating a bit of peace. May surprise you
    to know, I watched a video of a sermon by two Fathers. They made a point
    regarding Christians needing to go through tribualation before the Christ returns.

Some of their dissertation elucidated how human beings have misrepresented the
    actual word of God. I had some awareness of this before, yet their sermon give
    pause and thought on broader levels. An impasse still exists for me. I did call
    on an old "Friend" though to possibly come to a better understanding.

Not saying I am given to conversion, yet. Am saying, I am willing to consider a lot.
    Yes I even use detached awareness when meeting Captians. Like to know where
    the boat is going. Some of the crew seem really foggy on it.

Good see you still kicking. *hug* Run it slow.

Wait wait wait. HOW did this get turned into a topic of religion(s) ?
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee_Mountaincat View Post
    Wait wait wait. HOW did this get turned into a topic of religion(s) ?
    Sorry, did not mean to derail. Had considered that at times idiots seem intolerant of all subjects.
    That in mind, I did a little cross talking to a friend. I ought to have taken that private instead of
    in thread. Was not intending a derail.

We norcal folks had a troll some years ago who actually wrecked our "homegrown" site. The site was newfriends.net and attracted a variety of preferences from an area that included most of northern California. Same tactics: he would be rude, crude, then go after individual members, probably after lurking in the sidelines and seeing who was talking to whom in the chatroom. Finally (and that's why I'm concerned about Drew and this site), he managed to invade our web host's master account and screw with it because he got access somehow to everyone's ip addresses. I'm hopeful that the Internet is more sophisticated now, and that our most recent antagonist isn't as evil or savvy.

Thanks MM. I'm sure Drew has this under paw..:} And...peck to Void's furry cheek. Its alright Sweetie. Everybody Boo-Boo's now and then..:}
    Cat
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein