Register

Damn--did this site get spammed!!

Where is Drew?---he and his tech people need to get rid of the major spamming we got hit with today!! This is the worst case ever!!!
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Damn--did this site get spammed!!

Seen it last night when I got home from work. And it kept getting worse as the morning progressed. just wow!

It was amazing!!! I am so glad that Drew & Co. fought back and took back control of the site! Glad those massive numbers of posts from those bastards got removed.

Is there any financial gain in spamming these days?
    Yes I can see how the spam adverts on Youtube etc could potentially get a product some sales (even though they are so fekin annoying and unwanted!). But do the spammed forum products increase their sales and do the spammers make any money out of it?
    Surely that kind of spamming should have died a death by now if it wasn't profitable? But who buys that shite after getting so annoyed by it?
    I wouldn't!

I have been away a few days.
    I guess I picked the right days to be gone.
    JEM

Jem--it was page after page of ads for ED pills--but all in non-English languages--and all priced in Euros-----I was on and could see like three or four of the ads popping up on the forum boards as I sat there---it was really something!! Obviously it was some sort of robot program to be able to do it to the extent that it had been done!!