Register

Men with feminine voice

I have tried to meet a decent guy, but when I finally get to talk to a lot of prospective guys, they seem to have a feminine voice or what I call the gay patter. Is that natural or do they train their voice that way?

Re: Men with feminine voice

I've rarely noticed prospective meet ups having feminine voices. Maybe you're just hearing it that way? Either that, or maybe some guys will soften the tone of their voice when they're in bi/homo mode and talking to some guy they may want to meet? I don't think I do that but maybe I do it without thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by bikurinpa View Post
    I have tried to meet a decent guy, but when I finally get to talk to a lot of prospective guys, they seem to have a feminine voice or what I call the gay patter. Is that natural or do they train their voice that way?
    It's affected and they train their voice to be that way. We also find queenie types or feminine types to be a major turn-off as it's fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Suck View Post
    We also find queenie types or feminine types to be a major turn-off as it's fake.
    Well, this WE doesn't find it a turn- off. Then again, I prefer feminine men, or men with the "softer" features.
    Years ago, I had a very memorable evening with a guy I met over the phone. He had a very feminine voice and it was natural. I thought he was a gal, at first. When he insisted he was a guy I just had to see the body behind the voice. I wasn't disappointed.

Mr. Suck and his partner are turned off by a lot of things. One wonders how they have any fun. Don't loose any sleep over it.
    Do what it is you enjoy and don't fret over other's opinions.

I have a thought that some guys speak naturally with feminine voice mannerisms while it may be true that some gay campy guys put it on. I have heard from the odd guy that friends of their's once they "joined" a campy crowd put on a fake higher pitched voice with voice inflections.

Supposedly, a lot of guys speak from the side of their lips more so than women who tend to move their lips more from the central part. Sometimes it is exaggerated and at other times subtle. Look at new readers or people getting close up shots on TV. It is visible at times. That may affect how certain words are pronounced but not always. I have no idea why more men than women use the sides of their lips when speaking but they do. Not all though. Some may have been trained to enunciate for a certain job and use the front of their lips more so.

Soft spoken guys are a different crop and I see them as masculine to the most part. I find some gay guys voices go up at the end of a sentence rather than the same or lower.

I would say that I am generally not attracted to such men if it is exaggerated but otherwise, it would be ok.

A very good friend of mine who identifies as gay has a deep clear voice so much so that people say that he should be on the radio. His hand mannerisms are the killer embarasment. It is more eccentric than feminine but his hand movements are not typical of most guys at all.
    Last edited by tenni; May 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM.

People who talk with their hands are usually good communicators, I find. I love those who talk with their whole bodies, like they are enacting what they are saying.LOL
    I do that a lot around my daughter and kids, like so many do when around kids. Go on! Do "Big bouncey ball" and "Wicked old witch", as if talking to a kid.

I LOVE gays with deep voices! One bloke sounds like a Misteron (showing age there with Cpt Black) and when he rung me up I didn't know whether to get hard or run like fek!lol
    But I can not stand a bloke with a feminine voice calling me "Dear!". That gives me chills and not in a nice way!
    To each his own tho!

Psychologically people do vary the tone of their voices as a sign of dominance or submission, but some people also just have a naturally high or low register of voice. I usually force myself to meet with someone anyway, because even if they talk a "certain way" they may be one of the most interesting people you've met in a while. Same goes for class, race, gender.. I mean the list goes on. There are certain types of people I am more attracted to than others but I have also met some very good friends regardless of physical characteristics.

The way that people speak is kind of interesting---in a broader scope---like someone who might come from New York but will move down south and in a few years--you might never know they came from up there and were always from "down south"

I have also known guys who were "straight" and they had deep, masculine voices---but later came out that they were "gay" and in a matter of months or so---they talked in that "gay, effeminate, "sissy way"----calling people "honey" "sweetie" "dear" "baby" and what not and you would have thought they had always lived as a gay male---so what is the "real voice" of a person??

I do think that linguistics would be a cool area of study.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Here is a guy who calls himself "straightactinggayguy" asking questions about the "gay voice".

to add to the mix the following "linguistic" study (here ya go Voltie

Why do some gay men “sound” gay? After three years of research, linguistics professors Henry Rogers and Ron Smyth may be on the verge of answering that question. After identifying phonetic characteristics that seem to make a man’s voice sound gay, their best hunch is that some gay men may subconsciously adopt certain female speech patterns. They want to know how men acquire this manner of speaking, and why – especially when society so often stigmatizes those with gay-sounding voices. Rogers and Smyth are also exploring the stereotypes that gay men sound effeminate and are recognized by the way they speak. They asked people to listen to recordings of 25 men, 17 of them gay. In 62 per cent of the cases the listeners identified the sexual orientation of the speakers correctly. Perhaps fewer than half of gay men sound gay, says Rogers. “The straightest-sounding voice in the study was in fact a gay man, and the sixth gayest-sounding voice was a straight man.”

from
    http://www.magazine.utoronto.ca/leading-edge/the-gay-voice-why-do-some-gay-men-talk-different/
    Last edited by tenni; May 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM.