Register
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Re: Silly countdown game

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    I am 48 tyvm, and all I did was correct sysper's error (he even admits it was an error). (And I'll take Fran's spanks...but she has cheek calling it cheek!)
    But I know there are only 47 different flavor combinations in pizza.

Are you sure you are? That would mean you were born in 1967, ahead of me in 1972. Thought we figured you were still younger. Wait, do I have that Benjamin Button's disease again?

Damn it! They said this life I would only go forward. Pesky fates & muses, always fibbing to the honest guy who reincarnates to enjoy friends. I will inform master Kung-Fu-tsze of this, he will wise them out of existing, just you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post
    But I know there are only 47 different flavor combinations in pizza.

Are you sure you are? That would mean you were born in 1967, ahead of me in 1972. Thought we figured you were still younger. Wait, do I have that Benjamin Button's disease again?

Damn it! They said this life I would only go forward. Pesky fates & muses, always fibbing to the honest guy who reincarnates to enjoy friends. I will inform master Kung-Fu-tsze of this, he will wise them out of existing, just you wait.
    You missed some flavor combinations there. And yes, on this very thread I have announced 1967 as my birth year...so I'm afraid I'm the older...and by my calculations, you shall next be 46.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

You missed some flavor combinations there. And yes, on this very thread I have announced 1967 as my birth year...so I'm afraid I'm the older...and by my calculations, you shall next be 46.
    There's 45 days in 1.5 months.

No, I'll be 44 in April. Who knows considering me? May have a few extra years here and there. Seems I'm anachronistic in any age. I may be one traveling in time. Could explain a lot, or maybe present even more questions.

Some times I feel like a fictional character in a fictional character's story they are writing about a fictional character.

“I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?” -- Zhuang Zhou

am all 43... isnt necessarily better than 2 or ne otha number but wiv the rite peeps is deeeeelishusly yummmmmmm....
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

... wich brings me 2... me big sister will b 42 next birfday... ole grannie bag that she is...
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    deeeeelishusly yummmmmmm....
    One day I absolutely must hear you say this aloud. You may have forgive any puddles being left after.

U gonna wee ursel'?

U gonna wee ursel'?
    Need 41 different things to think on because it'd not be wee. tsk, tsk. Sly tart you.

am all 43... isnt necessarily better than 2 or ne otha number but wiv the rite peeps is deeeeelishusly yummmmmmm....
    *confused by the bold* (but I seem to be getting easily confused these days...yes, definitely easily confused)

40 - the number beneath the number void last posted
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Am all 4 3.. for not the 39th time...

Aye, now I see it for only the 38th time. How bloody droll of me to not seen it afore. You're 4 all 3, all 4 3.

* goes to call a mate in the SAS/SBS to figure a 'training' rally in Scotland, knows damn well they do some 'winter survival' training in parts of Scotland, knows also of a 260 km trail where they use live fire ... ponders, sighs, checks boots ... shrugs ... fades to ... *
    Last edited by void(); Oct 8, 2015 at 8:35 PM.

I keep getting primed here - 37 does it again.

Unofficial Community Leader

Speaking of prime......."prime" fitness going on at 36.......glory days to reminisce upon on my front porch while communing " wiv " ( Dark ? ) nature .
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

*head in hands* oh ye dear gods....

Yes, ok...agreed...not necessarily better than 2...but with right peeps...

Though I balk at the notion of a room of 35 people matched up every which way, and losing one's sense of personal identity in the throng of...

*head in hands* oh, ye dear gods....

*head in hands* oh ye dear gods....

Yes, ok...agreed...not necessarily better than 2...but with right peeps...

Though I balk at the notion of a room of 35 people matched up every which way, and losing one's sense of personal identity in the throng of...

*head in hands* oh, ye dear gods....
    But 34 wud b ok tho, ae?

But 34 wud b ok tho, ae?
    I kin stretch to 33. Go twanging all night. Hehe.

But 34 wud b ok tho, ae?
    Would prefer 32 your suggestion, Fran...but you know me...experimental kinda gal...try anything once.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    Speaking of prime......."prime" fitness going on at 36.......glory days to reminisce upon on my front porch while communing " wiv " ( Dark ? ) nature .
    This being 3 dozen years and assuredly in me prime is luffly... rather b 31 but sadly kismet does not allow the getting younger in years and I did gave a ball at that age so there r so many awesome memories.... we r wot we r tho, and communing wiv me own dark nature will carry on for a gud few years yet as well as wiv much communing wiv the ver dark natures of a few otha peeps...

Would prefer 32 your suggestion, Fran...but you know me...experimental kinda gal...try anything once.
    Prefer 2 say I will try most things 1ce, luffly 1.. am glad 2 say the 1ce predicted popping of me clogs at age 30 didn't occur so those most things I am prepared to try I can shud opportunity arise...

Prefer 2 say I will try most things 1ce, luffly 1.. am glad 2 say the 1ce predicted popping of me clogs at age 30 didn't occur so those most things I am prepared to try I can shud opportunity arise...
    Ok, that's fair. Most things vs. anything. After all, the only absolute in the world is that there is only one absolute in the world. *wink*

But if your clogs didn't pop at 29, I'm not sure why they should at 30...but then I'm not really familiar with "popping of clogs" terminology. It sounds like a really unfortunate thing to happen, say at a dance. Which is why I never wear clogs to a dance.

But if your clogs didn't pop at 29, I'm not sure why they should at 30...but then I'm not really familiar with "popping of clogs" terminology. It sounds like a really unfortunate thing to happen, say at a dance. Which is why I never wear clogs to a dance.
    The expression is from the north west of England, mainly the Manchester/Salford area where a century or so ago (less even), clogs were very common footwear... 2 pop 1s clogs is 2 snuff it, joss it, expire, keel over, die... clog dancing used 2 b very common not just in England, but much of Europe.. will say tho, if ne1 ever saw me wearing clogs I wud die of shame.. not my thing at all!

28 pebbles skipped over a pond, within a memory. Funny how all the years
    folks went to R&B's no one ever connected the dots that the two men were
    lovers. They hosted annual shindigs at a place sprawling over some 300
    acres of pasture and woodlands.

When they invited you, you didn't bring a thing. You got there and found
    everything and anything you needed or wanted offered up freely. If you
    wanted for anything you had only to ask either R or B, and it would be
    given to you in short order.

You didn't hesitate out of some social grace, you simply went and had
    a wonderful time. If you would have waited, or even refused to go, it
    would be an insult. In our area such an insult to these two socialites
    could be the same as cold bloodily killing a preacher on the church
    stairs one fine Sunday morning. You just didn't do either and expect
    not to be dealt with harshly.

Everyone loved R&B because they loved everyone in return. No one was
    ever turned away if they 'crashed' a shindig. R&B even welcomed the
    police and federal agents in one year, they had come to look for drugs.
    That year I recall there was so much drugs at the event you could have
    supported three cartels. Ironically no drugs were found by any law
    enforcement types. R&B welcomed them to 'come on in any time', with
    big wide smiles.

It was at this pond in memory that I come to understand what it was
    to have a male lover. They both come over to show me about skipping
    pebbles. I could see the love they had for one another in their eyes.
    They could not help but chuckling in understanding that I had caught on.
    They never had to tell me, never had to feel uncomfortable. There were
    probably others who had caught on. No one said though and no one would.
    That was the social grace you gave R&B.
    Last edited by void(); Oct 10, 2015 at 9:36 PM. Reason: Needed a smidge more of memory & exposition.

Kate is doing clootie dumpling for pud tonite.. yumyumyum.. havent had clootie dumpling for well over 2 years. Prob closer 2 27 months... bit concerned tho cos it's not the ideal food for losing weight or even just keeping it down.. well... no worries. Is so gud I will gladly delay me return 2 me fightin' weight!
    Last edited by darkeyes; Oct 11, 2015 at 5:54 AM.

Kate is doing clootie dumpling for pud tonite.. yumyumyum.. havent had clootie dumpling for well over 2 years. Prob closer 2 27 months... bit concerned tho cos it's not the ideal food for losing weight or even just keeping it down.. well... no worries. Is so gud I will gladly delay me return 2 me fightin' weight!
    Yes, clootie pudding sounds delicious enough to postpone any dieting. As is said, 'Ne'er cast a cloot til Mey's oot.' It is only now October so you have plenty of time until Mey/May. Clootie pudding sounds very much like what got called 'bread pudding' in our region. Guess we Hillbillies keep things a bit off kilter to confound others. They can wind up thinking we're from 26 differing places because we hold fast to naught, or so it appears to them.

Need to teach my wife to make up some clootie pudding. Got her learned smartly on making Shepard's pie & tater candy. She's always saying baking is her bliss. Would imagine making up clootie pudding would fall into that. In fact I recall an old biddy, what that I worked with once, baking bread pudding a wee bit. That old gal made that and it nearly never touched the service bar for customers. I would do my best to devour a 9 inch by 13 inch pan full. Yummy stuff well worth skipping diets over.

Does this sound or look like bread pudding 2 u, Voidie? Dates r optional.. some recipes say golden syrup... but has 2 b black treacle! Nice wiv clotted or double cream, even whipped.. but is at its best wiv custard... espesh brandy or whisky...

Yummie stuff....http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/cl...9528:impleased 25 times yum...

Does this sound or look like bread pudding 2 u, Voidie? Dates r optional.. some recipes say golden syrup... but has 2 b black treacle! Nice wiv clotted or double cream, even whipped.. but is at its best wiv custard... espesh brandy or whisky...

Yummie stuff....http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/cl...9528:impleased 25 times yum...
    Yes it does. The old biddy used currents and a dark syrup in innit based in rum. She also then had a french nilla pudding you could dip it in. Not sure if she used dates although it may be she did. I know though currents, not raisins, was told 24 times and shown each there is a difference. All I could do was hope she made an extra batch on the days she made it. A few times she did and the staff of the place were in seventh haven all the day she did. She could do wonders with plain old white fish, cod, I believe. Oh, why I left? Oh yes, felt a need of better pay and it was not to be, company wanted the place gone. It apparently was hemorrhaging money, though not sure how that was to be.

I handled the inventory and kept it top drawer, kept finding ways to reduce costs without sacrificing quality. Example, I got them fresh tomatoes that were better quality than they got and cheaper, delivered same day by a happy Italian produce trucker. He was often happy enough to set off a 'few professional courtesy' trinkets to give us an incentive to buy more from them. Once he left us two cases of fresh oranges, another time we got three cases of carrots and a case of mushrooms. We had a good 'hobo' stew that day on the menu, our customers loved it.

The manager let me do the inventory because one of the drivers for the big chain suppliers pissed her off. They fouled an order, cut her short on a much needed item yet double charged her for an item she had not ordered or even marked as a substitution. It was then she threw up the towel, " ___ you take care of this!" I arranged so he could still get in his truck and drive out but he damn well knew we would quit dealing with his company, soon. And we did. The very next order came 80% from smaller independents who had no problem being very clear, very steadfast to meet exactly what was ordered in a timely manner. And it reduced our cost overall by about 15%, which may not sound much but given how a place runs like that, it adds up.
    Last edited by void(); Oct 11, 2015 at 4:53 PM.

It is a form of suet fruit pudding, Voidie... the skin created by covering the mixture by muslin for boiling is deeelish. Bread pud I luff, but I kno the difference in colour, texture and flavour.. and I dont know if ne recipe for bread pud which involves covering in water and boiling...

It was yummie btw.. enuff left for us 2 have cold tomoz if we want tho I may reheat.. not alas 24 portions, but we shall cope..

It is a form of suet fruit pudding, Voidie... the skin created by covering the mixture by muslin for boiling is deeelish. Bread pud I luff, but I kno the difference in colour, texture and flavour.. and I dont know if ne recipe for bread pud which involves covering in water and boiling...

It was yummie btw.. enuff left for us 2 have cold tomoz if we want tho I may reheat.. not alas 24 portions, but we shall cope..
    No? But 23? So you could have us over? That would be most luffly m'dear!

It is a form of suet fruit pudding, Voidie...
    Oy, ack, Okay. *nodding like a dern fool what now has lights on after entering a dark cellar* Gotcha, were not seeing it fer the 22 different varieties of "recipe not found' on Public Broadcast's site. The scoundrels mus nae like us yanks peeking at 'em. * makes note to bell up N.C.A later * I wud luv try sum. It does sound nom nom nom.

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post
    Oy, ack, Okay. *nodding like a dern fool what now has lights on after entering a dark cellar* Gotcha, were not seeing it fer the 22 different varieties of "recipe not found' on Public Broadcast's site. The scoundrels mus nae like us yanks peeking at 'em. * makes note to bell up N.C.A later * I wud luv try sum. It does sound nom nom nom.
    An' if yer over 21, void, ye can try it laced wi' rum! Nom, nom, indeed!