Register
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Silly countdown game

I don't know if I want to commit to counting down from a trillion...but here's a silly game we can try.

Rules:
    (1) A poster posts a starting number to count down from.
    (2) Each successive post decreases the number by 1.
    (3) You may not post twice in a row.
    (4) When the count reaches 1, a poster may pick a new starting number and restart the countdown.

Winning and losing:
    A countdown is successful if it actually reaches 1.
    The winner is the poster who sets the highest starting number that results in a successful countdown.
    The loser is the poster who starts from a number so high that the countdown never reaches 1.

To gauge the patience level of our forum, I'll begin modestly:

I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Re: Silly countdown game

9 I guess the loser already is the guy with the other post of a trillion. lol

8 Seems the other was no surprise, unfortunately.

7 ....
    Have you ever ....
    woops wrong game

To throw a bone to those who think these forums should be about sex-only, we could include with our counts an optional article of clothing to lose...in chronological order of course.

6 (A cute hat)
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    To throw a bone to those who think these forums should be about sex-only, we could include with our counts an optional article of clothing to lose...in chronological order of course.

6 (A cute hat)
    "Curse you, Red Baron!"

6 (A cute hat)
    5 That can't work...I'm already naked.

4.....my three dollar hair piece.

Quote Originally Posted by void_dweller
    "Curse you, Red Baron!"
    Quote Originally Posted by mnTIMIDguy View Post
    5 That can't work...I'm already naked.
    Optional, purely optional. *smile* (and perhaps more appropriate to a longer countdown)

3 A sleeveless t-shirt, leaving socks, skivvies, a pair of cotton pt shorts. That's my normal 'at home' outfit, except in the warmer times I go without a shirt or socks. Normally only socks to put on shoes. Used to only wear blue jeans & t. Now, it's like pulling mule teeth to get me to wear dungarees. My clothes are comfy, not meant to impress, meant to be comfy.

Getting ready to take a shower but still have shorts and underpants. Whoops make that just the underpants.

Oh, for Pete's sake, y'all're gonna make me finish it? I've been trying to give someone else a chance to finish this off and start a new count...but if nobody else will do it, I'll just win and risk losing (at worst, I'll break even).

Since I started the successful countdown with the highest starting number, I am now winning.
    Since I posted the final number in that count, I get to post a new starting number.

On the one hand, I'm tempted to be generous and start at 2, so someone else gets a chance to win. But it also seems sensible to me that starting numbers should be higher than the previous (there's nothing to be gained from a lower starting number). So I'll remain unambitious, and start the new count at:

12 (removes hairband from hair)

Oh, for Pete's sake, y'all're gonna make me finish it?
    U kno wot its like Annika... sum guys just so selfish ya havta finish yasel..

Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

I could

care less

if you think

it is silly

you're still

doing it

Hi Jessicaknight,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and your rebel flair...but the rule is not to post twice in a row. So I'm afraid your posts past 10 can't count, and I'm going to have to be the one to say:

Gee, I don't pass by, too often.....but it's good to see that there is still plenty of good humour. Waves to Fran and Ben and Ian 'n' all. A blessed Autumn to all.

I am Queen of all felines. I'm a Lioness. A Leo

What!!!...No coffee??? Keep the stuff in bottles, Sir! I want a real drink!

Love, is the most important emotion in the Cosmos. Love is all.

The number of dead little animals and birds I discovered in my back garden this afternoon thanks to Minge. A good morning's hunting but I wish he hadn't taken the robin.

The Route I lived along when I was growing up...that runs from Massachusetts to California in a *very* winding path:

5.. time Fran has 2 b on road 2moz mornin'..
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Number of seasons until I get back to my favorite:

Number of different 33 & 1/3 I am ...

Most recent age I estimate I wore a diaper:

(btw, I love this new format we seem to have adopted for listing the count!)

Number of times ridden in a Porsche.

Lets start this time with the last part of that magical, marvelous, wonderful number sixty nine ......

You silly blanker! You can only win with a count that starts from the highest place...that means this whole countdown is meaningless! *cries a little, tears hair in frustration*

Alright, dammit.

8 (rhymes with hate...which I don't)