Register
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Re: Silly countdown game

135 - first 3 positive odd numbers
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Unofficial Community Leader

134 elements in a Rube Goldberg machine
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

133 what's a Rube Goldberg machine?

132 more steps along the Appalachian Trail
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

131 years ago the Fabian Society was founded in London.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Another 130 steps to a Rube Goldberg machine ... tick ... tock ... tick ... tock ...

Feeling so far into my void at present, and useless. It was a rough morning for me.
    Last edited by void(); Aug 30, 2015 at 1:06 PM.

129 Kilowatts of power
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

128 - ounces in a gallon
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

127 e-mails deleted from my spam folder
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

126 years ago Jessie King, a baby farmer, was the last woman to be judicially hanged in Edinburgh for infanticide.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    126 years ago Jessie King, a baby farmer, was the last woman to be judicially hanged in Edinburgh for infanticide.
    i just spent 125 seconds trying to figure out what a baby farmer is, is it a farmer that's a baby, or someone who farms babies? if so what is baby farming exactly? and why would you kill any babies? the whole thing is kinda confusing.
    Last edited by sysper; Aug 30, 2015 at 8:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    i just spent 125 seconds trying to figure out what a baby farmer is, is it a farmer that's a baby, or someone who farms babies? if so what is baby farming exactly? and why would you kill any babies? the whole thing is kinda confusing.
    She took the babies of unmarried women into her care (for money) and looked after them till they could be found adoptive parents.. she and the man she lived with were arrested when one of the babies she was meant to care for was found dead by some local children. She took all the blame on herself and no charges were brought on the man. She was found guilty of 3 infanticides but it was believed that there were many more. I know of her story because this all happened in the Stockbridge area of the city which I know very well through having lived there for a number of years..

....in 124 minutes, I fully expect to be asleep..
    Last edited by darkeyes; Aug 30, 2015 at 9:23 PM.

123 seconds it took to understand you were not refering to Isobel Gowdie, who by some darker and more obscure tales killed babies in practice of Witta.

122 - days remaining in 2015 after tomorrow

121. nice bit of naughty 'tween 2 peeps.... Ver nice it is 2!!!

120 mph is where most cars peg out

119 minutes of airtime on my phone
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

118 poor ignorant fools paying for tickets to watch the spectacle what exists only to sell tickets, and their 'money' only to chain them with debt.

Had me own 117 minutes of naughty yesterday...verra ver nice, indeed!

day 116 of the Julian Calendar
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

115 quarts of green beans canned and stocked ( wish it were that many think it was only like ... )

Not manipulating or cheating, think there was like 80 cans done up.

114 sharks in a feeding frenzy
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

113 tears shed this evening...rough night

sorry to hear that 112 hugz for u

111 cups of coffee on a tab, just to hash out all the poops of life

110 hours I would be awake after that much coffee

109 mins ago... ran Lou 2 school..

" mythical " El Dorado approx. 108 miles from here.

This post dedicated to Fran.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    " mythical " El Dorado approx. 108 miles from here.

This post dedicated to Fran.
    I can't imagine wy..... *coff coff splutter coff*. A rather luffly memory, Pep.... 107 reasons wy....

a dangerous fever of 106
    FIRE IN THE BELLY