Register

Thread: Do you think?

Do you think?

The reason why straight-leaning bisexual men are less visible than gay-leaning bisexual men is because straight-leaning bi men just identify as straight to avoid bigotry and biphobia?

I mean, I know that there are many bisexual men who are married to women but when it comes to the sex aspect, it seems like the bisexual men who prefer gay sex are just more vocal

Re: Do you think?

I noticed on a gay site like a4a their are soooooo many guys who are married bi men I think its kinda cool and sexy to see a bu married men on a gay site looking for m2m sex behind the wife's back

each to their own.... I know a few straight leaning guys that enjoy sex with males but not the drama or the fighting.......or being told that they have internalised biphobia etc..... they are just happy to live their lives without the negative attitudes of other people........

it may be that straight leaning guys are less likely to be interested in anything more than sex or hookups and perfer the company of a female as a partner, as opposed to gay leaning guys who enjoy the sex and the hookups but do not have a interest in a female as a partner, so they have more time and freedom to share about their interests........

I have been told that I am straight acting cos I * hide * my sexuality, which is strange cos I do not hide my sexuality, I am open about it, I just do not focus on sex sex and sex when I talk, I prefer to talk about other things, that are of interest to me but I do find that people are interested in how my female intersex partner, 2 female lovers and male lover, interact... and they can get annoyed when I do not go into sexual detail, but rather talk about the non sexual aspects like we have our own lives, homes, cars, jobs etc..... and my home is generally seen as home base.......plus the fact that I see the others as people, not fuckbuddies.....so maybe there is some truth in the idea that straight leaning have more going on in their lives than just sex with males so they tend to talk less about it.....
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Isn’t the whole idea of sexuality is that there is a spectrum? So, why is there this debate or questioning of where one lies in that spectrum? I love sucking cock. I get turned on by a cock. The guy attached to it isn’t attractive to me otherwise oh we could be friends but I really don’t have any desire to have an intimate romantic relationship with a guy. Women I find erotic and very sexually attractive. All of them. I desire an intimate romantic relationship with a women. Simple. My wife knows this and accepts it. She benefits from it. I’m quite happy where I’m at.

Im a straight acting bi guy. I know alot of others. Guys I work out with. Guys on my softball team. Me You would never guess I have a hot GF. Im manly. But I love having another dudes cock in my ass. Ive hade more dick in me than my gf. She loves to watch me have sex with other guys.

Um, is there really such a creature as a straight-acting bisexual man? Makes me wonder if "everyone" has forgotten that bisexuals are both straight and gay. What I think - what I've learned over the decades - is that there are a lot of bi guys who just do not want anyone to know that they're bi or, really, that they like male cock and ass... which is still part of the angst against homosexual men. All this bullshit about bisexual invisibility is... bullshit because unless there's something I'm not aware of, you can't look at a guy and tell that he's bisexual; the only way you're gonna find that out is if he tells you that he is. I remember the "panic" society had when it learned that very gay men were really acting straight, up to an including marrying women (and fathering babies) in order to hide their gayness. Nowadays, unless a guy is being "flashy" about being gay, you probably wouldn't easily see any signs that he's gay... but bi guys? We look and behave like straight guys... because we are; we're just not as straight as we may look or otherwise appear to others.

My "straightness" isn't an act... because I am straight... and gay... and not either one exclusively. Hiding one's "secret bi side" isn't acting straight; it's just not letting the whole world know that, again, they're not as straight as they appear to be... or as people might think... or as people tend to expect. Finally, we've always worked under the presumption that everyone is straight until proven otherwise and the problem society has with bisexuals is that they can't figure out a way to prove that someone is bi... not without actually asking them if they are. And if you expect all bi guys to just up and admit that they're bi? Good luck with that one! It's not gonna happen any time soon. Gays are pissed with us and talk about us enjoying straight privilege when, in fact, we've been straight all along so it's not a privilege; they're just pissed that their gayness is highly visible and our bisexuality, well, you can't see it and not everyone gets the chance to see or even know about that part of us.

just a man who likes sex with both men and women

Quote Originally Posted by KDaddy23 View Post
    Makes me wonder if "everyone" has forgotten that bisexuals are both straight and gay.
    Um...bisexuals are *neither* straight nor gay. We are bisexuals. I most certainly am not straight. And yet neither am I gay.

You also seem a little confused on the notion of privilege. If you have a female partner and keep your encounters with men discreet, then you most certainly enjoy the same privilege as straight people...I.e., straight privilege. Go public with a male lover, however, and that will change pretty quickly. Myself, I live with a female partner...we have zero straight privilege. But if I go on a date with a guy, I’d gain it immediately, albeit temporarily.

Finally, just a thought to consider: I typically assume that everyone is queer...not “until proven otherwise”...cause proving it isn’t possible. I just tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, ok...I do come to think of *some* people as straight...I mean, there are mannerisms and characteristics that are just hard to explain any other way. But I’m still open to being pleasantly surprised if I find they *are* queer. My point is just that “queer” is where my assumptions start. I find I’m wrong a smaller amount of the time that way.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

To me, it is this simple............I don't discuss it in public.

Am I ashamed = No
    Am I scared = no
    Am I "anything else to insert"= probably not

I just dont feel my sexuality is the biggest part of who I am as a person, and is not the number one thing people need to know about me. I have no need to introduce myself and a party and go Hi, oh, and I am Bi, Now, if at a party and someone is drunk enough they don't realize what I am, I will mention the penis under the dress, I mean, manners and all.

I dont worry if people accept me as who I am, either they do or don't, it's not really my issue, it's theirs.

Truthfully, I dont get why people are so hung up on coming out, or outing people, or identifying as this or that................just live your life. If we were all red with purple polka dots, someone would still find a reason to hate someone, its just nature. I have sex with both genders, I still have people I am attracted too, and some I am not, I just dont worry about identifying.

I face hatred from the trans community that my NOT wanting to crop off my willy and become a woman hurts them somehow, I face issues from the gay community because I enjoy women, the straight community, because they are like WTF are you ?

As I tell everyone, I identify as me, you identify as you, see what we have in common.

Coastocoast

Unless I am looking at a possible sexual relationship with someone, why would I bring up my sexuality? I do not need to tattoo it on my head, it does not define me although it is a part of me. I have witnessed a lot of problems bisexual have with both the gay and straight communities and do not engage in conversation without reason.