Register

A FOOTNOTE, SORT OF, T " 'LINCOLN AND OBAMA"

Drew, to quote you: "Discuss anything here."

A Comprehensive List Of Obama's Worst Executive Orders
    JUNE 15, 2012 BY LAURIE ROTH

There have been over 900 Executive Orders put forth from Obama, and he is not even through his first term yet. He is creating a martial law 'Disney Land' of control covering everything imaginable. Some of the executive orders he has signed recently have been exposed thanks to 'Friends of Conservative Action Alerts.' They have compiled a choice list of 'Emergency Powers, Martial law executive orders': Get your headache medication out while you still can without a prescription.

* Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
    * Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
    * Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
    * Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
    * Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
    * Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
    * Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
    * Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
    * Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
    * Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
    * Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
    * Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
    * Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

It is more than clear that Obama is planning for the total control and takeover of America via Martial Law. Food, energy, transportation, work, banking, and health. he has it covered.

While Obama is busy pulling executive orders out of the sky to control everything inside our country, he has been issuing executive orders to force us to submit to international regulations instead of our Constitution.

Sher Zieve exposed this in one of her recent articles. Damn the U.S. Constitution, damn the American people and damn U.S. sovereignty.

Re: A FOOTNOTE, SORT OF, T " 'LINCOLN AND OBAMA"

Well Gen, now why don't you say something about what the Republicans have been up to? Just a bit of a side note on Todd Akin and the like... oh guess that's too much to ask for someone who can't see the forest for the trees...

I'm not quite sure why you are so hostile to Obama if you really don't like him.. VOTE. But remember to vote for the other is to vote for someone who thinks you should have no rights to same sex marriage and who thinks Fred Phelps is the second coming of Christ... *my opinion, my OPINION* signed.. a registered Democrat and will be voting as such.
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

How 'bout those ICE agents that are suing Janet Nepalitano for ordering/forcing them to NOT enforce the law. Of course Janet was just following the directive put out by Mr Obama!!!

How 'bout the sheriff of Penal County, whose deputy stopped a 17 year old illegal alien going 85 in a 35 mph zone. Ice, following the orders of Janet and Obama, told them to let the illegal alien go!!!!

Duckies, I am a patriot. I believe the United States became the greatest (including the most philanthropic) nation in the history of mankind being what the United States was founded as and what it has been for 270-some-odd years. I value, respect, and honor the MILLIONS of American men and women who lost their lives,the millions more who were maimed, and the still millions more who put their lives on the line defendingwhat the United States was founded to be and has been for 270+ years. Compared to preserving the United States as the great nation that it has been, that has accomplished all that it has, to focus on the right of same-sex couples to have the same legal standing and legal rights as heterosexual couples (something I believe should be), call it a "civil union" or a (civil) "marriage," I don't care, is like whining that there is a pebble in your shoe while your femeral artery has been cut through. I submit that the Executive Orders cited are proof enough that Obama intends to destory our government as founded, shaped, and up-until-now controlled by the Constitution.

Romney holds the traditional belief of marriage that has existed since the beginning of civilization and wasn't considered wrong by anyone until all this "Political Correctness" bullshit came along. That doesn't make him an evil person. It just makes him a member of the majority with whom you disagree.

Save our country, then worry about the social rights of the gays living in it.
    Last edited by gen11; Aug 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM. Reason: Clarity of expression

Quote Originally Posted by gen11 View Post
    Save our country, then worry about the social rights of the gays living in it.
    You do it your way, I'll do it mine. We both want the same thing but see different means to that end. But I worry about everyone now, I worry about the rights that some are so willing to trample on in their haste to save a few dollars on taxes. I worry about the people who struggle to make it each and every day, whether they are here legally or illegally. America used to be the long sought after land of opportunity, now we know that working hard will still get you something, but will it be enough? Depends on who you ask. All the politicians are the same, they stick one hand out while kissing the babies then use the other to dip into the pocketbooks. But I do fully believe that Obama is the better choice than Romney, not just because of my political party but because I can see what is going on. First, someone wants to take away rights of a few, next it's my rights and your rights, Gen. Think about it from that point of view. As a soldier who fought for freedom would you deny me my freedom of choice?

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

I am not a fan of Obama, but I am not a fan of Romney either. Henceforth I will be voting independent. I am probably most upset that big corporations have such a big say in government and such control over candidates.
    Fake glasses + Mustache tattoo = perfect disguise

Duckies,

You are right that we see things differently, and I accept what you say about your sentiments on the face of your words. I see the Obama administration as the greatest, most immediate threat to your freedoms that has come to this country, including both World Wars and the Civil War. I see attacks on the First, Second, and 14th Amendments. I see a deliberate, consistent, and generally clandestine erosion of the principles of government on which this nation was founded -- the power of the Constitution , the balance of powers between the three branches of government (chiefly a theft of power from the Legislative to the Executive through the appointment of an army of czars, for instance); a deliberate -- deliberate -- weakening of our stature in the face of our enemies and allies alike; and a total, abject, horrific failure to do anything positive about the economy, about jobs, about protecting National Security (the trails of illegal immigrants across our southern boarder are littered with Korans).

Are you aware that as Hitler rose to power, he confiscated all the privately-owned firearms in Germany?

Are you aware that he took control of all news media? Just for instance?

If you do love this country, Duckies, please -- get your head out of the clouds of idealism, and look at the reality of the storm beneath them!
    Last edited by gen11; Aug 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM.

I am a former independent and now a republican. I rejoined the republican party in order to vote against McCain in the last primary election. Romney is not the one I would have selected. However, I will definitely vote AGAINST Obama in November. I feel that a vote against Obama is a vote in favor of the United States of America.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZA-GOP.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	7915 Just a little ditty I found, since the Repubs are working heavily on introducing new abortion bills.

I'm very pro-choice. Make a choice to abstain; to insist that he wear a condom; use an IUD; to use a diaphram; to use the pill; to use Delfin. . . .

I'm very pro-choice. Make a choice to abstain; to insist that he wear a condom; use an IUD; to use a diaphram; to use the pill; to use Delfin. . . .
    I wasn't assuming you weren't pro choice. But the reality is Evangelical Christians and Catholics and the extreme religious right are the majority of republicans, hence why they run on the pro-life platform. Hence, no abortion, no access to birth control, no use of birth control and taking money away from Planned Parenthood. Which provides health services outside of reproductive services. Breast cancer screenings, cervical screenings, STD testing.

Catholics benefit the most from the anti-abortion stance, they have a huge stake in adoption agencies and orphanages. Which they use as a source of income. Others who are pro life, benefit the least because its just their taxes that go to take care of the unwanted children, or their property values that go down due to Low-income housing that needs to be given just to help mother and child survive, and I am concrete in the word survive. Because it's not thriving.

Didn't claim anyone assumed I was or wasn't pro-choice.

But I'd very much like to see documentation that Catholics MAKE money on orphanages and adoption agencies. What is your source of information, please?

My personal belief is that the Catholic Church's stand on artificial birth control is so out of date it's ridiculous, but I do believe that human life begins at conception as a MORAL issue, and that a fetus becomes a citizen at the point it is viable outside the womb with the full benefit of medical science, and therefore is due the protections of CIVIL LAW, and aborting beyond that point is murder unless there are extenuating circumstances, as there are with some homocides, but that the mother's convenience or whims are not extenuating circumstances. And obviously I believe that moral and civil considerations are distinct and apart.
    Last edited by gen11; Aug 24, 2012 at 8:14 PM.

Gen,

My feet are firmly planted on terra firma that is until I have to elevate them to get the swelling down. I am pro choice, anti drug, NRA member who is also proLGBT. I have posted often on here about my support for the military even with my dwindling support for the war. I have three children, the youngest two have never known a day with America being at war. That being said, I pretty much live the Meredith Brooks song "Bitch" it could be my theme for sure. I am not someone who just joins in with the crowd, i read news from various sources and try to avoid the obvious biases and I reach my own bottom line. My bottom line may be different from yours or it may be the same, but I don't go out and just join websites with people who subscribe to my bottom line and refuse to see any other point of view. I avoid the scaremongering of the people who try to claim that this part is doing this and this party is doing that. So yeah my feet are on the ground and my head has never been in the clouds.. less birds shit on me that way :D

I vote and I stand by what I have said over and over and over, if you don't vote you lost the right to bitch. Our system isn't perfect but it's a lot better than some around the world.

So I'll be voting and I'll be voting for the candidate that most closely matches my views on a lot of issues including support for what you term "social rights of gay people". I believe in true equality not equality PLUS because someone is something other than straight white conservative male. Hope that clarified it for you :D

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

Didn't claim anyone assumed I was or wasn't pro-choice.

But I'd very much like to see documentation that Catholics MAKE money on orphanages and adoption agencies. What is your source of information, please?

My personal belief is that the Catholic Church's stand on artificial birth control is so out of date it's ridiculous, but I do believe that human life begins at conception as a MORAL issue, and that a fetus becomes a citizen at the point it is viable outside the womb with the full benefit of medical science, and therefore is due the protections of CIVIL LAW, and aborting beyond that point is murder unless there are extenuating circumstances, as there are with some homocides, but that the mother's convenience or whims are not extenuating circumstances. And obviously I believe that moral and civil considerations are distinct and apart.
    My source of information. No documents sadly. But my husband, his sister and his parents. His parents paid 10's of thousands to a Catholic Adoption agency (Referred by their Catholic Church) to have him adopted out of Asia. The air fare and his chaperone, paid for out of their pocket. This was the early 70's. His sister adopted before him, from a local Catholic Orphanage (again associated with their church) just 6 years prior to his adoption. Also 10's of thousands of dollars.

So I have heard, Experience speaks volumes and one can not trust the Church to be absolutely honest in their endeavors. History has shown.

So just to be clear and not to be mistaken.... You are against abortion only past the 21-ish week?

Sighs drugs are working overtime, my post should state my youngest two have never known a day WITHOUT America being at war...

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

Are we done with the bannings? Nothing to do with this post (cough) but a lot of folks liked Drew in his undies. Just sayin'

My wild Irish rose
    The sweetest flower that grows
    You may search everywhere
    But none can compare
    With my wild Irish rose

My wild Irish rose
    The dearest flower that grows
    And someday for my sake
    May traverse the "lake"
    Come to Chicago from Lame
    And let me see her for the first time in my life.

Just saying.

My wild Irish rose
    poor jealous baby ...
    "To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by **Peg** View Post
    poor jealous baby ...
    Well said, my friend!!
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."

C. S. Lewis

I guess that Obama just picked up where George W left off---I do think it is crap that Obama clearly said that among his list of priorities upon taking office---have his new Attorney General come to the Oval Office and they would sit down and strike all of ExOs that Bush did that they thought were "extra-Constitutional"---but of course---when he took office--no such thing happened and he only went on to extend such things---of course-the other thing we need to do---is to undo the USA Patriot ACT---thankfully most of the provisions that are in that law---neither the Bush or Obama administrations have elected to make use of--but the law is damn scary since it in effect basically with one grand swoop---took away most of our cherished Constitutional freedoms--or at least those restrictions are sitting there ready for the use of this or any future presidential administration----I would bet that most of the Orders that Obama signed---are merely him just signing on to and extending the time limits of the things that Bush already had done.

It does go to show that by allowing ANY president to assume authority that that are not granted to the POTUS---if such things are not stopped as soon as they are done and allowed to take hold--then the "cat is out of the bag" and its too late to put them back--and that one party who is in power when they do such things--they might just be hung on their own petard when a president of the opposition party does take control of the office----so they had better think long and hard about granting such extra-Constitutional authority to "their president" because those powers are bound to be assumed and enjoyed when the holder of the office is "not our president."

It is one of the truisms of government that powers once bestowed on or taken by government are hardly, if ever, cut back.

Back when Bush was president---the same "conservative" Constitutional Scholar, Bruce Fein, who wrote the Articles of Impeachment against Bill Clinton--called on the impeachment of both George W. Bush and Dick Cheney due to their grabbing of powers for the offices of president and vice-president that were clearly not conferred by the Constitution and our other laws--but he was ignored and his calls left unheard. He cited both the executive orders that Bush signed and also many of the provisions of the USA Patriot Act that granted powers to the Chief Executive that were never meant to be conferred.

If conservatives are having some indigestion that Barack Obama or any other "liberal" president might have access to such powers thanks to what they gave to one of their own and had no problem with that--I say---SCREW THEM!!!

But there is no doubt---we really do need to reform this area, along with things like campaign financing, opening our political system to more than the stranglehold that the two major parties hold, elimination of the Electoral College and many other things if we are to fully and truly restore any semblance of the democratic Republic we once had--as it is now---it really is the case that power in this nation is being concentrated in the hands of fewer and fewer people and being taken away from that broad grant of Freedom to "We The People" that are enshrined in the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

I do have to say--I voted for Obama last time---but it will be hard to do this time-but I sure as hell won't be voting for Romney either--especially now that he has picked Paul Ryan as his VEEP running mate---I happened the other night upon a speech by the Green Party candidate Jill Stein laying out that party's platform--and have to say---based on that-I am at least going to be doing my "due diligence" in learning more about that party and if I like what they are about and the party is on my state's ballot---I am very likely going to vote that way---even though---realistically in America---voting for a "third party" is more or less a "throw away vote"---I really think that if that party meets my views--I really don't have any other choice.

I personally think that it really doesn't matter one way or the other if one votes for the Republican or Democratic tickets---neither party and their candidates really care much anymore about the future of the country---its just that they emerge victorious and even if the the nation is "going to hell in a handbasket"--as long as they have a good place to sit that doesn't cause them too much personal discomfort---they will enjoy that ride and say: "fuck everyone and everything else!"---sort of like the Slim Pickens character who bronco rode the A-bomb to its target towards the end of the movie "Doctor Strangelove."
    Last edited by 12voltman59; Aug 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I live fairly close to the Mexican border, in the center of one of the major corridors for the drug trafficers. There are places near the border that are posted with signs warning American citizens to stay out, the locations are too dangerous to enter.
    Last month the a deputy sheriff in Pinal County, AZ stopped a 17 year old for driving 85 in a 35 MPH zone. It turns out the punk was an illegal alien, brought here by his parents, also illegal aliens. Procedure calls for the law enforcement officer to contact Imigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and to turn the illegal over to them for processing. ICE, following Obama's directive was told to let the punk go!!!! Thank you MR Obama for ordering law enforcement NOT to enforce federal law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since someone wants to bring up what the Biblical Marriage is, I thought I'd throw this out there :

http://bobcargill.files.wordpress.co...l-marriage.jpg

Thanks for posting that up Joe---not only on this topic--but it shows the absurdity and impossibility of living one's life in a modern society by the standards of the "literal bible"--it is something that is simply not possible-and it sure as hell would not be any kind of life anyone with half a brain cell left would want to REALLY try to live!!!

If you wonder if you have a reason to be paranoid and you think the government is watching you----based upon this short doc film--we very well are likely to have real reason to be paranoid---and to say----BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/op...gram.html?_r=1

Drew, to quote you: "Discuss anything here."

A Comprehensive List Of Obama's Worst Executive Orders
    JUNE 15, 2012 BY LAURIE ROTH

There have been over 900 Executive Orders put forth from Obama, and he is not even through his first term yet. He is creating a martial law 'Disney Land' of control covering everything imaginable. Some of the executive orders he has signed recently have been exposed thanks to 'Friends of Conservative Action Alerts.' They have compiled a choice list of 'Emergency Powers, Martial law executive orders': Get your headache medication out while you still can without a prescription.

* Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
    * Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
    * Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
    * Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
    * Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
    * Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
    * Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
    * Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
    * Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
    * Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
    * Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
    * Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
    * Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

It is more than clear that Obama is planning for the total control and takeover of America via Martial Law. Food, energy, transportation, work, banking, and health. he has it covered.

While Obama is busy pulling executive orders out of the sky to control everything inside our country, he has been issuing executive orders to force us to submit to international regulations instead of our Constitution.

Sher Zieve exposed this in one of her recent articles. Damn the U.S. Constitution, damn the American people and damn U.S. sovereignty.
    Interesting.

gen11,

I have not been satisfied with Obama’s performance as president. Some of his decisions and actions have been, in my opinion terribly bad. It is a shame however, that people try to use false and misleading information to influence voting.

Your post lists information about Executive Orders claimed to have been issued by Obama and the list, compiled by someone else, was passed on as true. I suggest that in the future you check your sources. Here are the real facts. Obama didn’t sign any of them.

* Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports. – No, establishes the Department of Labor Federal Safety Council, does not authorize such takeover of transportation – issued by President John F. Kennedy February 2, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58928) – superseded by Executive Order 11612 signed by President Richard M. NixonJuly 26, 1971

* Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media. – No, establishes the position of Director of Telecommunications Management to coordinate telecommunications activities of the executive branch of government, but no right to seize and control civilian communication media – signed by President John F. Kennedy February 16, 1962 (www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/eo/eo-10995.htm) – revoked by Executive Order 11556 signed by President Richard Nixon September 4, 1969

* Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals. – No, does not provide for takeover of civilian assets – signed by President John F Kennedy February 16, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58935) – revoked by Executive Order 11490 signed by President Richard Nixon October 28, 1969

* Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision. – No, does not address formation of work brigades – signed by President John F. Kennedy February 16, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58938) – revoked by Executive Order 11490 signed by President Richard Nixon October 28, 1969

* Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions. – designed for preparedness in the event of nuclear attack – signed by President John F. Kennedy February 16, 1962 (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58940) – revoked by Executive Order 11490 signed by President Richard Nixon October 28, 1969

* Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons. – registering persons and families for the purpose of receiving and answering welfare inquiries, and reuniting families in civil defense emergencies – not mandatory registration – signed by President John F. Kennedy February 16, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58941) – revoked by Executive Order 11490 signed by President Richard Nixon October 28, 1969

* Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.- Provides for Civil Defense planning limited to “air emergencies” – signed by President John F. Kennedy February 16, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58942) – revoked by Executive Order 11490 signed by President Richard Nixon October 28, 1969

* Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations. – provides for emergency planning – signed by President John F. Kennedy February 16, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58943) – revoked by Executive Order 11490 signed by President Richard Nixon October 28, 1969

* Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities. – national emergency preparedness – signed by President John F. Kennedy February 16, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58944) – revoked by Executive Order 11490 signed by President Richard Nixon October 28, 1969

* Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period. – provides for implementation of the Public Works Administration Act of 1962 – signed by President John F. Kennedy September 14, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58988) – revoked by Executive Order 12553 signed by President Ronald Regan February 25, 1986

* Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis. – provides for the preparation of nonmilitary plans and preparedness programs with respect to organization and functioning of the Federal Government under emergency conditions pursuant to the National Security Act of 1947, the Defense Production Act of 1950 (50 U.S.C. App. 2061 et seq.), the Federal Civil Defense Act of 1950 (50 U.S.C. App. 2251 et seq.), and the Reorganization Plan No. 1 of 1958 (72 Stat. 1799) – signed by President John F. Kennedy September 27, 1962 (www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58990) – revoked by Executive Order 12148 signed by President Jimmy Carter July 20, 1979

* Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President. Revoked by Executive Order 11490 signed by President Richard Nixon October 28, 1969

* Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months. – signed by President Gerald R, Ford June 11, 1976
    The hardest part is not finding out who we need to be, it is being content with who we are.

Pappy,

you said it mostly in your first sentence... information passed on as true in an attempt to influence voting. I checked out the Roth site, discounted it as completely biased and paranoid and moved on. Thanks for that post about the origins but in the end it won't change a few minds :/

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

bityme, you are correct -- I didn't check the source closely and I should have. The amount of work you apparently put into your response deserves the respect of close consideration, and I intend to give it that -- provided I can figure out how to copy/paste your response to an neutral file.

FYI....he rarely checks sources.....just likes to hear himself be correct....so be ready for more inspiring posts from gen.

bityme, you are correct -- I didn't check the source closely and I should have. The amount of work you apparently put into your response deserves the respect of close consideration, and I intend to give it that -- provided I can figure out how to copy/paste your response to an neutral file.
    gen11,

The thing that got my attention was the 900 number. I knew that had to be an error. It turns out that Obama has only issued 134 so far.

You can get info about executive orders at the Federal Register. The web site is http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...cutive-orders/

Even though I won't vote for Obama and have serious questions about Romney, I think everyone should have the correct information and make their own informed decisions. The problem is that it is very difficult to sort through the rhetoric and misinformation from all sides.

Pappy