Register

Naked Harry unnerves British press

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4494676/

'The Sun newspaper’s decision to print nude pictures of Prince Harry against the wishes of the Royal Family sends a message that it will fight tougher media regulation in the wake of Britain’s phone-hacking scandal.

Thursday’s papers refrained from running the grainy snaps showing the third in line to the throne cavorting naked with friends in a Las Vegas hotel suite after royal officials contacted the Press Complaints Commission media watchdog.
    ..."

I don't think that any legitimate media (hard copy or internet) should publish nude pictures of anyone without their permission. I agree that this is salacious garbage. Here are some comments from Canucks on the Globe & Mail's comment section.

What say the Welsh, Scots, English, Canucks, Aussies, NZlanders and other Commonwealth peeps?

"Wow, a healthy 27 year old male got naked with a girl. That's never happened before!"

"I would like the media to post the name of the photographer who took those photos"

"The press was at least partly responsible for the death of Harry's mother. Unrestrained, the press are the lowest possible cretins."

"We have a new picture to put on the 100 dollar bill."

"Harry's not that hairy afterall."

"I don't care if he is a public figure, there are some things that are just plain private. If it's not illegal to publish those photos it should be.
    He's not having an affair, he wasn't snorting or injecting anything illegal. Leave him alone."

Last edited by tenni; Aug 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Re: Naked Harry unnerves British press

Sorry been reading the stories about this since it broke.. his family might not be that happy, his superiors might not be too happy with him, but the actual people are loving it and several were quoted as saying he did nothing wrong, he was on vacation!!!

So yeah, the stories on Stuff.co.nz have been very entertaining :D
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

LOW and very very simple minded people who put this in the press.....

Do they have the ability to stop them from publishing it?

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4494676/

'The Sun newspaper’s decision to print nude pictures of Prince Harry against the wishes of the Royal Family sends a message that it will fight tougher media regulation in the wake of Britain’s phone-hacking scandal.

Thursday’s papers refrained from running the grainy snaps showing the third in line to the throne cavorting naked with friends in a Las Vegas hotel suite after royal officials contacted the Press Complaints Commission media watchdog.
    ..."

I don't think that any legitimate media (hard copy or internet) should publish nude pictures of anyone without their permission. I agree that this is salacious garbage. Here are some comments from Canucks on the Globe & Mail's comment section.

What say the Welsh, Scots, English, Canucks, Aussies, NZlanders and other Commonwealth peeps?

"Wow, a healthy 27 year old male got naked with a girl. That's never happened before!"

"I would like the media to post the name of the photographer who took those photos"

"The press was at least partly responsible for the death of Harry's mother. Unrestrained, the press are the lowest possible cretins."

"We have a new picture to put on the 100 dollar bill."

"Harry's not that hairy afterall."

"I don't care if he is a public figure, there are some things that are just plain private. If it's not illegal to publish those photos it should be.
    He's not having an affair, he wasn't snorting or injecting anything illegal. Leave him alone."

What say I? Nice way to keep real news of the front pages... a distraction.. Royal family is always good as a distraction... love them or hate them, approve of this kinda stuff or not..peeps will concentrate on this pap while Rome burns.... why would the government want it banned? They are in deep poop and so their nice friendly neighbourhood news sheet duly obliges.. is it in the public interest? Hardly.. is it of public interest? Quite a different matter.. should it be banned? Of course not if we believe in Press freedom..should it be published? Of course not if we value our own...
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.