Register

Thread: is it normal

is it normal

Hi.

Ever since I worked out that I'm bisexual the more I think about it the gayer I feel.

Is this often the case?

I've never really found men physically attractive but recently a gay person we were having a meal with looked at me and gave me a smile there was something different to how he would normally.

I must admit now I do find him quite sexy even though I've never thought that of another man. Is that normal too when adapting to a new sexuality

Anyway thanks for your time and advice in advance
    Last edited by ruttingstag; May 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM.

Re: is it normal

Before I decided I was bisexual, for the longest time I would be into men, loved nude pictures, videos of men and pretty much convince myself "Hay, I think I'm gay". Although it wasn't an easy life I could at least feel happy that I had found a sexual identity. But then I would see a video of a woman pleasuring herself too and be just as aroused. It used to really drive me crazy because I thought that I HAD to be one way OR the other.

I think it may be perfectly natural to have strong feelings toward one person or one gender for a length of time but if you still feel attraction of some type toward another gender then I would still consider that bisexual. The way I define bisexual is I can love someone regardless of what is between their legs.

Yes it is Darlin. Just go slow and discover your sexuality and have fun with it. Be safe at all times and learn to discover You.:}
    Cat
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

What is normal for one to feel, is not to another. I have never felt gay nor have I ever found another man sexy.

Rutt, I think people, who have just begun to have sexual feelings for those of the same gender, often feel that they will make a full swing to that side. One will often go wholeheartedly for new experiences, then settle later somewhere between the two. I have heard of folks who changed from being hetero to gay, and from gay to hetero. There are a few members, here, who were once hetero, but are not solidly gay.

Each of us are different, but it's not uncommon for our sexual pendulum to swing from one side to the other.

Life is an adventure...don't take it too seriously and try to be yourself while you're at it!

Good luck.

I'm at a similar stage to you. I think I've decided I'm just pretty open minded when it comes to sex (not that I've got much experience!). The more I look on the internet the more fetishes I seem to love, everything from pantihose to a brief fascination with incest when I was younger (just used to read LOADS of stories). I wouldn't want a relationship to be in a relationship with a man but I am interested in experimenting with. I really want my first time with a bloke to include a woman, actually not sure if I'd want to be with just a bloke. Time will tell...
    Keep us updated

Thanks for your replies.

It just seems strange I suppose I've wondered what it would be like and fantasized about being with a man but never been attracted physically to any.

Now all of a sudden I know someone male and fancy him physically it just kind of makes my head spin a little.

I'm sure many people know what i mean it seems quite difficult for me to put it into words lol.

Yes, when you find a person you really "like" it can feel special. Good thing he is gay actually, I've had that same feeling over straight guys before too, but as you can imagine they just don't have reciprocal feelings.

Sounds like chemistry. Sounds like your friend is attracted to you, and that can be a turn on in itself. A kind of infectious lustful edging that makes you feel desired, and desire.
    In other words: You know he wants sex with you, and that cause's you to think of him sexually, and at the very least your thinking, "Hmmmm? I could work with that.".

Go on! So far he's the best candidate for great m-m sex out of Earth's entire population.

I found with me it was a phase, I got very cock obsessed after my first successful forays, but now it has settled down to a constant background awareness. A couple of times a year I meet with a "suck buddy" friend and we get it out of our systems for another six months...

it is percectly normal to feel confused bout one sexual identity just keep searching through your self i my self thought my bisexual nature a cure a longest times because the way people treated me but i long since relized its a gift and nothing can change that

As long as you're not hurting anyone, whatever you feel or do is perfectly fine. And you can change over time as well, both in your drive and your orientation. My interest in a man as a boyfriend/husband is minimal, but I crave male sexuality.

My desire for MM encounters has been pretty constant since I was 18 or so, but largely surpressed. Accepting my bisexuality has released me from some, but not all, of the constraints that held me back. The more MM encounters I have the more gay I become.
    Bisexual Explorer