Register

Thread: Nudest resort

Nudest resort

I recently did something I always wanted to do, visit a nudest resort. I knew about this place for a long time it's not far from my home. When I first got there I was surprised how easy and uneventful it was to enter, basically pay a fee in the office, get a run down on the rules, and your on your own. The parking lot is on site so you are expected to leave your belongings in your car. I came alone and had no idea what to expect, was filled with anxiety standing naked by my car contemplating the walk across a grass lot toward a pool area where I planned to hang out. Now I must say I had no sexual expectations or motivation for my visit I simply wanted to be outside naked with other accepting naked people. With that said, my biggest fear was whether my penis would agree and not develop a mind of it's own and become inappropriately aroused. I felt it swelling a little as I walked across the grass toward the pool with the air breezing over my naked body, which in turn created a rush of shame which took care of the situation, after that I experienced no more rogue penis insubordination.

I stayed at the pool for a few hours. I brought a book with me and read a few chapters although I wouldn't want to be quizzed on comprehension. I was watching people and trying to get a feel for the place. I noticed mostly normal looking naked people doing what people normally do at a resort pool. The majority were older people I'd say 35 and up though there were people of all ages including children. The children made me a little uncomfortable even though the ones that I saw were anything but uncomfortable, I figure they must have grown up this way and it's normal for them. All the people I encountered were nice, a few approached and said hello. Surprising for me it wasn't long before I felt completely comfortable being nude and interacting with other naked people.

I just wanted to share a little of the experience of my naked day and say that overall it was enjoyable. I can't say I got a complete education of the lifestyle, though I do plan to go back soon. There were cliques grouped together that I noticed, such as the tattooed pierced group, and a few small all male groups that makes me think there might be more going on in the campground. Maybe for another day.

I'd be interested in other peoples experiences

Re: Nudest resort

I had a similar experience when I first went to a nudist camp. I actually drove by the resort twice before I pulled in. I had visions of getting an erection and being embarrassed. That never happened, although the sun felt great on my naked body. Nobody pointed at me or laughed, we'll at least not to my face, lol. That was 40 yrs. ago. I was hooked the first time and eventually became a full time nudist. We raised 3 kids like that and they grew up normal with the exception of being nudists. The biggest thing to remember is nudity does not equal sex. It is two entirely different things. We always say that being naked is sex, but being nude is a lifestyle. There are clubs that endorse nudity and sex, but there are a lot of family clubs where children are allowed and welcomed. Don't get us wrong, there is sex going on, but behind closed doors. If you are looking for a family club, look at AANR website for listings.

I've been enjoying the Ponderosa in Indiana for over two decades.

The common misconception is that it's one big orgy....and it far from that really. "Naturalists" (which is what they prefer to be called), simply enjoy enjoying the sun and playing volleyball, swimming, and having fun, just naked. A friend of mine played in a band that played at a nudist resort. They held a lovely dinner-dance and most people were nude, while some were clothed or dressed semi-nude.

While there are nudist resorts that include swinging and sexual play, that's a whole different animal really.

If you're really worried about getting an erection, bring a small hand towel with you. If it happens, cover with the towel until it goes away. Also, so long as you're just walking around and acting normally - people generally wont care - they happen. If you're just sitting around watching people though, definitely use the towel because that may appear creepy.

Welcome to the club! I just started going to one near me and have now been there every weekend for the last 2 months. I've joined the Archery club and we have a tournament this weekend. I have never been anywhere in my life that I have felt so comfortable and safe. Being an overweight redhead, I have always avoided the sun, but I am now developing a nice "tan", well, as much as I can get anyway. But the people! The most friendly group I have ever come across. All walks of life from toddlers to folks in their 90s, every shape and size and it makes no difference. The only "trouble" I am having is with my daughters. I am torturing them with tales in the sun. They just put their fingers in their ears and pretend I'm not there. Payback for all of the things "Daddy" didn't need to hear when they were growing up.

The dances at the lounge on Friday and Saturday night are alot of fun too. (good thing I have ED. LOL)

A naturalist is someone who studies nature.
    A naturist is someone who likes to run around without any clothes on.

I have never met a nudist that prefers to be called either. Both of the above terms are commonly used by people who have never been to a nudist resort.

Well Randypan, once you get hooked you keep going back. Sounds like you found a really good family oriented place to relax. We are pretty much surrounded by nudist resorts. Some are family, some adult, some are fairly rustic others are posh and modern in every respect. All are fun.
    Treat her like a thoroughbred and you will never have a nag.

I don't believe that "Naturist" is "commonly used by people who have never been to a nudist resort." When I've used that term, I often have to explain what I mean. People in the textile world tend to equte "nudist" with "Swinger", but don't make the same connection when you use the term "Naturist."

Also, "Naturist" is often used by "nudists", not just "people who have never been to a nudist resort" If you Google "naturist", you'll get thousands of hits to sites run by & for nudists. H&E naturist, http://www.henaturist.net/ and The Naturist Society (TNS) http://www.naturist.com/ and just two examples. TNS is nearly as big of an organization as AANR.

Quote Originally Posted by welickit View Post
    A naturalist is someone who studies nature.
    A naturist is someone who likes to run around without any clothes on.

I have never met a nudist that prefers to be called either. Both of the above terms are commonly used by people who have never been to a nudist resort.

Well Randypan, once you get hooked you keep going back. Sounds like you found a really good family oriented place to relax. We are pretty much surrounded by nudist resorts. Some are family, some adult, some are fairly rustic others are posh and modern in every respect. All are fun.

"Naturist" is so 1940. Nudists are now much more comfortable with calling it what it is - nudist and nudism. The N in ANNR stands for nudist - not naturist as it does in TNS. And whoever said it, naked is sexy, nude isn't. And the reason that some folks get naturist and naturalist mixed up is because nude is so damn natural...LOL.

NakedInSeattle, you are right about that. You still see people using the term nudist camp also. They are obviously not a part of any active nudist community. Times change and some folks don't get the message. Most have good intentions. Trying to correct them or educate them and bring them up to date is usually a waste of time. The interesting part is that people being introduced to being a nudist for the first time are usually very up to date and have done their homework and know what is what before they ever actually sign into a resort for the first time. The internet plays a major role as resorts generally have their own web sites with plenty of information available.
    Treat her like a thoroughbred and you will never have a nag.

1940's? Perhaps it is old fashioned, I won't argue with that. But then, I'm kinda old fashioned. But I don't use the term very often anyway. I usually use "Nudist".
    I've never used the term "Nudist camp", but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the term "Nudist Colony." I was a member of Avalon Resort in West Virginia when I lived in that area and several local people call it a "nudist colony."

This sounds really interesting, although I'm sure I would be nervous the first time too..I had heard about using the towel as well. In a lot of situations I think I would be fine but to be honest I'm not entirely sure I could control myself at a dance. Of course I HAVE loved people with touch in a non-sexual way before - I guess it might be easier to do than I imagine.

People hide behind a lot of stuff, the idea of not hiding in clothes is sort of interesting. It might be nice just to be accepted for who you are. I think I would still need to bring a towel though, if for nothing else it would give me something to sit ON.

I've seen kids play nude (some friends of mine asked me to watch and make sure they didn't get into trouble) and honestly, if nobody tells them its "wrong" and makes them feel ashamed then they could really care less..it was just a nice sunny day and of course there is no sexual connotation.

Although I'm sure I would be bashful at first I often wonder why people get so upset when something like a "wardrobe malfunction" happens, I mean it's not like people haven't seen those parts before. People might be a lot less uptight once you take away all the apprehension about it..of course I'm only guessing - I've never been.
    Last edited by elian; May 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM.

I've never been myself but I'm looking forward to going to one for the afternoon in Northen Indiana as I'm always driving by there. Good information!