Register

Thread: Bathhouse?

Question Bathhouse?

I read in another thread about a guy having his first experience in a bathhouse... I've heard of such places before, but did not know that they still existed in this day and age, I just kinda thought that they were a relic of the 70s and early 80s.

That got me to looking on the web for more info, I found out that there are a couple of nice ones in my area. They offer free HIV testing, free condoms, and have a strict no bare-backing policy. So, it seems I would have relatively safe encounters there. The one I'm thinking about joining has a pool, whirlpool, hot tub, sauna and steam room. There is also a nice lounge area with television and a billiards table. So, a lot of amenities and social interaction areas, and It seems to be a reasonable price. My wife likes the idea of me joining and getting my male/male fix there because of the fee HIV testing we both figure members would be a fool not to take advantage of that and it sets both of our minds at ease when it comes to the possibility of me bringing disease home. While I am aware that there is always a risk, this place just kinda seems less risky.

So, my question is: Have any of you ever been to a bathhouse before and if so what was the experienece like for you? Was it good bad or just kinda meh?
    Last edited by axlton; Apr 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM.

Re: Bathhouse?

Hi Ax

I have visited several "Bath-Houses" in the past - Mid Towne Spas (Dallas, Houston & Denver) another one in Houston and one in Pheonix.
    All of my encounters have been good. That being said, some have been better than others. It really depends on the day of the week
    and your personal frame of mind when you go.

Hope this helped.

Doggie
    When injustice becomes law,
    Resistance becomes DUTY. T. Jefferson

Love the one in Berkeley California. Steamworks. Have had alot of fun there, especially the sling back in the corner.

I've been to Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and San Jose. Mostly they have been good experiences. Each one is different. Quality can vary. Also, the day of week and time of day is important.

Quote Originally Posted by tristancir View Post
    I've been to Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and San Jose. Mostly they have been good experiences. Each one is different. Quality can vary. Also, the day of week and time of day is important.
    As for time of day/day of the week... I'd like to find maybe a medium size crowd my first time out. Enough guys so there are some to pick and choose from, and maybe find some guys my age and level of fitness. But not such a large crowd that I feel agoraphobic. I just want to feel comfortable, have a good time (shoot some pool) and maybe find a few well hung in shape guys to fool around with the first time out. Then maybe a largish crowd for the next visit, once I've gotten used to the place. So, I'm guessing weekday early evening for my first trip, weekend afternoon or later in the night for my second. Does that sound about right?

Also are there any rules of etiquette that I should know about before going in?

SteamWorks in Seattle is a great place. The ONLY place to play as far as I'm concerned.

I love Club Orlando and I for5got the name of the one in San Jose, ca. Both are great! orlando is just a beautiful club to meet and greet!

I would Love to go to a bath house! Sign me up!!

Sounds like fun wish there was one in our area Fort Walton beach Florida

Quote Originally Posted by axlton View Post
    As for time of day/day of the week... I'd like to find maybe a medium size crowd my first time out. Enough guys so there are some to pick and choose from, and maybe find some guys my age and level of fitness. But not such a large crowd that I feel agoraphobic. I just want to feel comfortable, have a good time (shoot some pool) and maybe find a few well hung in shape guys to fool around with the first time out. Then maybe a largish crowd for the next visit, once I've gotten used to the place. So, I'm guessing weekday early evening for my first trip, weekend afternoon or later in the night for my second. Does that sound about right?

Also are there any rules of etiquette that I should know about before going in?
    Here's a link to wikipedia's section on bathhouses, with a section on etiquette: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bathhouse

As far as finding "a few well hung in shape guys", don't be surprised when you also find plenty of us older, not so well hung out of shape guys, too (especially if you go on a morning or afternoon during the week.) The key to enjoying the baths is to "just say no" to anything or anyone you don't want to do!

Enjoy, and always play safe!
    Religion and Politics are like penises. It's okay to have and be proud of them, but it's not okay to whip them out in public and try to shove them down other people's throats!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeNorCal View Post
    Here's a link to wikipedia's section on bathhouses, with a section on etiquette: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bathhouse

As far as finding "a few well hung in shape guys", don't be surprised when you also find plenty of us older, not so well hung out of shape guys, too (especially if you go on a morning or afternoon during the week.) The key to enjoying the baths is to "just say no" to anything or anyone you don't want to do!

Enjoy, and always play safe!
    Thank you for the response... The bath house that I will most likely be going to does cater to all ages and body types so I know I'll be seeing a lot of older out of shape guys. What I was getting at is just that I'd like to try and go at a time of day when there are a fair number of guys who are about my age and level of fitness mixed into the crowd. I'm 34 Don't have visible abs but just barely enough fat around the middle to cover them.

I plan to kinda scope it out a few times with a day pass and figure out when the best times are for that, or maybe just call ahead and ask what the current crowd is like. Then if all is to my liking I'll probably go ahead and buy a year long membership. I've done the math and the free HIV testing alone makes it well worth the price of membership, plus once I get it all figured out I should be able to have a lot of fun there. I have a hard time finding a top that is both big enough and long lasting enough to fully satisfy me, but at a place like that, well if one doesn't do then on to the next one
    Last edited by axlton; Apr 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM.

In Ipswich Mass on cranes beach they call it a bathhouse but it's really a place to shower and change clothes. At times there's guy's hooking up with other guy's

There are two in San Antonio. so often I hear folks say, can you host, but the fact is a bathhouse is a great place to meet someone you know. It is better than a hotel room, and is with folks that support bi and gay folks. And you can be alone with your own friends. Close a door and have fun.

Do not be afraid of death, be afraid of a boring life.