Register

Is your Personal Ads page blank? It is your browser ad blocker.

When I go to that page, I don't get any search tools or criteria, just a blank. I can search individuals through the members list on the drop down menu for community.

Re: Search Personal Ads

Hi baachus. What browser are you using?

- Drew

I get everything but it is located to the right side of the window. Perhaps you missed it bi expecting the search to be at the top. Firefox on Windows XP Pro, Windows Media Edition and Vista it works fine.

Using mozilla firefox 10.0, xp sp3

This is the page I get

Thx man. That is a problem isn't it?

Everything is fine in FF9 and IE9. I will try to test FF10 and figure it out.

- Drew

Thanks for the help, Drew

Going to try my laptop and see if that's any different

Edit: Laptop w/vista home and firefox 10.0, still didn't work. must be something with firefox
    Last edited by baachus; Feb 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM.

I'm just barely getting familiar with the new layout, but I want to bring one point that has gotten to me in the past. I find it annoying that when I search the personals and enter the state and F/M/CPL/T I still have to comb trough adds that far from me.

My suggestion is so when we search for personal adds, I believe it till be VERY convenient to be able to have the option to search not only by state; but also by city (or millage) and gender.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetnSpicy241 View Post
    I'm just barely getting familiar with the new layout, but I want to bring one point that has gotten to me in the past. I find it annoying that when I search the personals and enter the state and F/M/CPL/T I still have to comb trough adds that far from me.

My suggestion is so when we search for personal adds, I believe it till be VERY convenient to be able to have the option to search not only by state; but also by city (or millage) and gender.
    Yeah, I hear ya SnS. And it was a tough decision, but in the end I decided not to go with geocoding like that because of the privacy concerns. So many of our members are deep in the closet, or otherwise VERY conscious of privacy. So I decided we would not take detailed location info that would allow that kind of detailed geo-searching by other members.

- Drew

ps. Having said that... if there is an an area that has so many ads that wading through them is a real pain then we can break up that area. Let me know if you see an area that you think warrants a break down.

Seems the issue is with firefox 10.0. Just tried IE and it worked. I search the ads.

Hi Baachus. I upgraded to Firefox 10 on my spare pc and can still see the Search Ads page fine. I even logged in as you in case it was some sort of setting with your account, and still fine.

So I think it has to be some sort of setting with your FF10. Is javascript fully enabled? That page uses a lot of js.

I'm trying to think of what else it could be...

- Drew

I had the same problem and didn't find any errors in firebug. I happened to notice my ad blocker was running so I checked if/what it was blocking. The first activated filter was for ##.searchads. I disabled the ad blocker for the search page and it works fine now.

Yes, it was the adblock plus. Let the site in and it worked. Thanks for the help.

Interesting. I wonder if just the word "ads" in the scripts is enough to trigger some ad blockers from stopping the scripts.

Good to know you guys are able to search the personal ads now.

- Drew

Yes interesting bug. Using AdBlock Plus as well under FF ver 10. I could get the search ads page to load if FF was in SAFE mode. But when it was normal with all the add ons DISABLED I still could not get it to work I think FF may have an issue about the disabling of add-ons so be aware, you may think you disabled them but they may still be working.

After searching the AdBlock Plus filter options for "searchads" I disabled the one filter titled "##.searchads" (it is case sensitive) and now it seems to allow the search ads page to load properly. You are gonna have to tack this up as an FAQ or maybe tweak your source code to not use this reference.

BiDi
    Last edited by bidirectional; Feb 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Clarification of a point

I'm using FF 10 also, I can't find the above mentioned filters and disabling Adblock doesn't enable me to search ads either.

Aha!!!! It was Adblock but I couldn't find a specific filter that I could delete that worked. I simply "restored" to an earlier date and now I can search ads again.

Both of the major filter lists for AdBlock Plus (easylist and fanboy's list) have now added that page as an exemption. They tell me that it can take a week for all their users to get the updated filter rules lists. So after about a week this should not be a problem anymore and you should be able to enable AdBlock Plus and that filter and still see the Search Personal Ads page (or you can force a download of the updated filter list I assume).

- Drew
    Last edited by Drew; Feb 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM.

In another thread, it was posted that one couldn't search multiple states/provinces. I used the control key and highlighted BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The search results encompassed all however the order of listing was random. Not listed by province, alphabetical or by last visit.

Quote Originally Posted by baachus View Post
    In another thread, it was posted that one couldn't search multiple states/provinces. I used the control key and highlighted BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The search results encompassed all however the order of listing was random. Not listed by province, alphabetical or by last visit.
    I don't remember seeing that thread but it should be as simple as clicking on the space to the right of one of the states/provinces you currently have selected and the list will come up allowing you to select another. See the screenshot on this post: http://www.bisexual.com/forum/showth...l=1#post221754

- Drew

Adblock and add on's like flashstop were an issue during beta testing. A good many problems were with the user system and not the site. Just a matter of getting everything to play well together. Figuring out who the offender is sometimes is time consuming.

Re: Is your Personal Ads page blank?

been using firefox 14.0a1 nightly it is 64 bit firefox and everything has been working fine.

Re: Is your Personal Ads page blank?

AdBlock allows a person to "whitelist" a site, which permits all the ads appear and the related script to function properly. I whitelist this site for example.