Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would yoiu be offended?

Would you be offended if I wished you a Merry Christmas?

Thumbs up Re: Would yoiu be offended?

no and a merry christmas to you

Re: Would yoiu be offended?

Merry Christmas to you

I surely would not be offended. Actually 70% of non-Christians in the U.S. celebrate Christmas.
    Fake glasses + Mustache tattoo = perfect disguise

I understand the sentiment behind this and would thank you. I still say "Have a wonderful Holiday" to my clients at work because I don't want to leave out folks who also celebrate Yule or Hanukkah.

I was thinking to myself that if a majority of people all over the world want to practice peace and good will toward one another for one night that might not be such a bad thing no matter what the reason.

-E

no....I would not be offended.... personally I perfer blessed saturnalia lol

a smile in any other language is still a smile, a hug in any other culture is still a hug... and a shared blessed regardless of when and why, is still a shared blessing.......

if society is going so anally retentive that they will be offended over words and miss the fact that somebody is being polite and friendly and wishing a happy time for us... then they are never going to see what really matters and that is, its not what you say to the person in front of you, but how you make their day that much brighter by caring enuf to make it brighter for them.....

so on that note..... may santa not get his ass stuck in ya chimney, may your sex toys come with fully recharged batteries, may your lingerie not be 3 sizes too small, may your anal lube not be menthol lube, may the reindeer not shit on ya roof in mid flight, may your family be friendly all day long and may your children not have you on the edge of bankruptcy after buying their presents....
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Not only Merry Christmas to you but also Jesus is the reason for the season.

Merry xxx-mas....and a happy Honk ya too

I say Merry Christmas to everyone, be they Christian or not. If I happen to know what a person is, I'll throw in a Happy Kwanachristmahanukyule to them as appropriate.

Being offended at being wished a Merry Christmas is akin to women being offended that a gentleman opened a door for them. Get over yourself.

Pasa

I'm not offended- to those that do, Isn't it nice to live in a free country where you can judge another religion while you go about not practicing your own? My Directed at no one but our Government who has seen fit to appease the masses.

Bit early but thank you and a Merry Christmas to you.

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Oh and here's a Christmas Quiz for you

Thumbs up Re: Would yoiu be offended?

Mary Christmas to u as well !

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, to you, too.

I wouldn\'t be offended but I\'d return a Happy Holidays and Happy New Year
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

Among the handful of Jewish posters on this site, I am the top dog. If other people want to enjoy their Christmas holiday, I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by keefer201 View Post
    Jesus is the reason for the season.
    Actually not...but regardless....I accept well intentioned good wishes from anyone regardless of their faith or lack of any.

Christmas is mostly a roman catholic invention, an adaptation of pagan rituals having to do with the birth of a son god and the winter solstice. It has nothing to do with Christ...that 'meaning' was shoved upon it by so called 'christians' in attempt to insert their religion into something not of their religion. Those who celebrate saturnalia are closer to the real meaning. (the roman in roman catholic) In other words the season existed before there was a Christ. In Biblical doctrine there is no specification of an ongoing birthday celebration holy day for Jesus. That is wholly a nonsensical human invention. The Jesus Christ of the Biblical record was likely born in the fall.

Nevertheless...Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year too.

While I do agree its a bit early for the "wish"---a few weeks from now would be better---I would not object to it--even though I am not a traditionalist when it comes to things religious---I do celebrate the holiday--even though not stressing the religious side of it----let's face it----Christmas really long ago became a holiday in its own right separate from its religious origin and aspects, it is every just as much a secular holiday as it is a religious one, it surely became an economic powerhouse of one and the driver of America's "Consumer Economy"---just look at the fact that at least here in the US---most retailers derive well over half of their annual revenues from the Christmas holiday season. Most of them basically just hang on the other 8-10 months of the year waiting for the holiday shopping season to return.

Merry Christmas, back at you and everyone else no matter your religious faith, beliefs, etc. or lack thereof!!

Actually--most aspects of what we consider to be the main aspects of the holiday---they have either secular or pagan roots as has been noted---and it is for most of those that I like the holiday and am sure that many here would agree that they like those aspects as well--some of those elements of the holiday that did not come from the Christian religion: http://atheism.about.com/od/christma...odlessXmas.htm
    Last edited by 12voltman59; Dec 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nope, Thank You, and Merry Christmas to you as well!

Nope. Merry Xmas and/or Happy <insert-the-winter-solstice-event-of-your-choice-here>, and a Happy New Year too!

No offense here...we don't care how anyone celebrates the holiday, we wish everyone happiness!

Gets me a fortnight off work every year.. partyin' for close on a month wiv Hogmanay an New Year followin' hot foot behind... pressies.. wotchin the kids faces on xmas mornin as they open thers espesh... good food.. plonk the world tarted up 2 look bright an sparkly... an generally peeps a bit more smilie faced than usual.. wots not 2 like?

Dont care 'bout the religious aspect cos am not religious... but it is the time of good will to all men an dont forget guys.. women.... an' thats a plus.. wots ther to b offended by?
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

no i would not be offended at all by you wishing me a merry christmas.
    merry christmas to you too and and a very happy new year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!! May there be peace on earth and goodwill toward men(and women). And don't forget our 4 legged and winged creatures wild and domesticated.

Would not be offended at all. If however I say Happy Holidays and that person tries to correct me and say I'm trying to be politically correct I am very offended. I say both. When I say Happy Holidays I'm addressing a period of time between Thanksgiving and New Years. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyome100 View Post
    Would not be offended at all. If however I say Happy Holidays and that person tries to correct me and say I'm trying to be politically correct I am very offended. I say both. When I say Happy Holidays I'm addressing a period of time between Thanksgiving and New Years. That is all.
    Often do like to say either "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" since there are the various holidays that are celebrated at this time of year and want to cover all the bases.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I saw the best cartoon the other day and I wish I could find it for this thread. It was a Pumpkin headed individual with all the various trappings of all holidays great and small that said "Happy Fucking Everything, now leave me alone for a year"
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

It's not so much a season as it is a spirit.

Enjoy the season and brightest blessings.