Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: older men

Re: older men

I am 68 and have used Silverdaddies for the past four years. Not only have I used it as a site to meet like minded older men, but I have established a couple of friendships and non-sexual activity partners. Last week I met a gentleman from Phoenix and enjoyed the encounter. I have also been married for 45 years and my wife is currently confined to an assisted care facility due to chronically debilitating health issues. I believe I meet my obligations to her and my family, but still need to seek sexual release and pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    Please stay 23 at heart.
    That is what I like most in those of my age that are.
    It always make me smile when I meet someone like that.
    I am so fortunate I have a career that requries me to be that way.
    I will....23 was my best year.....however, it's nice to have a little more wisdom...the wisdom which comes with maturity, for most people...but grow old gracefully....no way...more like gracefully disgraceful....LOL.
    Last edited by Canticle; Dec 14, 2011 at 6:52 AM. Reason: spelling

I am Queen of all felines. I'm a Lioness. A Leo

What!!!...No coffee??? Keep the stuff in bottles, Sir! I want a real drink!

Love, is the most important emotion in the Cosmos. Love is all.

try putting a bit of info in your profile.

Unofficial Community Leader

Turned 59 today & had a very good birthday! Temp was almost 60, felt like a spring day; got off work early, enjoyed going downtown, doing some shopping. Got lucky & found some thermal undies at half price. Got a free 6-pack of Amberbock Lager because of a scanning error, one of which I'm getting ready to enjoy when I slide into my hot epsom salt bath( very soothing for body aches; my job is very physically demanding). Still lean, tapered, muscled & stronger than my younger co-workers. Arrived home to a plethora of happy birthday e-mails from complete strangers on a Christian site I'm on. But the real gift is that I'm still alive to see this day; got angina, a symptom of heart disease; been dealing with excruciating chest pains since I was 19. Had attacks prior 2 days on the job; think that isn't scary on the eve of your 59th birthday? Every time I have one it's like staring death in the face & wondering, is this the one that's finally going to develop into a fullblown heart attack? But I'm a happy, content man right now & I feel good! Gonna slip into that hot bath with my amberbock & then enjoy some bbq turkey burgers.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    Turned 59 today & had a very good birthday! Temp was almost 60, felt like a spring day; got off work early, enjoyed going downtown, doing some shopping. Got lucky & found some thermal undies at half price. Got a free 6-pack of Amberbock Lager because of a scanning error, one of which I'm getting ready to enjoy when I slide into my hot epsom salt bath( very soothing for body aches; my job is very physically demanding). Still lean, tapered, muscled & stronger than my younger co-workers. Arrived home to a plethora of happy birthday e-mails from complete strangers on a Christian site I'm on. But the real gift is that I'm still alive to see this day; got angina, a symptom of heart disease; been dealing with excruciating chest pains since I was 19. Had attacks prior 2 days on the job; think that isn't scary on the eve of your 59th birthday? Every time I have one it's like staring death in the face & wondering, is this the one that's finally going to develop into a fullblown heart attack? But I'm a happy, content man right now & I feel good! Gonna slip into that hot bath with my amberbock & then enjoy some bbq turkey burgers.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you have a very happy birthday, and many more of them. Take care of yourself. God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Canticle View Post
    I will....23 was my best year.....however, it's nice to have a little more wisdom...the wisdom which comes with maturity, for most people...but grow old gracefully....no way...more like gracefully disgraceful....LOL.
    Leave the discrasceful part off. Just go forward with the wisdom to have more good times.
    The gift of life is SOO WONDERFUL! 21 was my best year AND, even better, it was so perfect that I knew it was never going to be better while it was happening!!!
    So, while I have up times and down times, I am so happy with all that I have had to the privilege to experience.
    I hope the same for you.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside2009 View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you have a very happy birthday, and many more of them. Take care of yourself. God Bless.
    Life after 60 can be great and very rewarding. Go for it!
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside2009 View Post

It's been a really good day Darkside; I like u on here because u seem to reinforce my opinions. I feel like we're kindred spirits.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

hugs pepper, gives ya a long, deep kiss... and whispers happy birthday... may it not be candles you have to blow....... out.....
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    hugs pepper, gives ya a long, deep kiss... and whispers happy birthday... may it not be candles you have to blow....... out.....
    Thanx, LDD; U & I also previously connected.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

I've really enjoyed most of the posts in this thread and I can relate to each, in similar ways.

So far, I think I'm the oldest poster, here. At 71, I naturally look back and, although I tend to reflect mostly on the good times and ignore the bad ones, all-in-all, I've had a great life.

I'm also in one of my most remarkable eras, now. I'm loved and love a wonderful bisexual lady. I have the freedom to be myself, while being able to be honest and open with my lover. What rules I have are those I imposed on myself; I'm not living under anyone's thumb. It's taken a long time to get to this point, mostly because of my own inabilities to accept myself...and be myself, but I'm gonna make the best out of what time I have.

I think that joining this site was a positive turning point in my life and I appreciate most of the members, who shared so much with me.

To the topic at hand--I too sing the praises of getting with "older men."

I can tell ya--it is sure worth doing for many reasons like the fact that even if they cannot always sexually perform in the way they might have when they were young---they can do things that make up for that--and then there is the matter that they are often much more interesting than someone who is very young to talk to since they have so much life experience to share with anyone who will listen.

I sure do recommend that a guy of any age to get with guys older than themselves.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltman59 View Post
    To the topic at hand--I too sing the praises of getting with "older men."

I can tell ya--it is sure worth doing for many reasons like the fact that even if they cannot always sexually perform in the way they might have when they were young---they can do things that make up for that--and then there is the matter that they are often much more interesting than someone who is very young to talk to since they have so much life experience to share with anyone who will listen.

I sure do recommend that a guy of any age to get with guys older than themselves.
    Most of that may be true for some old men. But, if your 20 - 40 something, I am (eventually, almost certainly) too old for you. I so often wish that was not true and can still can perform very well. Are you comfortable with that? Then, an older man may be great for you.
    I am happy with who I am and want the same for you.
    JEM

Jem, I have thought that way too.

Soon after I joined this site, in Oct 2008...after lurking here for a while...a female member, who is much younger than myself, began writing me privately.

I enjoyed her thought process and the fact she is bisexual, too, but made every effort not to insinuate any interest. (Even though I'd had older lovers in my youth...I felt my experiences were a fluke....and never thought the roles would ever be reversed, when I became an older person)

Like you, I thought there could be no possible way she'd be attracted to me. Hell, I'm 33 years older than her!

After writing for a couple of months, we decided to meet, face-to-face, for coffee and conversation.

It was love at first sight for me, but I kept my feelings to myself. Amazingly, she felt the same way...my age didn't enter the equation!

Soon we consummated our relationship. At that first meeting, we agreed to be totally honest and open with each other. I told her I had a male lover; she was OK with that. She didn't have a female lover, then, but I agreed that I'd be OK with it, if she did.

Since then, we've both been more compatible than I'd ever been with any lover of either gender, ever. It helps that neither of us are jealous and hold views that the best way to keep a lover is let them be free.

We've been together for nearly 3 years and there's no sign of losing interest with either of us.

I look at our relationship as a remarkable gift and, as long as I can, I will love her, respect her, and treat her as she deserves. She treats me like a king, too. She's free to come and go as she wishes, but she has chosen to be with just me. I no longer have a male lover and not putting any effort in meeting anyone. However, if either of us find someone we want to be with, we are allowed to do whatever we feel is best for us.

I wouldn't trade her for the world!
    Last edited by Realist; Dec 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM.

[QUOTE=Realist;217082

I look at our relationship as a remarkable gift and, as long as I can, I will love her, respect her, and treat her as she deserves. She treats me like a king, too. She's free to come and go as she wishes, but she has chosen to be with just me. I no longer have a male lover and not putting any effort in meeting anyone. However, if either of us find someone we want to be with, we are allowed to do whatever we feel is best for us.

I wouldn't trade her for the world![/QUOTE]

I totally understand how you feel about her. But time marches on, so she will likely have to find a replacement for you sometime in the future. I doubt, that will work as a foundation of a long-term relationship for most women (or men), so you are a very lucky man to have it work for you and her, especially given the biseuxal issues on top of the age issues.

Would it work for me? Yes, but only if I was as lucky as you. I am definitely not expecting that for me, despite how well it works for you. Fortunately, there are older men and women that are definitely very sexy too.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Jem, I have thought that way too.

Soon after I joined this site, in Oct 2008...after lurking here for a while...a female member, who is much younger than myself, began writing me privately.

I enjoyed her thought process and the fact she is bisexual, too, but made every effort not to insinuate any interest. (Even though I'd had older lovers in my youth...I felt my experiences were a fluke....and never thought the roles would ever be reversed, when I became an older person)

Like you, I thought there could be no possible way she'd be attracted to me. Hell, I'm 33 years older than her!

After writing for a couple of months, we decided to meet, face-to-face, for coffee and conversation.

It was love at first sight for me, but I kept my feelings to myself. Amazingly, she felt the same way...my age didn't enter the equation!

Soon we consummated our relationship. At that first meeting, we agreed to be totally honest and open with each other. I told her I had a male lover; she was OK with that. She didn't have a female lover, then, but I agreed that I'd be OK with it, if she did.

Since then, we've both been more compatible than I'd ever been with any lover of either gender, ever. It helps that neither of us are jealous and hold views that the best way to keep a lover is let them be free.

We've been together for nearly 3 years and there's no sign of losing interest with either of us.

I wouldn't trade her for the world!
    A fascinating post! Somebody up there likes you!
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    Most of that may be true for some old men. But, if your 20 - 40 something, I am (eventually, almost certainly) too old for you. I so often wish that was not true and can still can perform very well. Are you comfortable with that? Then, an older man may be great for you.
    I am happy with who I am and want the same for you.

Well Jem--I am not arguing necessarily that a 20 year old should get with a 50 year old or more person--being in my 50s--it is very unlikely that I would get with someone that young----I am more meaning that if someone is a 20 something---then maybe instead of staying with people of their age group---maybe they should consider being with someone that is in their 40s---I was really more thinking of those of us who are in our 40s and 50s--we should consider or certainly not rule out being with a guy who is in his 60s and 70s----I have been with a man who is about 70 and except for having had to deal with cancer this past year that put him out of commission---he has been a great person to spend time and have sex with.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Since no one has mentioned it, I've had fair luck with squirt.org in the past. It's not as narrowly focused as Silverdaddies, but there are a number of older men on there looking for older men. Best of luck.

Bob

A fascinating post! Somebody up there likes you!
    Your story confirms two long-held beliefs of mine: 1) Love often enters a person's life when that individual isn't actively seeking it. I'm reminded of the simile of happiness as a butterfly; if you chase it, try to capture it, it will constantly elude you; but if you just sit and patiently wait, it will come and rest upon your shoulder. And then there are the lyrics of one of my favorite blues artists, legendary Buddy Guy, when he passionately resounds, " LOVE ...came out of nowhere like a freight train!" I love that line! 2) Compatability is the single most important ingredient in a successful relationship.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

i am an older guy, 60, still going strong with the sex, more than my GF can take. still a very virile man and not going to change that anytime soon. i am looking for a bit younger man for a top for me, maybe in his 40's, but sure wouldnt turn down anyone that appealed to me. i am bi only for the sex. i love sucking cock and getting fucked. i love receiving anal sex and can take a lot of pounding and enjoying every stroke of it. if i could only find a bi guy close to here that we could get together occasionally for sex. i love to suck cock and please a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltman59 View Post
    Well Jem--I am not arguing necessarily that a 20 year old should get with a 50 year old or more person--being in my 50s--it is very unlikely that I would get with someone that young----I am more meaning that if someone is a 20 something---then maybe instead of staying with people of their age group---maybe they should consider being with someone that is in their 40s---I was really more thinking of those of us who are in our 40s and 50s--we should consider or certainly not rule out being with a guy who is in his 60s and 70s----I have been with a man who is about 70 and except for having had to deal with cancer this past year that put him out of commission---he has been a great person to spend time and have sex with.
    I did know this was what you were suggesting when I read your post because I am familiar what you post. But, I bet that a lot of younger people have images of 60+ rather than someone 10-15 yrs older than them. When, I was 20 I was totally into women 30 - 40. I wish I had more luck with them. But, on the other-hand, I could understand their lack of interest in me.
    So, if your 20, do not be suprised if someone 15 yrs older does not see your youth as an asset. But, if you have more than that going for you ........
    JEM

Your story confirms two long-held beliefs of mine: 1) Love often enters a person's life when that individual isn't actively seeking it. I'm reminded of the simile of happiness as a butterfly; if you chase it, try to capture it, it will constantly elude you; but if you just sit and patiently wait, it will come and rest upon your shoulder. And then there are the lyrics of one of my favorite blues artists, legendary Buddy Guy, when he passionately resounds, " LOVE ...came out of nowhere like a freight train!" I love that line! 2) Compatability is the single most important ingredient in a successful relationship.
    This post was intended for Realist; my mind was foggy because of a head cold, medication & beer.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Pep, most of my experiences are exactly that way! I can remember only one time going after a person I was interested in.

Love, companionship, lovers, and friends, have appeared when I least expected it.

From my first sexual involvement with a man, the first woman, those who came in between then and now, were like the butterfly you wrote of........isn't life remarkable?

I'm 70 and still have occasional sex with the wife but I really enjoy older men and have had plenty of them. GumsuckerII from this site just left after we gave each other great blow jobs and he's 72. So there are guys out there. And look at our pics, all those people are over 65. U just need to look around. I have better luck here than SD but I have a friend in N Cal. and he loves SD.

I'm 42 and i have an older guy friend and I just adore him. but here's the thing... I have a younger guy in my class (yup, i'mt back in school) who I'm getting vibes from. He's 20, is incredibly beautiful and stares right into my eyes when he talks to me. Today he brought me a coffee and gave me his cell #, and he always jumps to my aid when I don't understand something. I don't think I could ever let myself be with someone so young, but man, it is a great fantasy.

I think that, since I was so much younger than my first male lover, I naturally learned to not consider age differences. Maybe, if he had been mean, to me, or raped me, I would feel different..........but he was one of the sweetest guys I ever knew.

Mostly when I was young, I ended up with a few older men, as well as a couple of older women. Age meant little to me. Mutual interests, personalities, and trust, were the determining factors in my feeling comfortable with anyone...no matter the age, or gender. I did learn more about being considerate and caring with the ladies. With men, it was usually more about immediate gratification.

I think I developed the desire for sensuous relationships, instead of more platonic sex, from the older women's gentle and more sensuous tutoring.

When I grew older, I mostly gravitated to lovers my age. But, as I entered my late 60s, I developed a couple of relationships with younger guys, but none of them lasted.

But, meeting and falling in love with my GF was a huge shock to me! She is 33 years younger and I never imagined that someone as smart and cute as she is, would ever fall for me!

Like we discussed in another thread, she just fell out of the blue! How lucky was that?

I think that, since I was so much younger than my first male lover, I naturally learned to not consider age differences. Maybe, if he had been mean, to me, or raped me, I would feel different..........but he was one of the sweetest guys I ever knew.

Mostly when I was young, I ended up with a few older men, as well as a couple of older women. Age meant little to me. Mutual interests, personalities, and trust, were the determining factors in my feeling comfortable with anyone...no matter the age, or gender. I did learn more about being considerate and caring with the ladies. With men, it was usually more about immediate gratification.

I think I developed the desire for sensuous relationships, instead of more platonic sex, from the older women's gentle and more sensuous tutoring.

When I grew older, I mostly gravitated to lovers my age. But, as I entered my late 60s, I developed a couple of relationships with younger guys, but none of them lasted.

But, meeting and falling in love with my GF was a huge shock to me! She is 33 years younger and I never imagined that someone as smart and cute as she is, would ever fall for me!

Like we discussed in another thread, she just fell out of the blue! How lucky was that?
    Very lucky. Mine is 10 yrs younger and a doll. However I think , and this is only an opinion, you need to let her know about your bisexuality. If your honest and she loves you and excepts it you will have a wonderful relationship. Being honest and open make a relationship work and more fun. And she may want to join you as mine did.

Very lucky. Mine is 10 yrs younger and a doll. However I think , and this is only an opinion, you need to let her know about your bisexuality. If your honest and she loves you and excepts it you will have a wonderful relationship. Being honest and open make a relationship work and more fun. And she may want to join you as mine did.

BiCplAz

I guess you've missed some of my earlier posts. My GF knows I am bisexual...
    she is bisexual, too; I actually met her on this site, in 2008. It began when I wrote something here and she wanted to discuss more about it.

We talked on the phone and wrote each other for 2 months before we met.

We've been lovers ever since.

silverdaddies is a good place to meet guy's if that is what you are looking for! I posted on the site and got alot of responses in the first half hour. I met with a guy and we are going on a month of seeing eachother! I am in my late forties and he is around 60, which works ok for me as I like older guys, so if you like younger men you may have some luck like me and my partner did! good luck with you search!
    Live and let live for love and happiness are yours to give.