Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Just for Fun! How did you come up with your username?

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    OK Chook, what IS a Chook?
    HA!!! I rest my case.....

Cheers Chook

Chook is Aussie for chicken, but its also an endearing term as in "the old chook " or "you silly old chook" or the all Australian favourite at any given pub a chook raffle or another saying "she running around like a chook with her head chopped off" do you capish now my friernd??

Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    HA!!! I rest my case.....

Cheers Chook

Chook is Aussie for chicken, but its also an endearing term as in "the old chook " or "you silly old chook" or the all Australian favourite at any given pub a chook raffle or another saying "she running around like a chook with her head chopped off" do you capish now my friernd??
    Me luffs Chookie Tikka.. reckon u wud b a rite tuff ole chookie, chookie... just as well me has triff strong toothy pegs!!! Muah!!
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Because I am Duckie's Darling
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

When I first tried to coin a term that would give a hint of who I am, the thing that seemed most outstanding about myself was how utterly bizarre my life path has been, with its sudden unpredictable detours, and not the ghost of a future plan. Trying to see this in a positive light, the phrase "all who wander are not lost" came to mind. I compressed the phrase and it still clunked, but I could think of nothing better and was in a hurry to sign up.

Later I changed my tag line to "always between worlds", which suits me a lot better (I feel it everywhere, and sometimes the feeling is like being lost, after all.) On OKCupid I am BetweenWorlds, and I would have changed my username here to that, but there are way too many posts here where people are quoting me or referring to me as NotLost (even though I sign everything with my real name) so changing usernames now would create too much confusion.

But nothing expresses my essence better than the stolen artwork of the Sufi spinning between Heaven and Hell, and not paying either much mind.
    Cheers
    Atiq

.................................................. .................................................. ........
    I'll decide between men and women the day you decide between food and oxygen.

I love your username, Atiq, it's one that actually makes you smile when you think about it.
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

Mine is an insult that my ex-husband gave me years ago because of my former (and future?) occupation. I decided to embrace it, and I haven't found anyone else with the name online, so it works well for me!

Pronouns make it hard to keep our sexual orientation a secret when asked about our weekend. I had a great time with ….THEM. "Great! Now they don’t think you’re queer ~ just a big slut!” - Judy Carter

rɑk ænd məri sɪtɪŋ ɪn ə tri, ke aj ɛs ɛs aj ɛn dʒi, fərst kəmz ləv ðɛn kəmz mɛrɪdʒ

Quote Originally Posted by _Joe_ View Post
    I first used a Fibonacci sequence that directly related to the cipher used Michelangelo for his decryption transcripts written many years ago - use some Aramaic letters that also appear in old English text. Starting point for the translation was my birthstone and Chinese calendar. I realized I had no damn clue what I was doing so just used my first name.
    Ah, that explains it. So, is _Joe_ short for _Joseph_? It's still kinda long; mind if I just call you "Underscore"?
    Cheers
    Atiq

.................................................. .................................................. ........

Quote Originally Posted by DuckiesDarling View Post
    I love your username, Atiq, it's one that actually makes you smile when you think about it.
    Thank you, Ms. Darling.
    Cheers
    Atiq

There is something special about numbers for me. I like the way that the number five looks. Prime numbers have always my favorites, but I admit that the number nine has a special something too.

love and numbers and derivatives.

mine was my Kinsey score at the time. Over the years though I find myself moving to the homo side of the scale. I'd say I'm a 4 or a 4.5 now. I still love women and find them attractive but if I were given a choice between a woman who is my type and a guy who is my type I'd end up with a dick in me almost every time

SwmNkdInTheRvr...ummm...wanna guess?

I have talked of the origin of my name before---but that was ages ago on a long lost post on this board.

Some have thought that I am into electro stimulation or something of that sort---such is not the case--my "handle" on here as they used to say about names people chose for themselves back in the days that CB radios were so popular---comes from in part---a favorite Jimmy Buffett song called "Twelve Volt Man"

For a time---I tended to use the song titles of Jimmy Buffett songs as the names I used at websites--at least from songs from the early days of Jimmy Buffett's career.

I just changed the 12 volt part to the numbers instead of spelling it out as the song title has it--the "59" part is my birth year---so at this point--I am a "Pirate Looking Past 50" toward 60, if the "God Lord is Willin' and the creek Don't Rise!!"

Here is a link to the song on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEiu5yQHYWI and at the page--it tells of the story of the origin of the song---I thought the story itself--whether true or not--to be rather a romantic one--and fitting in with the world Jimmy Buffett lives in--a world I myself for a time in my life--had the good fortune to also live in--places in tropical climes like the Caribbean--I got to explore many parts of that area as a young man---first with friends who had nice sailing boats that I served as a crew member as we went to points south towards the equator----and later courtesy of Uncle Sam.

The music of Jimmy Buffett surely was part of the soundtrack of the journeys I made to places like Barbados, Aruba, the Cayman Islands, the windward and leeward islands.

I did get to, in some small way, live at least a part of my life like a character in a Jimmy Buffett song---I hope that in a few years--I will be able to go back and spend at least a part of the time I have left down here living life like that yet again.

When it comes to the song itself---I do like it--its one of Jimmy's "pretty ones" as I like to call his songs of this sort.
    Last edited by 12voltman59; Jul 26, 2011 at 5:18 PM.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

12 V, I may be almost 55, but Pirate Looks at 40 is still my anthem and it still chokes me up..

Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
    I'm an over-forty victim of fate ....

Mother, mother ocean, after all the years I've found
    My occupational hazard being my occupation's just not around...

I want my hands on a tiller, not a keyboard..

(and now I've even moved from FL to TX, so no more ocean to look at every day)

Growing up my favorite cartoon was Quick Draw McGraw, and his alter ego was El Cabong

Quote Originally Posted by ElCabong241 View Post
    Growing up my favorite cartoon was Quick Draw McGraw, and his alter ego was El Cabong
    I thought that your name might have come from a favorite "instrument" used to smoke a certain substance!!!!

I kinda think my name says it all. I'm Kinky, I'm Bi, and I'm a Guy. Now would someone let me be Bi with. I havent been with a guy YET and I've had Bi fantasies for close to 10 years now.

I like to bird watch. Wrens are especially bright and bubbly little critters that I'm particularly fond of. I can be bright and bubbly at times, but not in general. I also think Wren is a feminine sounding name. I spell it Wrenn (with double n's) because this site requires your user name to be a minimum of 5 characters long.

very simple. i luv sex with both

I am from Chicago n my nickname is Rusty hense Chirusty. I am a little shy too

Mine is pretty self explanatory I think. I'm here because I love BJ's from either sex. You can say whats in a name, well mine is a good summary.

for me its a mix tenkatsu was a nick name that stuck in school from my bad temper and i used the name im my stories so i added vengful and got my name

Quote Originally Posted by ElCabong241 View Post
    Here is what I was thinking for this name: "Dude--lets get out ElCabong and burn some good weed!!"

I looked down at my junk and said, "Damn, that's a hunk a junk just sticking out..."

Cheers
    Atiq

I thought I was a creative person, but i came up with . . . mtnman because, well, I'm a man and I live in the mountains. eh. Not much going on there! I'll now work on a replacement nick!

Quote Originally Posted by NotLostJustWandering View Post
    Well, I think Thin White Duke was already taken.

So, the thinking went like this :

I'm signing up on a Bisexual site where everybody has a screen name mostly designed to protect anonymity (not everyone, but many). Who is the most famous - i.e. not anonymous - Bisexual of the 20th century ? Answer : David Bowie, which is a fake name, so why don't I "be anonymous" with a real Bisexual name - David Jones (birth name of Bowie - David Robert Jones). I just shortened it to Djones for typing/login sake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phf0W...eature=related

Take that Atiq !

T

Quote Originally Posted by djones View Post
    Didn't put much effort or money into that video, did they? Dry ice, a few lights, and two cameras... could have shot it in a garage!
    Cheers
    Atiq

When I first joined I wasn't sure if I was really bi or just having a mid life crisis a little early, and I had my nipples and cock pierced (now just cock). I LOVE PIERCINGS!!
    WhooHoo! Finally! Repeal!

Username was simple to create; JT are my initials then isBi -curious.
    Last edited by jtisbi; Sep 1, 2011 at 2:36 PM. Reason: missed word

Mine is a nickname that my husband gave me when we met. He said I was sexy and I love astrology. Plus, he said after we have sex I have stars in my eyes. Didn't know that until he told me. LOL